Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Oriental Park

Default giants

take out the win in buffalo , then the tough loss to NE and then the magic carpet ride thru to the super bowl ---- Tom Coughlin is back to he's pre suber bowl coaching where he had 1 foot out the door , simply terrible today , when does he come under the microscope or does he have a free pass all year?
Old 11-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
take out the win in buffalo , then the tough loss to NE and then the magic carpet ride thru to the super bowl ---- Tom Coughlin is back to he's pre suber bowl coaching where he had 1 foot out the door , simply terrible today , when does he come under the microscope or does he have a free pass all year?
He has a free pass all year. He doesn't call the plays anyway, it's Gilbride. Not sure what you can blame him for today. They dominated time of possesion. They botched a FG, then couldn't get it into the endzone with about 2:00 minutes left from inside the 5 (bad holding penalty and then a very conservative 3rd and goal from the 10) and then finally they needed one person to step up and make a play on d. Guess what it didn't happen, but I don't think this one falls on Coughlin. But with that being said, he better right the ship after the bye week, because they are in absolute freefall. This bunch is too talented to miss the playoffs (especially after a 5-0 start). If they do miss the playoffs, I think it will come down to how the rest of the season plays out. If they make a run and just miss by a game, I think he will be back (Giants organization is very loyal). If they go down in flames which is a possibility, there could definitely be a change, especially going into the new digs next season where people are less than thrilled with the prices and seat licenses that they have to pay. My hunch is that they will make a run and he will be back next season.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
The injuries on defense - secondary primarily - have rendered them a fairly marginal team.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
He has a free pass all year. He doesn't call the plays anyway, it's Gilbride. Not sure what you can blame him for today. They dominated time of possesion. They botched a FG, then couldn't get it into the endzone with about 2:00 minutes left from inside the 5 (bad holding penalty and then a very conservative 3rd and goal from the 10) and then finally they needed one person to step up and make a play on d. Guess what it didn't happen, but I don't think this one falls on Coughlin. But with that being said, he better right the ship after the bye week, because they are in absolute freefall. This bunch is too talented to miss the playoffs (especially after a 5-0 start). If they do miss the playoffs, I think it will come down to how the rest of the season plays out. If they make a run and just miss by a game, I think he will be back (Giants organization is very loyal). If they go down in flames which is a possibility, there could definitely be a change, especially going into the new digs next season where people are less than thrilled with the prices and seat licenses that they have to pay. My hunch is that they will make a run and he will be back next season.

take a shot at the end zone , if you don't make it they have to go 90 yrds to beat and at least 60 to get into fg range
Old 11-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Off topic, but why did Andy Reid go for that FG down 20-13? Wouldn't he have been much better served either going for it or trying a coffin corner punt? Boggles the mind.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:12 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefrank
The injuries on defense - secondary primarily - have rendered them a fairly marginal team.
I agree with this. There is a lot of parity in the NFL and when you lose a couple of guys from one specific area (secondary) it is very difficult to overcome. The Giants schemed to cover it for a while but now that is has been exposed other teams are taking full advantage. Good safeties allow the D coordinator to do a lot of things and losing Phillips really hurts. Watch tonight's game....Denver has 2 good corners but the nickel backs have been so bad that they had to sign Ty Law. Baltimore exposed them in the slot last week and the Steelers will go no huddle a lot to exploit that match-up.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Flemington

Quote:
take a shot at the end zone , if you don't make it they have to go 90 yrds to beat and at least 60 to get into fg range
Correct me if I'm wrong, are you saying that they should have went for it on 4 and goal from the 10? Instad of kicking the FG to go up six and make them score a TD to win.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
Correct me if I'm wrong, are you saying that they should have went for it on 4 and goal from the 10? Instad of kicking the FG to go up six and make them score a TD to win.
yes

you have the highest paid qb in the league , now after the penalty it's 1 and goal at the 14.....not 1 of the next 3 play calls goes into the end zone
i don't get it , you have eli manning and a chance to go up 2 poessions on 4th down you kick a field goal to go up 6 and leave them 2 minutes to beat you which is too much time in the nfl with rivers and co
go for it on 4th and if you don't make it , they are on the 4 yrd line and have to still go 70 yrds to get into fg range to tie you , don't play to lose play to win and TC didn't do that yesterday (was phil simms wrong too)

