Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2006, 10:57 AM
oracle80

Default Belmont today/ my plays and info

race 1- #8 Brantley is a strong bet here. In her debut she was grabbed a hold of early after breaking a little slow. Made a move outside and ran evenly. Pletcher is 33% in 2nd starts and this filly is bred to run the longer distance much better today. Her sheet number that day was better than ANYTHING these have ever run. Add in the second start improvement and anything better than even money is a gift.
Race 2- We are going to go against the expected favorite #1 Audacious Chloe. In her debut she set moderate fractions and was still run down at the wire going 4 1/2 in rather average time. My clocker says #5 Velvet Charm is working like a very good race horse. Debuting with Lasix and gets the good outside post. Lets make it a Cold dd.
Race 4- Great reports on #3 Pletcher's One Tough Belle and #4 Zip of Fools. Use both in pik-3's and pik-4's and play an exacta box if there is any value there. Clocker says of the rest that only Donk's horse, #5, has shown anything at all, but far behind the other two.

Race 6- We don't like the favored #12 Bianca Diva and won't be including her in the top spot in exactas or pik-4's.
#3 Lady Jove worked like a real runner before her Saratoga debut last year where she flashed speed and was then laid off. Returned in May and middle moved into a very hot pace set by a runaway huge figure running winner. Drops in for a tag today and my clocker says has worked much improved since her last start. Trainer Alexander owns the horse so the drop is not a negative. Trainers like to drop down into winning spots but are often prevented from doing so by owners. Since he owns here he is taking an edge in placing her.
#4 LC Tornado ran a nice figure in her debut while racing wide and a bit green. Drops down for a tag in her 2nd start and adds blinkers. Flashed speed in her debut and with the blinkers could be cutting the pace. Use her on top.
use #'s 5 and 12 underneath in exactas.

Race 7- Hard race to play on its own merits so we will be spreading out in the pik-4. We will be using #'s 1,3,4,5,7,11 in this very hard turf sprint for Ny bred filles and mares.

race 8- very hard race as well. Problem here is that most of teh top contenders absolutely need the lead to win and all will be gunning. One could shake loose but they could also melt each othe as well. Noone has a figure edge either so we will be spreading out here as well looking for a price.
We will be using #'s 1,3,4,5,8,9

Race 9- which brings us to todays best bet and single in the Pik-4. #5 Mister Zee made his debut for Carlos Martin two starts back in a maiden claiming grass race. He caught a heaily favored MSW dropdown of Clements' named Hanging Curve and made a huge charging wide move while failing to change leads and ran a huge figure 2nd. Last year under Biancone's tutelage he caught very tough field in MSW's and a stakes race.
He ran back after the grass race in a rained off the turf race. Closed well enough for 4th. His main competitors #'s 2 and 4 were late scratches this morning and Mister Zee's sheet numbers layed over these in the first place. Carlos loves him today.

The pik-4 play is 3,4
72 dollars for each buck and I suggest you play it.
Good luck!!
Old 06-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Saratoga

I need to quit my job so I can start playing during the day....
Old 06-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Makes me want to forget my few chores and go to LS but if I do Ill stay late and miss the Mavs tonight. Thanks for the recap Ora.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
I need to quit my job so I can start playing during the day....
Ditto on that...
Old 06-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Woodbine

Man, I wish I could too, can't get outa work. I would love some insight into tomorrow's Churchill plays. Probably going for happy hour again.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Hollywood Park

Default Oracle

Oracle:

Still like Faith in the 3rd, the 2 horse at Belmont?

Sounds like you have a lot of conviction today and are expecting a potential big day.... I will be right with you.

Best of Luck,

PSH
Old 06-01-2006, 11:37 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
race 1- #8 Brantley is a strong bet here. In her debut she was grabbed a hold of early after breaking a little slow. Made a move outside and ran evenly. Pletcher is 33% in 2nd starts and this filly is bred to run the longer distance much better today. Her sheet number that day was better than ANYTHING these have ever run. Add in the second start improvement and anything better than even money is a gift.
Race 2- We are going to go against the expected favorite #1 Audacious Chloe. In her debut she set moderate fractions and was still run down at the wire going 4 1/2 in rather average time. My clocker says #5 Velvet Charm is working like a very good race horse. Debuting with Lasix and gets the good outside post. Lets make it a Cold dd.
Race 4- Great reports on #3 Pletcher's One Tough Belle and #4 Zip of Fools. Use both in pik-3's and pik-4's and play an exacta box if there is any value there. Clocker says of the rest that only Donk's horse, #5, has shown anything at all, but far behind the other two.

Race 6- We don't like the favored #12 Bianca Diva and won't be including her in the top spot in exactas or pik-4's.
#3 Lady Jove worked like a real runner before her Saratoga debut last year where she flashed speed and was then laid off. Returned in May and middle moved into a very hot pace set by a runaway huge figure running winner. Drops in for a tag today and my clocker says has worked much improved since her last start. Trainer Alexander owns the horse so the drop is not a negative. Trainers like to drop down into winning spots but are often prevented from doing so by owners. Since he owns here he is taking an edge in placing her.
#4 LC Tornado ran a nice figure in her debut while racing wide and a bit green. Drops down for a tag in her 2nd start and adds blinkers. Flashed speed in her debut and with the blinkers could be cutting the pace. Use her on top.

