Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Fairgrounds

Default Dutrow now trains....

...Danger To Society.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I wonder what he'll be able to do with a horse who's appeared to have some ability all along, last start notwithstanding of course.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Oaklawn

source?
Old 02-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linny
source?
It's true. Confirmed by owner Lansdon Robbins.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Calder Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linny
source?
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/edito...e.cgi?id=13949

Danger to Society to Dutrow

Kentucky Derby (G1) hopeful DANGER TO SOCIETY (Harlan's Holiday) has been transferred to Richard Dutrow. A smart 3 1/2-length victor in a 1 1/8-mile allowance at Gulfstream Park on January 8, the Lansdon Robbins III-owned colt suffered his first career setback when finishing seventh as the 9-5 favorite in Saturday's Holy Bull S. (G3). Formerly trained by Kenny McPeek, Danger to Society moved into Dutrow's shedrow on Monday.

"I'm glad to have him in the barn," Dutrow told kentuckyderby.com's Jill Byrne. "We don't have a next spot picked out for him. We haven't discussed it."

Dutrow, who trains other horses for Robbins, adds Danger to Society to a growing roster of Kentucky Derby prospects. He recently gained Canadian stakes winner PATENA (Seeking to Gold), who was sold to IEAH Stables and transferred to Dutrow following his runner-up finish in the Lecomte S. (G3) at Fair Grounds.

Danger to Society owns a 3-2-0-0 career line.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Oaklawn

Thanks, I wanted to include it in an article and wanted confirmation.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Tropical Park

Did Robbins remove all of his horses from McPeek's barn or just this one? Rumor has it that he walked the horse over to Dutrow himself.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Good thing he got him away from that no-talent hack McPeek.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Newmarket

He should improve off that Holy Bull effort next time out.

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 02-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchos1
Did Robbins remove all of his horses from McPeek's barn or just this one? Rumor has it that he walked the horse over to Dutrow himself.
I heard through the grape vines of the backstretch that the owner was at the barn the next day were there was no sign of McPeek (he was on his way to Tampa) The owner tried to call him numerous times and no answer and no call back. Last call & Voice mail went something along the lines of him wanting to talk to the trainer of a potential derby horse the day after the horse runs so he went and found a trainer that will answer his phone. Again not confirmed but what is being said.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Delaware Park

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll0608
I heard through the grape vines of the backstretch that the owner was at the barn the next day were there was no sign of McPeek (he was on his way to Tampa) The owner tried to call him numerous times and no answer and no call back. Last call & Voice mail went something along the lines of him wanting to talk to the trainer of a potential derby horse the day after the horse runs so he went and found a trainer that will answer his phone. Again not confirmed but what is being said.
Figures. I'm not impressed by McP. Unlike some, I don't think he is "any angel either" and he is I'm sure, arrogant to boot.

Starlight Stables removed both Harlan's Holiday and Repent from McP after they won and sent them to Pletcher. If I recall, they were both injured. Same with Sarava...owner moved him to Baffert after he won the Belmont at 70-1 and he was injured as well.

Probably was Helen Pitts who did most of the "heavy lifting" for McP.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i heard steve give both this news and about saratoga sinner having a chip. i can see taking him from mcpeek-but giving him to dutrow....ugh.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Delaware Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff
Sure will.
Kentucky has the most liberal drug rules of any venue.

They are not even testing for steroids at Gulfstream until April/May.
I bet McP will rarely race in NY.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:00 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
It's true. Confirmed by owner Lansdon Robbins.
I have to wonder what that does to a Owner/Trainer relationship. It can't be great.
I think LBR3 only employs Dicky D and McPrick. You have to think that with Ken having to juggle 3-4 other Derby candidates played a role in 'Danger' being moved to Dutrow, who himself said is void of a derby hopeful.

I dont understand LBR3, if he doesn't think Ken is the absolute best trainer out there, why would he pay $115 a day and give him horses in the firstplace.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff
Probably about 30 Beyer points at least
Old 02-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOL JACK
I have to wonder what that does to a Owner/Trainer relationship. It can't be great.
I think LBR3 only employs Dicky D and McPrick. You have to think that with Ken having to juggle 3-4 other Derby candidates played a role in 'Danger' being moved to Dutrow, who himself said is void of a derby hopeful.

I dont understand LBR3, if he doesn't think Ken is the absolute best trainer out there, why would he pay $115 a day and give him horses in the firstplace.
Dutrow has This Ones for Phil pointing to the FOY and the recently acquired Patena, so I don't know why Dutrow would have said he was void of a hopeful.

Re: the relationship between Robbins and McPeek, don't these guys have some business and/or real estate interests together - something in Saratoga, I think?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
i heard steve give both this news and about saratoga sinner having a chip. i can see taking him from mcpeek-but giving him to dutrow....ugh.
He's had success with Dutrow with Offlee Wild and a filly whose name I forget..

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOL JACK

Robbins uses Carlos Martin and Jimmy Jerkens as well.

He helped McPeek come back by giving him horses upon his return to training. They scored with Drilling for Oil.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese
Figures. I'm not impressed by McP. Unlike some, I don't think he is "any angel either" and he is I'm sure, arrogant to boot.

Starlight Stables removed both Harlan's Holiday and Repent from McP after they won and sent them to Pletcher. If I recall, they were both injured. Same with Sarava...owner moved him to Baffert after he won the Belmont at 70-1 and he was injured as well.

Probably was Helen Pitts who did most of the "heavy lifting" for McP.
Though I am probably the last person in the world who anyone would think would stick up for McPeek , I am amazed by how many people give credit to Helen Pitts for McPeeks success despite the fact he has been far more successful since she went on her own.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:18 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchos1
Dutrow has This Ones for Phil pointing to the FOY and the recently acquired Patena, so I don't know why Dutrow would have said he was void of a hopeful.

Re: the relationship between Robbins and McPeek, don't these guys have some business and/or real estate interests together - something in Saratoga, I think?

He said that before T14P ran a 185 beyer...Sprinting nonetheless. Doesn't exactly scream ten furlong type.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese
Sure will.
Kentucky has the most liberal drug rules of any venue.

They are not even testing for steroids at Gulfstream until April/May.
I bet McP will rarely race in NY.
This is fiction. Of course facts will get in the way of your misguided "drug" theories.