Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
They need to build around a good YOUNG qb. The skins aren't winning anything with or without Peyton. He needs to go to a team that is ready to win.

i agree. and i think we need a new coach too. did not like them going with shanahan, and i certainly don't like that he chose his kid for OC.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
Unless Trent Edwards or Mike Kafka are dirtbags than we just have 1.

What makes Peyton a dirt bag?

I want him because if he is sound, he is a top 3 QB in the league, if not the best. And he's a lot better than Vick
Agreed, Lori. I think it was a dumb move on the Colts part to let him go and I think that if he is even relatively healthy, he's worth the chance. Look at Drew Brees as an example ... Sean Peyton took a chance on him after his shoulder injury and the rest is history. The team that gets Peyton will be a lucky team IMO.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
he's not? didn't know they'd cut him-or is he a FA now?
he had a one year deal where he robbed the eagles for 5 million. and we signed Trent Edwards as a backup. So our back ups are currently Mike Kafka and Trent Edwards.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26 View Post
Agreed, Lori. I think it was a dumb move on the Colts part to let him go and I think that if he is even relatively healthy, he's worth the chance. Look at Drew Brees as an example ... Sean Peyton took a chance on him after his shoulder injury and the rest is history. The team that gets Peyton will be a lucky team IMO.
certainly the team that gets Peyton will be very lucky. No pun intended.

I don't really fault the Colts for releasing him though. They are in a good spot with the 1st pick in the draft and guys like Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III available. Both those guys have the potential to be absolute beasts, all pro players.

When you owe a guy who is 36 years old and coming back from neck fusion something like 26 million, it makes sense to cut him loose and get Luck or Griffin, and then have all that extra money to build pieces around those guys. Even if the 36 year old is a sure first ballot hall of famer who may be a top 5 QB of all time.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Coach Pants

Miami or Arizona
Old 03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Flemington

Let's try to Handicap this like a horse race.

The auto tosses- Packers, Lions, Falcons, Panthers, Bucs, Saints, Rams Giants, Chargers, Raiders, Pats, Bills, Colts, Bengals, Steelers.

C's- Jags & Browns- Unpleasant destinations that have much bigger issue's than just the QB position. (They should be Auto Tosses for the wrong reasons)

Seahawks- Just don't see Peyton wanting to play for Pete Carroll. Not to mention being stuck in Seattle without a resonable chance of winning a championship in the near future.

Cowboys- Another extreme longshot, here just because Jerry Jones is an attention whore.

Eagles- Another extreme longshot. I heard rumors of the Birds thinking about trading up for RG3. So they are thinking about the QB position, so they have to be left in the mix.

Bears- Cutler has gotten hurt the last 2 seasons. Could Manning be the answer to matching Rodgers and the Packers? Probably not, but I don't think they are an auto-toss.

Titans- Peyton going to a divison rival? Obviously he knows the turf very well. You would think that the Titans could have Jake Locker hold the clipboard for a couple of more years. It's probably a reach, but he did go to school at Tenessee.

Redskins- I know I'm biased, but I just feel like Snyder has made that organization into an absolute laughing stock. He's not afraid to spend money, which makes him a player, but I just don't see it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B's
Jets- They have been pretty quiet so far, which isn't exactly a vote of confidence for the Sanchise. They traded up for Sanchez and had success his first 2 years. They also have other issues, such as the offensive line. Not sure Peyton wants to share the spotlight with his little brother either.

Cards- Seems like a logical fit. Him and Fitzgerald could be quite a combo. But it just seems like such an unsexy deadspot destination.

Ravens- They are built to win now. I'm guessing that management has faith in Joe Flacco. Maybe he has turned the corner as they really should have gone to the Super Bowl. But Peyton is an upgrade for a team that's been on the cusp. You would think that Ray Ray only has a few good ones left. Just like they say in the racing form, interesting.......................

Broncos- You get the feeling that John Elway is drooling. But I just can't see Peyton wanting to play 4-6 games in the Denver winter. But with the Broncos QB void, they could make a strong run.

Texans- Almost in the same boat as the Texans. Built to win now. I like Schaub, but he's got only 1 year left on his contract and Peyton would be an upgrade. Still would be in the same division and gets one of the top recievers in the league. Fals in the interesting category as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A's
Chiefs- Can Peyton bring this Proud organization back to relaventcy? More improtantly, they can supposedly offer more money than anyone else. Montana ended up there after he left SF, maybe Peyton will end up there now.