how does the ball not go into the end zone one time in that situation in the last drive , simply terrible play calling and that goes back to the HC

now my other issue is on the 1st drive of the game - again play to win
you are on a 3 game skid and reeling

you get the ball for the opening drive , you start at your own 11 , you have a good amount of success running the football in that drive - you have the ball for close to 7:00 minutes here in the 1st qtr - you have a 4th and 1 on the sd 21 - why not go for it and fire the crowd up ???? jacobs can't get a yard to keep the drive going ....no you settle for a fg attempt that gets botched! again you have the highest paid qb in the league and a monster back in BJ against a weak run defense - go for the 1st down and set the tone in the game
Old 11-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Dee Tee Stables

the gi-aints are on a skid for sure.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Flemington

Quote:
yes

you have the highest paid qb in the league , now after the penalty it's 1 and goal at the 14.....not 1 of the next 3 play calls goes into the end zone
i don't get it , you have eli manning and a chance to go up 2 poessions on 4th down you kick a field goal to go up 6 and leave them 2 minutes to beat you which is too much time in the nfl with rivers and co
go for it on 4th and if you don't make it , they are on the 4 yrd line and have to still go 70 yrds to get into fg range to tie you , don't play to lose play to win and TC didn't do that yesterday (was phil simms wrong too)

how does the ball not go into the end zone one time in that situation in the last drive , simply terrible play calling and that goes back to the HC

you get the ball for the opening drive , you start at your own 11 , you have a good amount of success running the football in that drive - you have the ball for close to 7:00 minutes here in the 1st qtr - you have a 4th and 1 on the sd 21 - why not go for it and fire the crowd up ???? jacobs can't get a yard to keep the drive going ....no you settle for a fg attempt that gets botched! again you have the highest paid qb in the league and a monster back in BJ against a weak run defense - go for the 1st down and set the tone in the game
Don't disgree about going for it on 4th down in the first quarter (but it's an easy second guess now because they came away with no points) and I agree about them having to let Eli throw the ball and try to get a touchdown on downs 1-3. But I don't know how you can say with a straight face that they should go for it from the 10 on 4th and goal up by only 3. That's absolutely ridiculous. Maybe just mabye if they are inside the 2, I could entertain the thought (but I'm pretty sure Coughlin would have kicked the FG from where ever they were). Make the Bolts score a TD and thats what they ended up doing. Tip your hat, they made the plays and the Giants didn't. Period.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Off topic, but why did Andy Reid go for that FG down 20-13? Wouldn't he have been much better served either going for it or trying a coffin corner punt? Boggles the mind.

do you need to ask? Its Andy Reid.. he just does that ****. Most overrated coach out there.

Donovan coulnd hit the broad side of a barn either.

We outplayed Dallas and came away with a L Blame 3 factors.. Andy Reid sucks, Donovan sucks ( I would bet $1000 we would have won that game with Kolb.. and I dont care how much crap I get for saying that) and stupid penalties the whole game.

And the refs suck.. it was obvious McNabb got that 1st down on the 4th and inches... the refs should have manned up and reversed the call on the challenge.. the ball should have been placed at least 8 or 9 inches further than it was.. disgrace.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
yes

Maybe the highest paid, but definitely not the worth it.
WR's are small and can't create seperation. All you got is TE Kevin Boss to out-jump the secondary. 3 small WR's 1 TE and 1 RB versus 7 in the backfield. I'll take the 5-6 linemen and 1 RB against 4 anyday.

I'll agree on the 4th and 1 early, but thats me.

But we have the miss tackle on Sproles. the injury TO on Tuck, who I'm finding out was wanting to get back into the game. AND!!!! Webster allowing Jackson to go outside when he should of made him go inside for the double-team. Sorry but your defense was only on the field for a 1/3 of the game and they held SD to 140 yds of total offense.