Race 7- Hard race to play on its own merits so we will be spreading out in the pik-4. We will be using #'s 1,3,4,5,7,11 in this very hard turf sprint for Ny bred filles and mares.

race 8- very hard race as well. Problem here is that most of teh top contenders absolutely need the lead to win and all will be gunning. One could shake loose but they could also melt each othe as well. Noone has a figure edge either so we will be spreading out here as well looking for a price.

Race 9- which brings us to todays best bet and single in the Pik-4. #5 Mister Zee made his debut for Carlos Martin two starts back in a maiden claiming grass race. He caught a heaily favored MSW dropdown of Clements' named Hanging Curve and made a huge charging wide move while failing to change leads and ran a huge figure 2nd. Last year under Biancone's tutelage he caught very tough field in MSW's and a stakes race.
He ran back after the grass race in a rained off the turf race. Closed well enough for 4th. His main competitors #'s 2 and 4 were late scratches this morning and Mister Zee's sheet numbers layed over these in the first place. Carlos loves him today.

The pik-4 play is 3,4
Good luck!!
its gonna be HOT AND MUGGY...first lasix may sweat some up...
Old 06-01-2006, 11:55 AM

after what mike said about the first at belmont ..i can safely toss penna horse cuz corny aint up,mott should be in the money...
Old 06-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Hoisttheflag

I like that $460,000 Montbrook in the second too.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:04 PM

you can keep that gift gogo strikes again.....lol
Old 06-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Out of Gas

Looks Like Brandon ran out of gas - had every chance...
Did back him up with the exacta which pretty much saved me...
Old 06-01-2006, 12:10 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Looks Like Brandon ran out of gas - had every chance...
Did back him up with the exacta which pretty much saved me...
Every chance? PSH you need to go back to race watching school and check again. That 2nd quarter move was absolutely teh stupidest thing I have ever witnessed. Do you ever nreak down fractional times? Read the other thread.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Did not see the fractions

Oracle:

Did not see the fractions, i am at work and glancing on the side....
Understand how you are mad and also i obviously would have preferred a winner. Please don't take it out on me... The jock Gomez is the culprit ..

Yes, i do know a thing or two about pace....
Old 06-01-2006, 12:30 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Oracle:

Did not see the fractions, i am at work and glancing on the side....
Understand how you are mad and also i obviously would have preferred a winner. Please don't take it out on me... The jock Gomez is the culprit ..

Yes, i do know a thing or two about pace....
Fair enough PSH but if you had no idea about the fractions then how closely could you have watched the race and how would you know what kind of chance she had? When you get a chance, watch the replay and note the 2nd quarter move, the time that quarter went in(mile and an eigth race for maiden fillies).
Old 06-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Understand

Oracle 80:

When i watched the race originially i was not paying attention to the fractions - just saw him on the lead and pretty much ran out of gas although continued to be quite game...

Just looked at the replay and understand what you said....

Yes, Johnny V would have won that race....

Sorry all around because i would have won much more if he had won...

Hopefully, no hard feelings going forward....

Looks like the horse in the 9th is the major play at hopefully 3-2...
Old 06-01-2006, 01:05 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Oracle 80:

When i watched the race originially i was not paying attention to the fractions - just saw him on the lead and pretty much ran out of gas although continued to be quite game...

Just looked at the replay and understand what you said....

Yes, Johnny V would have won that race....

Sorry all around because i would have won much more if he had won...

Hopefully, no hard feelings going forward....

Looks like the horse in the 9th is the major play at hopefully 3-2...

PSH never any hard feelings. Carlos told me that he had some problems behind that he has worked on and that if the numbers have him as the best(which is what i told him) that he oughta be very hard to beat. YOu can bet him and the best part is that we won't get "Gomezed". LOL!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 02:39 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80

The pik-4 play is 3,4
Good luck!!

YESSIR!!!! Exacta crushed, trifecta nailed, and live to the pik-4 in a spread ticket while the favorite I didnt like finished well off the board. Straight cold exacta as given out.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Morris Park

cool, pat yourself on your back. Poch loved that horse as well, but he tends to shy away from horses under 8/1.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:48 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip away
cool, pat yourself on your back. Poch loved that horse as well, but he tends to shy away from horses under 8/1.
Skip Away, I was excited about a nice hit. Hope some others had it. I don't know exactly where Poch fits in this thread but I know him and hes a good guy. I guess if he had him you should have posted it before it went off. I hope he crushed it good.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Morris Park

He doesnt "crush horses" very often oracle. He tends to stick to his job for making the money he needs. Hes smart enough to know that people dont make money in the long haul gambling. He does have the occasional score but it wont be on a weekday, typically he bets more at Saratoga and on the Big days.

Glad you hit this, we thought $7 was rather generous as well