Vikings- Obviously the owner isn't afraid to take some shots (Favre). They seem to have a good offense, just need someone to run the show. Dome team (for now) could be an exciting fit. Depending on AP's health, Manning might be able to instanly lauch this team to the playoffs.

49ers- Offensively challenged team was a first down or even a whistle away from the Super Bowl. Alex Smith had a tremendous season, but is a free agent. You have to believe that Harbaugh really likes Smith, but this is Peyton Manning we are talking about. He might be the upgrade to put that team over the top (especially if the defense plays like it did last season). It has to be very tempting for them, but they would have to get away from their philosophy and throw the ball more.

Dolphins- There's been some obvious house cleaning in South Beach. The owner has lots of money and apparently Peyton has already visited with them. Would get to throw to Brandon Marshall and play against Tom Brady twice a year. Great location and you would think that the crazy owner will throw lots of dough Peyton's way. But are they close enough to being a successful team for Peyton's liking? That might be the 20 million dollar question.

If I had to guess, I'm going to pick the 49ers. I really feel like teams such as the Ravens and Texans should kick the tires and they have QB's. The 49ers are another now team and don't have a QB, this move would be a good gamble for them.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Jerome Park

Math if we are going to handicap it like a horse race. Than I'll box all your auto -tosses please

sorry.. I had to!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Jerome Park

49ers are a very interesting pick.

Would that team be the automatic super bowl favorites with Peyton?
Old 03-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Math if we are going to handicap it like a horse race. Than I'll box all your auto -tosses please

sorry.. I had to!
If you were smart, you would have done that in Tampa. You would have made alot of money.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
If you were smart, you would have done that in Tampa. You would have made alot of money.
That's a big IF, dude.

I'm going back with Cajun this saturday for the TB Derby.

My handicapping technique will be peering over Bigs, Rudeboy and Exacta Bob's shoulders! and looking at Sheet's sheets.

back to Peyton... I agree with you that San Fran would be the best fit. That would be a scary team with a QB with big enough hands to grip the ball in the rain.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Flemington

Quote:
That's a big IF, dude.

I'm going back with Cajun this saturday for the TB Derby.

My handicapping technique will be peering over Bigs, Rudeboy and Exacta Bob's shoulders! and looking at Sheet's sheets.

back to Peyton... I agree with you that San Fran would be the best fit. That would be a scary team with a QB with big enough hands to grip the ball in the rain.
You guys going to Derby Lane after the track?
Old 03-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
You guys going to Derby Lane after the track?
I'll have to try to talk her into it!!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Let's try to Handicap this like a horse race.

The auto tosses- Packers, Lions, Falcons, Panthers, Bucs, Saints, Rams Giants, Chargers, Raiders, Pats, Bills, Colts, Bengals, Steelers.

C's- [U[B]]Jags & Browns[/u][/b]- Unpleasant destinations that have much bigger issue's than just the QB position. (They should be Auto Tosses for the wrong reasons)

Seahawks- Just don't see Peyton wanting to play for Pete Carroll. Not to mention being stuck in Seattle without a resonable chance of winning a championship in the near future.

Cowboys- Another extreme longshot, here just because Jerry Jones is an attention whore.

Eagles- Another extreme longshot. I heard rumors of the Birds thinking about trading up for RG3. So they are thinking about the QB position, so they have to be left in the mix.

Bears- Cutler has gotten hurt the last 2 seasons. Could Manning be the answer to matching Rodgers and the Packers? Probably not, but I don't think they are an auto-toss.

Titans- Peyton going to a divison rival? Obviously he knows the turf very well. You would think that the Titans could have Jake Locker hold the clipboard for a couple of more years. It's probably a reach, but he did go to school at Tenessee.

Redskins- I know I'm biased, but I just feel like Snyder has made that organization into an absolute laughing stock. He's not afraid to spend money, which makes him a player, but I just don't see it.
B's
Jets- They have been pretty quiet so far, which isn't exactly a vote of confidence for the Sanchise. They traded up for Sanchez and had success his first 2 years. They also have other issues, such as the offensive line. Not sure Peyton wants to share the spotlight with his little brother either.

