Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Bowie

Default Whitney/Haskell/Test...

Is it just me or are these 3 races extremely tough to cap with not too many toss outs? Tomorrow I may just pass all of them and make a win bet on Fort Prado hoping he can gut it out at around 7-5 odds.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Saratoga

Yep...the test is impossible, and the chalk will end up winning there. I think Bluegrass is the nuts in the Haskell because SC should bounce off his huge effort last time. The Whitney, Survialist can hit the board at a REAL nice price and would be a worthwhile exacta box with Flower Alley.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Balletto

I agree with Survivalist in the Whitney... but he scares since he comes off as an "all or nothing" horse in this spot. He's either going to run REAL well or falter badly. I dunno, gut feeling.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Saratoga

Sheet wise (TG) he looks to be progressing well. The Rag guys love this horse, if he is over 10/1
Old 08-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Balletto

I hope he does well. Pedigree wise, he's head and shoulders above the rest but at this level in the handicap division, pedigree takes a backseat to natural talent. Will say this though, great future stud prospect for all the breeders.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Newmarket

I'll be honest with you guys, I think Survivalist has no shot in here.
Invasor is the real deal.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Balletto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
I woudnt argue that... like I said, gut says "all or nothing" which is probably a cop out on my behalf with a field this size.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Washington Park

WIld Fit in the Test. Distance suits well and Biancone hits 30% away 90+. Pace scenario is there as well for her, plus you get the entrymate for whatever that is wroth.

In the Whitney cant not like Flower Alley, but with a ton of pace entered I'd box him with Sun King, SUrvivalist, & WV.

In the Haskell, gotta love and respect Bluegrass Cat's 2nds in the KD/Bel and I think he has this field easily

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

www.myspace.com/dustinfabian
Old 08-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Its a Rag/TG play...Invasor is the real deal also but if Flower runs his race, he beats Invasor by open lengths...

I would actually like to play Invasor in the BC Classic in Vegas, especially if Jara stays aboard
Old 08-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Saratoga

Another thing about Survivialist is that he is on an up swing and has a very capable trainer, he was a money burner but it looks like the horses mind might finally be straighten out...

I am not saying on top but I would consider boxing him with Flower, and a LARGE exacta straight flower over survi
Old 08-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Newmarket

I respect Flower Alley, and it will be Invasor's first big test against a top horse. I have a hunch that Invasor has moved past FA though.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Saratoga

Default Enough of this

where are you sitting Million Day?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Newmarket

Shug is great and I always consider what he puts on the track. I just feel that this is much stiffer competition than what he has been facing.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
where are you sitting Million Day?
Not sitting anywhere. I don't have enough patience to make it an all day affair. I'll have my wagers placed from home. Then I'll go over when it comes time for the G1's and hang out in the saddling area, apron, the tent's, etc.

what are you doing?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Saratoga

yeah, it drags, racing starts at 11:45 or some crap...I doubt I am going that early, if at all....A little birdie told me that my dad got a box or something thus I will be going. The gold room has free beer so I might just get hammered and play a huge pick three with the Secretariat and whatever Grade 1 is around it and then get hammered all day and ask every male I see if he is Boldruler
Old 08-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
yeah, it drags, racing starts at 11:45 or some crap...I doubt I am going that early, if at all....A little birdie told me that my dad got a box or something thus I will be going. The gold room has free beer so I might just get hammered and play a huge pick three with the Secretariat and whatever Grade 1 is around it and then get hammered all day and ask every male I see if he is Boldruler
IS BR supposed to be coming?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
IS BR supposed to be coming?
He will be mucking Showing up stall all day probably

It is like the Ringley brothers on Million Day, if I get the box I will most likely be there, no box, not going.....i also might phone wagers into Pinnacle also becuse I am not dealing with comedy people betting dime supers....dime supers are great for online, but have no business on track
Old 08-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
He will be mucking Showing up stall all day probably

It is like the Ringley brothers on Million Day, if I get the box I will most likely be there, no box, not going.....i also might phone wagers into Pinnacle also becuse I am not dealing with comedy people betting dime supers....dime supers are great for online, but have no business on track
No, Million day is not a day you want to be in line to bet at the track. SOOO many amatuers taking twenty minutes each.

I forgot about Showing Up/Boldruler, of course he'll be there.

Hey Boldruler, lets arrange to meet on Million day. I want to get a picture of you with Showing Up.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
No, Million day is not a day you want to be in line to bet at the track. SOOO many amatuers taking twenty minutes each.

I forgot about Showing Up/Boldruler, of course he'll be there.

Hey Boldruler, lets arrange to meet on Million day. I want to get a picture of you with Showing Up.
Are you bringing a camera?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Are you bringing a camera?
NFW man, it was just a line.