Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Flemington

Default What in the f is wrong with this guy?

T.O. spit in a Falcon player's face.Said the guy "was aggravating him."Says he apologizes for that,but now he "has to move on." That was the most insincere apology I have ever heard."Well I apologize for that,and I got to move on now." The guy seems to have no clue that he is gunna be disciplined by the league for this.Simply an oblivious self-centered mess of a human being.Is this a sociopath? He seems to only think something is wrong(to do) when he is told it is wrong(to do.)For instance, this spitting incident is only wrong(for him to do) because others are upset about it.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 12-16-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Havre de Grace

Sociopath seems right....and the NFL will give him a fine! Question is...when is the time for the Boys to draw the line??
Old 12-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Porter
After the SB................

for your sake,Dixie,I hope so!
Old 12-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

If the league doesn't suspend him (which they won't), Bill Parcells or Jerry Jones should take it upon themselves to do it (which they won't either). To spit in the face of another man is totally disrespecting and I know that if I was a DB on the next team that played the Cowboys, Terrell Owens would get layed the **** out. I'd take a 15-yd penalty for having D'Angelo Hall's back. It's a brotherhood out there, a sort of fraternity. U should have respect for every other player that's out there between the lines. I understand there is trash talking that goes on and it can get under your skin. But anyone that's played sports knows that goes on from the time u start playing until u finish. U accept it as a part of the game. U get irritated, u show him up once u score on him, which Owens did twice. But u never spit on a man. Ever.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 12-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
If the league doesn't suspend him (which they won't), Bill Parcells or Jerry Jones should take it upon themselves to do it (which they won't either). To spit in the face of another man is totally disrespecting and I know that if I was a DB on the next team that played the Cowboys, Terrell Owens would get layed the **** out. I'd take a 15-yd penalty for having D'Angelo Hall's back. It's a brotherhood out there, a sort of fraternity. U should have respect for every other player that's out there between the lines. I understand there is trash talking that goes on and it can get under your skin. But anyone that's played sports knows that goes on from the time u start playing until u finish. U accept it as a part of the game. U get irritated, u show him up once u score on him, which Owens did twice. But u never spit on a man. Ever.
I was gonna agree with ya,King....but then I remembered the Miami-FI game! TO has no respect for the game..so the NFL should hammer him!
Old 12-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Dee Tee Stables

disgusting act.
i remember a few years back, there was an incredibly talented, but mentally offbalance, football player. everyone knew he had the goods, and that he needed tons of therapy--if not more help than that. he tried to commit suicide, really didn't want to play the game anymore. attempted suicide. think his name was underwood.
owens reminds me of that guy. i know many, including myself, have blown this guy off as being a megalomaniac or primadonna. maybe it's more than that, but his team(s) cares only about how many passes he can catch. exploitation, when they're done with him as a player, they won't ever think about him again.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
disgusting act.
i remember a few years back, there was an incredibly talented, but mentally offbalance, football player. everyone knew he had the goods, and that he needed tons of therapy--if not more help than that. he tried to commit suicide, really didn't want to play the game anymore. attempted suicide. think his name was underwood.
owens reminds me of that guy. i know many, including myself, have blown this guy off as being a megalomaniac or primadonna. maybe it's more than that, but his team(s) cares only about how many passes he can catch. exploitation, when they're done with him as a player, they won't ever think about him again.
Zeiggy: we all know what a compassionate conservative I am: but this guy has gone way beyond needing help on a couch...he is pulling the strings...and everyones' dancing cuz he can bring the Ring! I thinks he's made 50-80 mill while thoroughly enjoying his ministrations in the public eye. The onus isn't on the Cowboys or the NFL, it's on TO. It's great to be a victim.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:22 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan
Zeiggy: we all know what a compassionate conservative I am: but this guy has gone way beyond needing help on a couch...he is pulling the strings...and everyones' dancing cuz he can bring the Ring! I thinks he's made 50-80 mill while thoroughly enjoying his ministrations in the public eye. The onus isn't on the Cowboys or the NFL, it's on TO. It's great to be a victim.
the problem will be he cant bring the ring....no way the cowboys win the superbowl..sorry dixe..
Old 12-17-2006, 08:23 PM
pgardn

Very good athletes can be bipolar.
All the signs again. ONe minute he is signing a shirt for a competitors son. The next thing you know he is spitting in this same competitors face.