Cards- Seems like a logical fit. Him and Fitzgerald could be quite a combo. But it just seems like such an unsexy deadspot destination.

Ravens- They are built to win now. I'm guessing that management has faith in Joe Flacco. Maybe he has turned the corner as they really should have gone to the Super Bowl. But Peyton is an upgrade for a team that's been on the cusp. You would think that Ray Ray only has a few good ones left. Just like they say in the racing form, interesting.......................

Broncos- You get the feeling that John Elway is drooling. But I just can't see Peyton wanting to play 4-6 games in the Denver winter. But with the Broncos QB void, they could make a strong run.

Texans- Almost in the same boat as the Texans. Built to win now. I like Schaub, but he's got only 1 year left on his contract and Peyton would be an upgrade. Still would be in the same division and gets one of the top recievers in the league. Fals in the interesting category as well.
A's
Chiefs- Can Peyton bring this Proud organization back to relaventcy? More improtantly, they can supposedly offer more money than anyone else. Montana ended up there after he left SF, maybe Peyton will end up there now.

Vikings- Obviously the owner isn't afraid to take some shots (Favre). They seem to have a good offense, just need someone to run the show. Dome team (for now) could be an exciting fit. Depending on AP's health, Manning might be able to instanly lauch this team to the playoffs.

49ers- Offensively challenged team was a first down or even a whistle away from the Super Bowl. Alex Smith had a tremendous season, but is a free agent. You have to believe that Harbaugh really likes Smith, but this is Peyton Manning we are talking about. He might be the upgrade to put that team over the top (especially if the defense plays like it did last season). It has to be very tempting for them, but they would have to get away from their philosophy and throw the ball more.

Dolphins- There's been some obvious house cleaning in South Beach. The owner has lots of money and apparently Peyton has already visited with them. Would get to throw to Brandon Marshall and play against Tom Brady twice a year. Great location and you would think that the crazy owner will throw lots of dough Peyton's way. But are they close enough to being a successful team for Peyton's liking? That might be the 20 million dollar question.

If I had to guess, I'm going to pick the 49ers. I really feel like teams such as the Ravens and Texans should kick the tires and they have QB's. The 49ers are another now team and don't have a QB, this move would be a good gamble for them.
I believe the Jag-wads have already come out and said that Blade Scabbert (attempting to give a wuss a tougher sounding name lol) is their guy and they are not interested in bringing Peyton here.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 PM
arizonadave

I agree its AZ or Miami and will be decided before Tuesday.The only thing making AZ a slam dunk is the offensive line. We will know very soon.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonadave View Post
I agree its AZ or Miami and will be decided before Tuesday.The only thing making AZ a slam dunk is the offensive line. We will know very soon.
if it's between those two, it'll be miami. i think nfc teams pay a "brother in the the same conference" premium. i don't think he wants to play against the giants for the halas trophy.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Belmont Park

Rumor is that Peyton has already told Danny Boy to pound sand - Doesn't want to play against Eli.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...nfl-free-agent
Old 03-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Rumor is that Peyton has already told Danny Boy to pound sand - Doesn't want to play against Eli.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...nfl-free-agent
How stupid. If it is his best situation (and I am not saying it is), who gives a **** if you play your brother twice a year?

Brothers have been competing against each other in professsional sports since the beginning of time.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
How stupid. If it is his best situation (and I am not saying it is), who gives a **** if you play your brother twice a year?

Brothers have been competing against each other in professsional sports since the beginning of time.
I think it's just a nice way of saying, that I don't want to play for that laughing stock of an organization.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
I think it's just a nice way of saying, that I don't want to play for that laughing stock of an organization.
Probably right. I thought Peyton had a pair and competing against his brother would be way low on his list of priorities.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
Probably right. I thought Peyton had a pair and competing against his brother would be way low on his list of priorities.
I'm sure he would probably like playing against Eli twice a year.
But when you think about I could think of two reasons off the top of my head why what he's saying is likely true.

1- He probably doesn't want to answer the endless amount of questions about him matching up against Eli twice a year for the next 3-4 years.

2- (makes more sense to me) Apparently they are very very close, to the point where they speak to each other and disuss strategy/schemes regarding the opposition for each other every week. Obviously if they are in the same division, that simply couldn't happen.

Bigs, I honestly don't think it's a competition thing, it's more of an intangible type deal.