Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Randwyck

Default McNabb to Redskins

Not shocked he got traded, but to a divisional rival?

http://www.csnphilly.com/04/04/10/Mc...835&feedID=704
Old 04-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

They'll run Kolb outta that town soon enough.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:39 PM
The Curragh

WTF

That's all I can say right now because I'm speechless
Old 04-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Dee Tee Stables

you mean i don't have to yell at jason campbell this year??
Old 04-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Belmont Park

Don't they still have the pit bull wrangler?? Seems logical that they'd deal him, obviously on the downslope of his career, while he still had some value.

To a divisional rival though?? At least Philly won't have to study a whole lot of film for 2 weeks this season....
Old 04-04-2010, 07:48 PM
The Curragh

I was fine when Randall left, it was easy to root for him in Minn. But this? I hate the Redskins even more then the Cowboys.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Randwyck

I hope that Redskins & him kills the Eagles next season as a BIG F-YOU to the Eagles fans that didnt support him over the years
Old 04-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
They'll run Kolb outta that town soon enough.
So that's what we did? We ran McNabb out of town? You sure it wasn't a BUSINESS DECISION? DId you happen to think about that first or were you too busy wiping the foam from your mouth up, in anticipation of getting a lick in?

They(the organization) OBVIOUSLY are very high on Kolb. He was their first pick in the 2007 draft, so it was only a matter of time before he either saw the field or wsa traded. The brass knew that this day was coming since the DAY they drafted KK- and they capitalized (hopefully) on trading 5 as opposed to letting him walk for nothing next year.

There's no bigger fan of Mcnabb out there than me. But if the price you get in return is right, and you feel you have a plan B that can step in there and do just as good a job- you strike while the iron is hot.

Kolb might not be able to evade defenders and shrug off first contact like McNabb, but he sure as hell throws a more catchable ball. and I don't even want to pull out that meaningless first two games to start a career stat out.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
So that's what we did? We ran McNabb out of town? You sure it wasn't a BUSINESS DECISION? DId you happen to think about that first or were you too busy wiping the foam from your mouth up, in anticipation of getting a lick in?

They(the organization) OBVIOUSLY are very high on Kolb. He was their first pick in the 2007 draft, so it was only a matter of time before he either saw the field or wsa traded. The brass knew that this day was coming since the DAY they drafted KK- and they capitalized (hopefully) on trading 5 as opposed to letting him walk for nothing next year.

There's no bigger fan of Mcnabb out there than me. But if the price you get in return is right, and you feel you have a plan B that can step in there and do just as good a job- you strike while the iron is hot.

Kolb might not be able to evade defenders and shrug off first contact like McNabb, but he sure as hell throws a more catchable ball. and I don't even want to pull out that meaningless first two games to start a career stat out.
They will regret this decision.

I'm a huge McNabb fan but I really think this was a terrible move.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:

What the hell are you getting so excited about? Whether or not it was a smart business move isn't my point. Eagle fans have been hating McNabb off and on and crying for his replacement for years. There wasn't a more popular backup QB in football than Kevin Kolb the last three years, despite the fact that he threw all of 34 passes in his first two seasons (with 0 TD's and 4 INT's to boot).
Old 04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Flemington

As a Giant fan, I'm not really sure how I feel about this. I respect McNabb tremendously. I think the guy is a warrior and has never been embraced during his tenure in Philly. For them to trade him within the division, is a huge slap in Mcnabb's face if you ask me. Basically I feel it's the Eagles saying you're washed up and we are not worried about having to face you twice a year.
We will see about Kolb, but it seems that the defense is the bigger problem with that team these days. As far as the Skins go, once again Mcnabb is stuck with a team with absolutely no weapons at reciever. He had that problem so many years in Philly and now he has it in Washington. He should make them better, but I believe that they still have a way to go. I think it's a good deal for both teams, the Eagles get a change that might shake things up and take them to the next level and the Skins get an upgrade at QB.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:46 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
you mean i don't have to yell at jason campbell this year??

Not until McNabb is injured because the O line gives up more sacks than the Skin's make first downs next year
Old 04-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
As a Giant fan, I'm not really sure how I feel about this. I respect McNabb tremendously. I think the guy is a warrior and has never been embraced during his tenure in Philly. For them to trade him within the division, is a huge slap in Mcnabb's face if you ask me. Basically I feel it's the Eagles saying you're washed up and we are not worried about having to face you twice a year.
We will see about Kolb, but it seems that the defense is the bigger problem with that team these days. As far as the Skins go, once again Mcnabb is stuck with a team with absolutely no weapons at reciever. He had that problem so many years in Philly and now he has it in Washington. He should make them better, but I believe that they still have a way to go. I think it's a good deal for both teams, the Eagles get a change that might shake things up and take them to the next level and the Skins get an upgrade at QB.
I don't think Santana Moss and Randle-El are bad and Cooley is one of the best TE in the league.

NT
Old 04-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
I don't think Santana Moss and Randle-El are bad and Cooley is one of the best TE in the league.

NT
I actually like Cooley. Not a big Randle El guy, just look at him as a gimmick/wildcat option. Moss is a guy that just seems to get disheartened and just ends up disapearing. Maybe that's a product of Jason Campbell being your QB or maybe the guy is just a dog. I guess we'll see how he does with Mcnabb throwing his way, but either way it's a major step down talent wise from what he's coming from in Philly. It's actually funny, they finally have the weapons for him to throw to and they get rid of him.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:01 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
What the hell are you getting so excited about? Whether or not it was a smart business move isn't my point. Eagle fans have been hating McNabb off and on and crying for his replacement for years. There wasn't a more popular backup QB in football than Kevin Kolb the last three years, despite the fact that he threw all of 34 passes in his first two seasons (with 0 TD's and 4 INT's to boot).
Disagree 2 out of the last 3 years some guy in Green Bay gets the nod over Kolb, you know, that guy that replaced #4
Old 04-04-2010, 09:03 PM
The Curragh

Redskins have shown over the last couple of years they have no clue when it comes to players and the draft, free agency etc etc.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost View Post
Disagree 2 out of the last 3 years some guy in Green Bay gets the nod over Kolb, you know, that guy that replaced #4
Rodgers has been the starter for two years, and before that Favre still had huge fan support, unlike McNabb.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:10 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Rodgers has been the starter for two years, and before that Favre still had huge fan support, unlike McNabb.
good point
Old 04-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Not I, nor the majority of the diehards that I surround myself with wanted him gone this year (unless the price in return for his trade was skyhigh). We KNOW what we have in Donovan. He's never been known to be most accurate, but he makes plays that no other quarterback in the NFL can. In Kolb, there's questions that need to be solved and they'll be answered by September.

The money the Eagles have shaved for this years cap is astronomical. Something BIG better be in the works.

and im sorry for coming off harsh...im a tad ummmm...(still thinking of word)
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-04-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
The money the Eagles have shaved for this years cap is astronomical. Something BIG better be in the works.
What cap?