Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Randwyck

Default ATR (Merrow guest hosting)

Is there no live show today?
I believe it's a replay of last Thurday's show.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Steve Byk

I'm sorry. Am hoping Seth Merrow can sub for me, or we won't have live shows until at least next Wednesday.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Randwyck

No worries Steve...just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the update.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
I'm sorry. Am hoping Seth Merrow can sub for me, or we won't have live shows until at least next Wednesday.
Steve - I hope all is well with you.

mfg
Old 08-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Steve Byk

Thanks.. And starting tomorrow, Seth will guest host until I get back to NY.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Fairgrounds

Steve,
I was hoping to see you this weekend. I hope everything is ok.

Paul
Old 08-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Hope everything is going well. Looking forward to Merrow filling in. He will be like Dale Beckner filling in in the W.V. Derby I am sure...
Old 08-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Suffolk Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemoncrush
Is there no live show today?
I believe it's a replay of last Thurday's show.
What was strange for me is that I turned on my Sirius in the car last Thursday as Steve was talking about Siaca's female cousin...then yesterday I turned in Sirius in the car at about the same time and heard the same exact conversation. ...and at first I thought WOW Steve can tell the same exact story word for word. ...about 15 minutes later I realized it was a repeat.

Steve, I hope all is well where ever you are. I know its a bad time to be away from "the shop". Best to you in your crisis.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Les Bois

Quote:
Thanks.. And starting tomorrow, Seth will guest host until I get back to NY.

Steve, I will echo those sentiments as I know all of us do, and hope all is okay with you and/or your family. We'll look forward to having you back come next week.

Rich (Dee Tee Stables) from Lex
Old 08-24-2009, 04:49 AM
Arlington Park

seth, good job last friday.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:46 AM
Steve Byk

I can't thank Seth Merrow enough for his generous response to my request to host ATR Friday and Monday. He is one of my favorite on-air partners, a consummate professional broadcaster as well as handicapper, and a guy who helped me get started as a race writer by featuring my work at Equidaily.

Though I haven't heard the shows, I'm sure Seth was terrific, and I have endless appreciation for his doing this without hesitation. It is nice to know you can count on people for support, and Seth is a guy who always comes through.
He and I have our third and final 'Call to the Post' show on Capital OTB-TV 12 Monday (8/31), and it's been great to be back on TV with him this summer after last year's 'hiatus'.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
I can't thank Seth Merrow enough for his generous response to my request to host ATR Friday and Monday. He is one of my favorite on-air partners, a consummate professional broadcaster as well as handicapper, and a guy who helped me get started as a race writer by featuring my work at Equidaily.

Though I haven't heard the shows, I'm sure Seth was terrific, and I have endless appreciation for his doing this without hesitation. It is nice to know you can count on people for support, and Seth is a guy who always comes through.
He and I have our third and final 'Call to the Post' show on Capital OTB-TV 12 Monday (8/31), and it's been great to be back on TV with him this summer after last year's 'hiatus'.
you had NO worries! seth did an excellent job both days. he's a great "substitute teacher"
Old 08-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:

Steve -- Seth did great and provided excellent insight. Still miss the old master though. Hang in there buddy.

Joe