He is up, he is down, and he has a stage.
He does make it easier to dislike the Cowboys so that is the upside... the only upside I can figure.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:24 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
disgusting act.
Ricky Williams is another. He has huge problems.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Very good athletes can be bipolar.
All the signs again. ONe minute he is signing a shirt for a competitors son. The next thing you know he is spitting in this same competitors face.

He is up, he is down, and he has a stage.
He does make it easier to dislike the Cowboys so that is the upside... the only upside I can figure.
Bipolar...ScmiPolar...what's wrong with just saying the guy's a RICHARD Not hammerin you Pgardn,but not everyones' condition can't be fixed with a pill! How about some shock treatments for TO..to cure that sociopathological behavior of his??
Old 12-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Ricky Williams is another. He has huge problems.
It's called DOPE for a REASON!!
Old 12-17-2006, 08:49 PM
pgardn

Quote:
It's called DOPE for a REASON!!
Its called self medicating. I could go into some of the most bizarre stuff he did at UT. One minute, he his doing all this research on Doak Walker giving this absolutely amazing speech showing great intellect, written totally by him. No one else involved. Shut himself in his room for a week, rewrote it, and it was amazing. A month later he has all his clothes all over the ground in his apartment with left over Chinese food a week old mixed in and his sister has to come over and clean up for him and drive him around...

Not quite a simple as he is a loser doper. He is ultimately responsible for not taking his medication, because he likes his highs, but the lows... you would be suprised how many people are like this. I guarantee you have coworkers who have some of these traits... well I should not guarantee... you get the picture.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Randwyck

you would think he woulda learned from when Bill Romanowski spit in his face a few years back. terrible.

Follow me with the Rays grounds crew at
https://twitter.com/TripleCrown59
www.facebook.com/TripleCrown59

K&S pics-
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0BYtWrhw2csXLA
Old 12-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Its called self medicating. I could go into some of the most bizarre stuff he did at UT. One minute, he his doing all this research on Doak Walker giving this absolutely amazing speech showing great intellect, written totally by him. No one else involved. Shut himself in his room for a week, rewrote it, and it was amazing. A month later he has all his clothes all over the ground in his apartment with left over Chinese food a week old mixed in and his sister has to come over and clean up for him and drive him around...

Not quite a simple as he is a loser doper. He is ultimately responsible for not taking his medication, because he likes his highs, but the lows... you would be suprised how many people are like this. I guarantee you have coworkers who have some of these traits... well I should not guarantee... you get the picture.
Pgardn: I could possibly understand Rickys' problem(take the damn medicine) but using grass isn't self medicating...it's smoking DOPE. He seems like a nice kid..I have 4 nice kids...some drink some don't. TO is a self-absorbed butthead, and people are gonna get what he's dishing until they've had enough!
Old 12-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Arlington Park

I remember 6-7 years ago there was a defensive lineman from the Chicago Bears they found walking through the snow with no shoes or jacket ... Alonzo Spellman. Now he was a sick man. Owens just seems to be an as.s who takes all the attention he can until he is punished. Talented player for sure but he'll crash again soon.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
I remember 6-7 years ago there was a defensive lineman from the Chicago Bears they found walking through the snow with no shoes or jacket ... Alonzo Spellman. Now he was a sick man. Owens just seems to be an as.s who takes all the attention he can until he is punished. Talented player for sure but he'll crash again soon.
S2S: wasn't there a thing on ESPN this week about Spellman? Did you see it? It was a long fall,man!
Old 12-17-2006, 09:54 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Pgardn: I could possibly understand Rickys' problem(take the damn medicine) but using grass isn't self medicating...it's smoking DOPE. He seems like a nice kid..I have 4 nice kids...some drink some don't. TO is a self-absorbed butthead, and people are gonna get what he's dishing until they've had enough!
Sure it is, and it definitely is in his case. Just like people who drink too much to hide from reality. Their world is too tough, so change your brain chemistry and change the perceived world. Dope, alchohlism, pretty much the same thing in my book.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Sure it is, and it definitely is in his case. Just like people who drink too much to hide from reality. Their world is too tough, so change your brain chemistry and change the perceived world. Dope, alchohlism, pretty much the same thing in my book.
Your book is a lot like my book! It is the succeeding genrations' curse that their parents tried to do too much for them,thereby denied them the needed skills to survive. 2 "hybrid" generations....have you heard that before??
Old 12-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
S2S: wasn't there a thing on ESPN this week about Spellman? Did you see it? It was a long fall,man!
I did not see it but remember it very well. He was roamimg around for hours; some of it was caught on tape and shown on TV. I remember Mike Singletary helped "rescue" him. It was awful.