Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-29-2006, 05:18 PM
The Curragh

Default Hard To Beat

A day at the track like today. I can't believe how well I did. I hooked up with two friends who wanted to go to Beulah and bet The Red Mile. So, I intended on doing the same. I get to the track and change my mind, get me a DRF instead. I only bet Belmont. A recap of my day at the windows...............

Race 1
$5 win and place on Gray Mountain
2nd, pays $5.90
A GREAT EFFORT by the way to get 2nd

Race 2
$2 win and $10 place on Ad Me In
2nd, pays $7.90
First time starter and I am defintely waiting on this horse to race again
I also will ALWAYS respect horses owned by the Ramsey's and trained by Dominic Galluscio

Race 3
After Mr Whitestone scratched after the gate incident I just put $5 win on Accountforthegold who was a game second and had the lead enough to really get my juices pumping but Tinseltown was the best. Is Defer ok by the way?

Race 4
I read GPK's thread about this horse and I respect his knowledge of the turf so I bet accordingly, $5 win and place. Horse was a gamer for a second around the final turn but just did not seem to have the right trip? This horse's head seemed to bob up and down a lot, is it just my lack of years in watching races or is that not a good sign?

Race 5
I UNLOAD ON Deputy Indy. Loved the last race at Belmont this horse had. $10win and $20 place
$12.20 and $6.40
Watch the replay of this race, LOVED this effort

Race 6
Was still shaking with excitement about my hit with Deputy Indy
Played $10 win only on Couth
Gate to wire, unreal when this horse kicked it in another gear on the stretch
$7.90

I was done then, sat around and bought a couple rounds.

Thank you Deputy Indy, Gray Mountain, Couth and Ad Me In for a great day at the windows. I have my confidence back after a loonnnnggggggg dry spell. I hit a Pick 4 a couple days back at Belmont, then come back and have another great day like today. Love this, love it.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:21 PM
The Curragh

name of horse in Race 4 is Bitter Lemon fyi
Old 09-29-2006, 06:04 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost
A day at the track like today. I can't believe how well I did. I hooked up with two friends who wanted to go to Beulah and bet The Red Mile. So, I intended on doing the same. I get to the track and change my mind, get me a DRF instead. I only bet Belmont. A recap of my day at the windows...............

Race 1
$5 win and place on Gray Mountain
2nd, pays $5.90
A GREAT EFFORT by the way to get 2nd

Race 2
$2 win and $10 place on Ad Me In
2nd, pays $7.90
First time starter and I am defintely waiting on this horse to race again
I also will ALWAYS respect horses owned by the Ramsey's and trained by Dominic Galluscio

Race 3
After Mr Whitestone scratched after the gate incident I just put $5 win on Accountforthegold who was a game second and had the lead enough to really get my juices pumping but Tinseltown was the best. Is Defer ok by the way?

Race 4
I read GPK's thread about this horse and I respect his knowledge of the turf so I bet accordingly, $5 win and place. Horse was a gamer for a second around the final turn but just did not seem to have the right trip? This horse's head seemed to bob up and down a lot, is it just my lack of years in watching races or is that not a good sign?

Race 5
I UNLOAD ON Deputy Indy. Loved the last race at Belmont this horse had. $10win and $20 place
$12.20 and $6.40
Watch the replay of this race, LOVED this effort

Race 6
Was still shaking with excitement about my hit with Deputy Indy
Played $10 win only on Couth
Gate to wire, unreal when this horse kicked it in another gear on the stretch
$7.90

I was done then, sat around and bought a couple rounds.

Thank you Deputy Indy, Gray Mountain, Couth and Ad Me In for a great day at the windows. I have my confidence back after a loonnnnggggggg dry spell. I hit a Pick 4 a couple days back at Belmont, then come back and have another great day like today. Love this, love it.
Curt thats great, but the Ramseys have never owned a horse trained by Dominic Galluscio, so I'm trying to figure out how in the world you arrived at that angle.
The horse was indeed bred by the Ramseys, but is owned by Sequel racing which is what famous and successful pinhooker Becky Thomas races under.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:11 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Curt thats great, but the Ramseys have never owned a horse trained by Dominic Galluscio, so I'm trying to figure out how in the world you arrived at that angle.
The horse was indeed bred by the Ramseys, but is owned by Sequel racing which is what famous and successful pinhooker Becky Thomas races under.
Ok Mike, I made a bobo on that line. Anyhoooooooo . still juiced a couple hours later! Thanks for the clarification Mike.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Del Mar

$10 win, $20 place....I thought you said you unloaded on that horse? My grandmother bets more than that at Bingo.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:22 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
$10 win, $20 place....I thought you said you unloaded on that horse? My grandmother bets more than that at Bingo.
thats an unload considering my gambling budget. i am no high roller by any stretch of the imagination

one of these days i am going to be strictly a win wager guy
Old 09-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Del Mar

I've had a crazy week at work Curt. Have to go in tomorrow for a bit too, which is rare for me. Tonight its baseball, with just baked chocolate chip cookies and a big mug of warm milk (helps me sleep). Ahhh, life is good.

Congrats on your nice day and I was only busting your nuts. Stay within what you can afford to burn away.

Friendly Island tomorrow
Old 09-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Saratoga

Default Easy Timmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
Not everyone can be degenerates like you and me.....