Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-13-2006, 07:37 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Default Ok Chitowners..

my boy finished a game 4th...I still love him...he's still the man in my book.

any pictures by chance??? He looked awesome in the post parade and it's so funny to see how tiny he is compared to the others out there.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:41 AM
Arlington Park

GP,
see the ArlJim post, "Million Day 2006" about 1/2 way down the first page on Paddock.... some very nice pictures....
Old 08-13-2006, 07:43 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
GP,
see the ArlJim post, "Million Day 2006" about 1/2 way down the first page on Paddock.... some very nice pictures....

thanks B. Have a good one yesterday?
Old 08-13-2006, 07:48 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
thanks B. Have a good one yesterday?
Not especially. I took a few wagering weeks off (save a small bet on DTS horse at Finger a few days ago). Played a few small p-3's and tri's at Saratoga and AP late yesterday. Should have taken another week off.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Keeneland

OK Kev, Vern didn't have his camera but Rob did and got what he said were great shots of EC in the paddock. As soon as I get em I will foward them on. This guy also walked opposite of the Grandstand just before the Bev D and got a photo of the crowd which was large yesterday. Should be a good one. Can't believe the pace went so slow and after watching Gorrella explode home in the Bev D 20 wide thought for sure we'd have a closer. Then after watching Showing Up go wire to wire I now think Gorrella's performance was freakish. Best run I've seen live since Storm Flag Flying came back in the BC Juvi Filly a couple of years back.
All in all a great day despite the monetary setback suffered. LOL Now I can look foward to returning to NY.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
OK Kev, Vern didn't have his camera but Rob did and got what he said were great shots of EC in the paddock. As soon as I get em I will foward them on. This guy also walked opposite of the Grandstand just before the Bev D and got a photo of the crowd which was large yesterday. Should be a good one. Can't believe the pace went so slow and after watching Gorrella explode home in the Bev D 20 wide thought for sure we'd have a closer. Then after watching Showing Up go wire to wire I now think Gorrella's performance was freakish. Best run I've seen live since Storm Flag Flying came back in the BC Juvi Filly a couple of years back.
All in all a great day despite the monetary setback suffered. LOL Now I can look foward to returning to NY.
Rock of Gibraltor's close was better IMO
Old 08-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Keeneland

Except Rock came up short.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Idlewild Airport

Kev,

No love for Cacique. Had him in the matchup at Pinny for four bills. I assume you were the one playing against me.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:09 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
Kev,

No love for Cacique. Had him in the matchup at Pinny for four bills. I assume you were the one playing against me.

Randall....they could have put a $50-$75 claimer in there...let him have the lead running those fractions and they wouldnt have caught him either....total toss of a race. EC was a minimum of 3 wide the whole way and how many lengths does that equate to in a race of 1 1/4? quite a bit....the horses that ran 1-2-3 around the track finish 1-2-4.

I played no matchups on that race yesterday. Looking at EC in the post parade, he looked like a winner. I placed a small $50 win bet on him and I had him singled in the last leg of the NTRA pick 4 that I was alive to. No way I was gonna bet more than that at low odds in that race from the far outside post. I knew the race was over after they went 6 in 1:15

Glad you made some money....what kinda price you get Cacique at?
Old 08-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Randall....they could have put a $50-$75 claimer in there...let him have the lead running those fractions and they wouldnt have caught him either....total toss of a race. EC was a minimum of 3 wide the whole way and how many lengths does that equate to in a race of 1 1/4? quite a bit....the horses that ran 1-2-3 around the track finish 1-2-4.

I played no matchups on that race yesterday. Looking at EC in the post parade, he looked like a winner. I placed a small $50 win bet on him and I had him singled in the last leg of the NTRA pick 4 that I was alive to. No way I was gonna bet more than that at low odds in that race from the far outside post. I knew the race was over after they went 6 in 1:15

Glad you made some money....what kinda price you get Cacique at?
+121. Not too bad.