Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Del Mar

Unhappy More than 80 million to sit out election.

Yikes, looks bad for our great president..

Quote:
These Americans are not likely to make their voices heard on Election Day because they are paying attention to other things and don’t have faith in the process. Sixty-one percent could not correctly name the current vice president. good, they don't know about Biden gaffs

Seventy-nine percent think the federal government plays an important role in their lives, but 59 percent say they don’t pay much attention to politics because “nothing ever gets done - it’s a bunch of empty promises,” and 54 percent say they don’t pay much attention because politics “is so corrupt.”
Quote:
Getting them to go to the polls, however, is the challenge. Still, Obama has the upper hand.

Of those who said they would support Obama if they did vote, 85 percent said they would be encouraged to register or even cast a ballot if they knew their vote could help swing a close election. Just 70 percent of those who support Romney said they would turn out to help swing the election in his favor.

The nationwide survey polled 800 adults in live telephone interviews between July 30 and Aug. 8. Fifty-two percent said there was a 50-50 chance they would vote in this year’s election and 44 percent said they were not likely to vote. Four percent were undecided.
Of those who said they are registered to vote but unlikely to do so, 44 percent said they voted for Obama in 2008 and 20 percent said they backed McCain OUCH

http://www.marconews.com/news/2012/a...ma-poll-finds/

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 08-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Dee Tee Stables

yeah, so many people have no clue. can't name one member of the scotus-can't name their congressman, their senators-probably most don't know their governor. not surprised that many don't know the vp-probably in line with naming the sec of state.
when i talk with people from places like canada, they tell me that they know more about our govt than many of us do-and they're right.
quick, without looking, name canada's prime minister-or england's.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:37 PM
The Curragh

Canada, no one knows because he is not particularly important in the world, LOL.
GB, some might know this week due to the Olympics.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Keeneland

American voters are notoriously lazy and ill-informed. Package those numbers with the 5 million legally registered citizen voters that will be purposely disenfranchised, and few have room to complain about what's happening in this country.

Quote:
As a delegate to the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, a woman approached Benjamin Franklin and reportedly asked, “Mr. Franklin, what have you designed for us in there?” Franklin retorted, “A republic madam…if you can keep it.”
Voters have 100% responsibility for the government they get.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 08-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrun View Post
Yikes, looks bad for our great president..
Oh wow I just assumed you lived here. What country are you in?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
yeah, so many people have no clue. can't name one member of the scotus-can't name their congressman, their senators-probably most don't know their governor. not surprised that many don't know the vp-probably in line with naming the sec of state.
when i talk with people from places like canada, they tell me that they know more about our govt than many of us do-and they're right.
quick, without looking, name canada's prime minister-or england's.
But I bet many of them could name the contestants on "Dancing with the Celebrity".
Old 08-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat View Post
Old 08-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
MMSC that was very very funny
Old 08-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Saratoga

Quote:

Old 08-17-2012, 07:15 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Ouch! I thought you were above the fray, MMSC. Welcome to the gutter!

As for the subject of this thread, if a person isn't engaged enough to know the current office holders, much less the challengers, I'd prefer that they sit out the election. Why encourage a person who doesn't understand the issues to vote? The people who make their decision based upon advertisements and gut level emotional panderings, or heaven forbid a person's color?
Old 08-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Saratoga

This President made me do what no other has ever done...

I changed my party.

Lifelong Dem, hell I was one of six members of the College Democrats at Pepperdine (as opposed to the thousand plus Young Republicans) but yeah last year that was the end of that.

I have always voted for who I thought was the best qualified and never because of party lines and I've voted Republican many times including for George W. Bush cause c'mon, Kerry? Geez what a scary thought!

This President? He is a disgrace on so many levels it's mind-numbing.

I hope all that he has destroyed can be fixed somehow and that we never again have a President who apologizes for the USA.

Okay I'm done here.

For now.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
Ouch! I thought you were above the fray, MMSC. Welcome to the gutter!

As for the subject of this thread, if a person isn't engaged enough to know the current office holders, much less the challengers, I'd prefer that they sit out the election. Why encourage a person who doesn't understand the issues to vote? The people who make their decision based upon advertisements and gut level emotional panderings, or heaven forbid a person's color?

Nah, she's a good gal, just funnin like i was i think...she knows where i live..capiche

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 08-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrun View Post
Nah, she's a good gal, just funnin i think...she knows where i live..capiche
Of course I'm good!

Someday explain to me what he's done right because I can't seem to think of anything.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
This President made me do what no other has ever done...

I changed my party.

Lifelong Dem, hell I was one of six members of the College Democrats at Pepperdine (as opposed to the thousand plus Young Republicans) but yeah last year that was the end of that.

I have always voted for who I thought was the best qualified and never because of party lines and I've voted Republican many times including for George W. Bush cause c'mon, Kerry? Geez what a scary thought!

This President? He is a disgrace on so many levels it's mind-numbing.

I hope all that he has destroyed can be fixed somehow and that we never again have a President who apologizes for the USA.

Okay I'm done here.

For now.
Give me your address so I can send you some flowers.