Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Saratoga

Default Who's coming to this shindig on Saturday?

Entries are done on Wednesday I think. Who is planning on coming to Chi-town?
Old 05-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Oaklawn

Scav:

Sat AM - I'm flying in from DC. My dad from Albany. Looking forward to my first AP visit and meeting more DT'ers.

See ya Sat.

DB
Old 05-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Morris Park

Default Chi-town here we come!

Looking forward to Preakness Day @ AP with our gal, KnS!!!! Am bringing a group of 6 total; suggestions as to where to meet, reserve seats, etc???? Scavs/ArlJim, need some local info? Thanks!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilertige
Looking forward to Preakness Day @ AP with our gal, KnS!!!! Am bringing a group of 6 total; suggestions as to where to meet, reserve seats, etc???? Scavs/ArlJim, need some local info? Thanks!
6 people, you might want to get a outside box with a TV, they are not that expensive unless it is Million Day.

From Arlington's site....

Executive Box Seats
Watch the races in style and let our wait staff pamper you from the comfort and convenience of your seat overlook the finish line
Second or Third Level Center
$12 per seat, plus general admission. Each box includes a television to see the replays and action up close. Buy the whole box and save!
Old 05-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Oriental Park

Scav,
I'll be there with another member of this site, who does not post much. Are you planning to just hang out in the paddock area, and walk around to watch the live races like last year?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:51 PM
The Curragh

made the trip to Arlington Park on the Derby, me and my brother are thinking about making the Preakness trip to AP as well.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan
made the trip to Arlington Park on the Derby, me and my brother are thinking about making the Preakness trip to AP as well.
Can you stay through Sunday Austin?
Old 05-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Detroit Race Course

Default Crazy ?

Can sumwon in the Chi-town gang give me an indication of how crazy it will be there on Preakness Day. I want to make the drive up from No. KY. but am wondering if it will be nuts getting parked and shoulder to shoulder around the grounds. Made the trip to watch Sumwon last July ( it was a Wed. I think ) and it was really a fun day. Not crowded at all, and no problems getting in and out of the track. Our local track is a zoo on TC days. Jazzy might be sittin' a Big One!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Leger
Can sumwon in the Chi-town gang give me an indication of how crazy it will be there on Preakness Day. I want to make the drive up from No. KY. but am wondering if it will be nuts getting parked and shoulder to shoulder around the grounds. Made the trip to watch Sumwon last July ( it was a Wed. I think ) and it was really a fun day. Not crowded at all, and no problems getting in and out of the track. Our local track is a zoo on TC days. Jazzy might be sittin' a Big One!!!

um...unfortunately you won't have a problem with "shoulder to shoulder"

Hopefully a few more than the Sumwon race on Wed, but Polytrack and Cat/Cal winning every race keeping the crowds down
Old 05-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings
Scav,
I'll be there with another member of this site, who does not post much. Are you planning to just hang out in the paddock area, and walk around to watch the live races like last year?
3kings,

You should know I am a man of the people and will be all over the place. I have started a new thing where if I am interested in the race, I go to the paddock, see how my horse looks. But I will probably be around this bar that everyone chills at now, right in front of the tote board.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Leger
Dude, you are all good, no issues at all. Will be abnormal large crowd but it isn't a big deal. It isn't the Million which is kinda nuts but even that is ok. To give you an example, I never have an issue getting a bet in and I am at the teller every 5 minutes
Old 05-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Detroit Race Course

Thanks for the info guys....I'm looking forward to it.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:40 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
3kings,

You should know I am a man of the people and will be all over the place. I have started a new thing where if I am interested in the race, I go to the paddock, see how my horse looks. But I will probably be around this bar that everyone chills at now, right in front of the tote board.

He's gonna be hang'n out with the Calabrese crew like the last time we were all there.......trying to hit that $20 PK3 at belmont in the 4th. Have a beer for me guys, im gonna be 20 yards away from the finish line in apron box seats at skeevy ass b-more, but i'll be watching the simulcast. Have a beer for me boys, and don't be affraid to go to the whip early Scavs

any news on who might/are get'n to ride?

-bt-
Old 05-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Woodbine

Unfortunately I think I am going to be the good husband and take my wife to her horse show on Sat. Her trainer isn't going and her horse can be a real piece of work sometimes so I am going to try and earn some big bonus points with her and miss out on Sat's festivities. I should be down there soon and might consider coming down on Sunday for my B-day! I am sure it will be a good party. Hope you guys see the winners circle!!
Old 05-13-2008, 01:32 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
Can you stay through Sunday Austin?
We were both thinking about that, you have two of your horses running on Sunday don't you?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Arlington Park

we are flying in early saturday morning. safe travels everyone !
Old 05-14-2008, 08:47 AM
Hollywood Park

I'll be there for the day. Arriving Sat.morning and heading home Saturday night, should be a long, fun day.

See everyone there!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i can't make it, but my oldest might be there. he's back in great lakes at the moment-i have to call and give him the time, as he's got duty that day. so we'll see...
Old 05-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Saratoga

Default Need to know who is coming - Have box seats

I have three boxes for Dee Tee Stables on Saturday. I am trying to figure out the best way to accomdate everyone, in the way of getting their tickets. Right now, I have to pick up all 21 seats at the clubhouse entrance, so what I am considering doing is 'leaving' seats for all people coming so they can pick them up at will call. If your coming, and 1) Want to get in free and 2) Want to sit in a nice box, here is the place to post so i can get an idea on how I am going to do this. Post what time you are showing up also....

Who has contacted me so far

3kings (2)
Heels (2)
Suffolkgirl (1)
ddthetide (2)
Scav (4)
Oilertage (Already has tables, bringing 8)

Last edited by Scav : 05-15-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
I have three boxes for Dee Tee Stables on Saturday. I am trying to figure out the best way to accomdate everyone, in the way of getting their tickets. Right now, I have to pick up all 21 seats at the clubhouse entrance, so what I am considering doing is 'leaving' seats for all people coming so they can pick them up at will call. If your coming, and 1) Want to get in free and 2) Want to sit in a nice box, here is the place to post so i can get an idea on how I am going to do this. Post what time you are showing up also....
WarranT PMd me and he wants 3 seats