Heck I've been harping on the Giants not giving Jacobs the ball, but the Giants still had the lead, and the defense did nothing to stop it.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Oriental Park

[quote=Antitrust32]do you need to ask? Its Andy Reid.. he just does that ****. Most overrated coach out there.

Donovan coulnd hit the broad side of a barn either.

We outplayed Dallas and came away with a L Blame 3 factors.. Andy Reid sucks, Donovan sucks ( I would bet $1000 we would have won that game with Kolb.. and I dont care how much crap I get for saying that) and stupid penalties the whole game.

And the refs suck.. it was obvious McNabb got that 1st down on the 4th and inches... the refs should have manned up and reversed the call on the challenge.. the ball should have been placed at least 8 or 9 inches further than it was.. disgrace.[/QUOTE]

the call couldn't be overturned because the replay officals could not see all of donovan's body , thus there was not eneough conclusive evidence to change the spot
they didn't change the spot on the catch with d jax when reid challenged and it looked like the ball should have been placed further back
could you tell me where his left elbow was in any of the replays?

after all that reid kicking a fg with no timeouts was just plain stupid
Old 11-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
[

the call couldn't be overturned because the replay officals could not see all of donovan's body , thus there was not eneough conclusive evidence to change the spot
they didn't change the spot on the catch with d jax when reid challenged and it looked like the ball should have been placed further back
could you tell me where his left elbow was in any of the replays?

after all that reid kicking a fg with no timeouts was just plain stupid

one elbow was in the air and one was on the cowgirls player. it was a bad call by the refs but not the sole reason we lost. McReid and McChoke are the reasons we lost. and bad penalties which also falls on Reid.

Eagles are 1-8-1 in the last 10 games decided by 6 points or less.. and some of you actually think McChoke is a top quality QB. top QB's have much greater records in close games.. McNabb is absolutely horrible in his career in that stat.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
one elbow was in the air and one was on the cowgirls player. it was a bad call by the refs but not the sole reason we lost. McReid and McChoke are the reasons we lost. and bad penalties which also falls on Reid.

Eagles are 1-8-1 in the last 10 games decided by 6 points or less.. and some of you actually think McChoke is a top quality QB. top QB's have much greater records in close games.. McNabb is absolutely horrible in his career in that stat.
rush limbaugh agrees

you can't see his left elbow in the replay , no one knows for certanty where it was so you can't overturn
Old 11-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club
Maybe the highest paid, but definitely not the worth it.
WR's are small and can't create seperation. All you got is TE Kevin Boss to out-jump the secondary. 3 small WR's 1 TE and 1 RB versus 7 in the backfield. I'll take the 5-6 linemen and 1 RB against 4 anyday.

I'll agree on the 4th and 1 early, but thats me.

But we have the miss tackle on Sproles. the injury TO on Tuck, who I'm finding out was wanting to get back into the game. AND!!!! Webster allowing Jackson to go outside when he should of made him go inside for the double-team. Sorry but your defense was only on the field for a 1/3 of the game and they held SD to 140 yds of total offense.

Heck I've been harping on the Giants not giving Jacobs the ball, but the Giants still had the lead, and the defense did nothing to stop it.
What about HAKEEM NICKS, Super Rookie????
Old 11-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
rush limbaugh agrees

you can't see his left elbow in the replay , no one knows for certanty where it was so you can't overturn

i kinda agree that its hard to overturn a spot.. but it was a real bad spot from the get-go.

As soon as they ran the play I thought for sure first down.. couldnt believe where the dude was running out.. back by McChoke's feet.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
This is so ridiculous. If you actually believe this........well I don't know what to say other than put down the pipe before you post.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Churchill Downs

When you win a super bowl in NY...you get all the free passes you need.

Btw.. the chargers were 26-10 against the spread when playing the NFC.
and the Eagles are (I think) 0-5 in Prime time NBC games... just some trends . If there are any trend players out there.
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
What about HAKEEM NICKS, Super Rookie????
Tallest of the Giant WRs (6'1") and better hands than Manningham?