Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 11-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Smooth Operator's Avatar
Smooth Operator Smooth Operator is offline
Gulfstream Park
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJ View Post
Hey smoothie...Cliffy had a dandy of an outing today eh?

Ah … great to see ya, Jersey boy

Yeah, was a tough series for CL

Probably should've walked ER in last night's contest

At least he went down swinging, tho … unlike that big choke artist (RH) in Philly…
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 11-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Antitrust32 Antitrust32 is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 9,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Operator View Post
Ah … great to see ya, Jersey boy

Yeah, was a tough series for CL

Probably should've walked ER in last night's contest

At least he went down swinging, tho … unlike that big choke artist (RH) in Philly…
Howard had a difficult playoffs (though he did hit well.. just no homers and noone decided to get on base for him) and had a terrible last at bat.. but he is NO way a choke artist. Ryan "Just Get me to the plate Boys" Howard and "choke artist" shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Can I start just making stuff up out of thin air, too?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-02-2010, 12:52 PM
ateamstupid's Avatar
ateamstupid ateamstupid is offline
Super Mod.. and Super Fly
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 13,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
Howard had a difficult playoffs (though he did hit well.. just no homers and noone decided to get on base for him) and had a terrible last at bat.. but he is NO way a choke artist. Ryan "Just Get me to the plate Boys" Howard and "choke artist" shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath.
I thought he meant Halladay for a second. It would help if he didn't feel the need to abbreviate every name of every person.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Cannon Shell's Avatar
Cannon Shell Cannon Shell is offline
Sha Tin
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 20,855
Default

Giants pitched great. I was surprised that Texas was so inept against them. Funny that SF could easily finish last in the NL west next season.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Antitrust32 Antitrust32 is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 9,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
I thought he meant Halladay for a second. It would help if he didn't feel the need to abbreviate every name of every person.
I did at first also, the "went down swinging" part assured it was Howard
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Can I start just making stuff up out of thin air, too?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Smooth Operator's Avatar
Smooth Operator Smooth Operator is offline
Gulfstream Park
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,169
Default

Somehow don't think people will mistake RH for RJ ("Mr. October") at this point…
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Antitrust32 Antitrust32 is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 9,413
Default

lets forget that he single handidly carried the team into the playoffs in September the past two years and then had some huge moments in October... oh yeah and he was recently injured and didnt seem to get back into form.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Can I start just making stuff up out of thin air, too?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-02-2010, 02:58 PM
ateamstupid's Avatar
ateamstupid ateamstupid is offline
Super Mod.. and Super Fly
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 13,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
lets forget that he single handidly carried the team into the playoffs in September the past two years and then had some huge moments in October... oh yeah and he was recently injured and didnt seem to get back into form.
He's great, but he strikes out too much and you can't end your team's season with the bat on your shoulder. It's gonna be a while until he lives that down. Carlos Beltran still hasn't lived his backwards K from 2006 down and he took a much filthier pitch than Howard did.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 11-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Antitrust32 Antitrust32 is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 9,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
He's great, but he strikes out too much and you can't end your team's season with the bat on your shoulder. It's gonna be a while until he lives that down. Carlos Beltran still hasn't lived his backwards K from 2006 down and he took a much filthier pitch than Howard did.
that was terrible of him to watch that ball go by.

Philly fans can have problems with anything. So of course they will have a problem with Howard & his contract.

But the guy has been as productive as can be, he's a good leader, and he often comes up big when we need him. Is there any other player you'd want in the month of September not named Albert?

Howard is the man.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Can I start just making stuff up out of thin air, too?
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 11-02-2010, 03:46 PM
timmgirvan's Avatar
timmgirvan timmgirvan is offline
Havre de Grace
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Powder Springs Ga
Posts: 5,780
Default

texas needs a bit of small ball...too predictable
nice job by Giants!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.