Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honu View Post
I would care about the streak if I were her connections wouldnt you ? Its important and its good for racing 25k people showed up to the hood with their signs to cheer for her and see her do her thing. Yeah maybe they should have ventured out and did something else but at this stage in the game its a little late for that. You have something with stating the older male horse division isnt much to write home about and Z will most likely go against them in Kentucky. I would have to say that the last 4 years have been a no better time to be Zenyatta and her connections because other than her there are no real super stars even if her star is mostly shining on the west coast.
Would I care about the streak? I doubt that there would be a streak as I most assuredly would have challenged her by running in races that mean something and perhaps may have been defeated. However I also might have won races like the Big Cap or Whitney or Woodward or JC Gold Cup or Foster or Arlington Million or Beverly D or Diana or Hollywood Gold Cup or Pacific Classic or Goodwood or something like that. I guarantee that I wouldn't have won either the East coast or West Coast version of the Lady's Secret this year.