Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Randwyck

Default Stardom Bound

appears to be just like her name suggests. Boy, she came flying down the lane (going very wide) to win by at least 5 lengths in 1:22 and change. She finished very strongly (per the fractions), so she wasn't just beating staggering fillies. My only qualm is that Stardom Bound looks like a female Circular Quay; she's not going to win many races lagging 15 lengths behind. I wish Pasach could find a way to get her a bit more involved. In any case, nice filly.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy
appears to be just like her name suggests. Boy, she came flying down the lane (going very wide) to win by at least 5 lengths in 1:22 and change. She finished very strongly (per the fractions), so she wasn't just beating staggering fillies. My only qualm is that Stardom Bound looks like a female Circular Quay; she's not going to win many races lagging 15 lengths behind. I wish Pasach could find a way to get her a bit more involved. In any case, nice filly.

Its very impressive when horses come way off the pace to run them all down but like you said those types dont win much. This horse probably needs to have more gate works. I really thout Palacio De Amour would hang on for me.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Just a matter of time

A group of us have been playing her since her debut. Was a very quick filly at the 2YO sales this spring in Florida. Her debut race was quite amazing also... The key will be when she goes two turns and to see if she can relax and be closer to the pace.

PSH
Old 09-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Oriental Park

She actually is quicker but seems to finish up better when left alone, some horses that is just they way they want to run, does not seem to bother zenyatta any, not saying she is her but very good horses run their races no matter the style.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Aqueduct

And of course i was in the air coming back from seeing my fiance and her family in Alabama so no way to see that the race was hapening uggh pays 13 for the win
Old 09-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Del Mar

That is a superstar in the making..no doubt about it. Just watched the race and have posted before the "word" was she was going to be real good. Wow!

Spyder
Old 09-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpyder
That is a superstar in the making..no doubt about it. Just watched the race and have posted before the "word" was she was going to be real good. Wow!

Spyder

I would be careful to start labeling now. How many have we seen do this as a 2yo and just flop later. On top of that this horse is a deep closer and You will probably see more second and thirds from this horse than wins. Also Christopher Paash is a good 2yo trainer but most of his horses never develop to thier potential at 3
Old 09-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Santa Anita

Is her next start the Breeders Cup? I wonder what her odds will be..
Old 09-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Del Mar

Default Before the race......

Paash said this horse is just crying out for 2 turns. She looked outstanding, and should be very tough going even longer.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Del Mar

I very rarely get on a horse and sing their praises but this one is special. Maybe I'm crazy but you just don't see horses gobble up horses like this. It's exciting, shows talent, and if the horse improves I think she's a monster. How far she will go I don't know but believe there's alot of upside and can't wait to see her run again. I can't say that about any other horse I've seen in along long time.

Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by eajinabi
I would be careful to start labeling now. How many have we seen do this as a 2yo and just flop later. On top of that this horse is a deep closer and You will probably see more second and thirds from this horse than wins. Also Christopher Paash is a good 2yo trainer but most of his horses never develop to thier potential at 3
Old 09-03-2008, 08:35 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem0822
Paash said this horse is just crying out for 2 turns. She looked outstanding, and should be very tough going even longer.
I wonder who told him??
Old 09-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Del Mar

I guess I have a personal interest as when I was at Hollywood Park I got to meet someone close to the connections that said she was one of the fastest horses in the US. Kinda like the DT horses, you get close to them.

So I'm going to route for her and see what happens.

Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
Seriously? She's very nice and with a little luck might be undefeated right now, but wasn't Circular Quay as impressive if not more than she? And he certainly fizzled out.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Oriental Park

Who told Paash?
Old 09-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Seriously? She's very nice and with a little luck might be undefeated right now, but wasn't Circular Quay as impressive if not more than she? And he certainly fizzled out.
maybe, the pedigree screams route though.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
That settles it then.
plus Drugs said she would route with no problem, so that is all the evidence needed.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:51 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Evita Argentina did not look like the same horse as she did in her previous 2. I know there was a little bumping at the top of the stretch, but she almost looked like she was hesitant to switch leads.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Del Mar

Another great race. This horse is for real and can't wait to see the next step. Gobbled up those horses!
Old 09-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Del Mar

Default Stardom Bound......

Another great performance, as she keeps stretching out she looks more impressive!
Old 09-27-2008, 06:47 PM
pgardn

The leaders went out way fast.
Bunch of Jelly legged horses at the
end except for your gray.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Flemington

I've followed her since her tremendously impressive preview video at the undertack show during OBS March - and talked about her on Steve's show before she debuted at Del Mar. As fun to watch as she is - and as much as I like her - I don't think anything of the competition she has been beating.

I know her figures aren't much either - but figures just don't matter at all when you talk about the perverted form of horse racing that you see take place on synthetic tracks.

It's hard to say exactly how good she is - but she's obviously much better than anything out West.

That big preview at OBS March also came over a synthetic. I don't think she's a very good projection to dirt racing because of her style and how void of tactical speed she is ... but that won't matter until the discussion involves the KY Oaks.