Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I been a Zona fan from way back. Miles Simon Mike Bibby days. Phillies cant touch the Yanks. The Eagles cant compete with Green Bay, so its all good my bro.
thank you.. and stick to AZ basketball.. I really only care about their football team. lack of good defence on their basketball team when I went to school there made me lose respect for them. Lute Olsen was incredibly overrated after 2000

tho of course I'll always pull for their bbal lteam to win
Old 09-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
thank you.. and stick to AZ basketball.. I really only care about their football team. lack of good defence on their basketball team when I went to school there made me lose respect for them. Lute Olsen was incredibly overrated after 2000

tho of course I'll always pull for their bbal lteam to win
As far as being a fan of sports. I love the Eagles wide outs. Maclin and D Jack. I love those 2, loved them in College. I think there is a ton of talent there, and Im not sold on the Giants or Cowboys, maybe the Vick story runs DEEP.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Gulfstream Park

Rex is ridin' the pine in Wash now, turk.

Cutler's the man in Chi-town.

Alright ... another nice performance by 7 … albeit against a pretty bad team.

Guy's a big-time athlete in his prime with a lot of experience playing the position.

And I think he fully understands the great opportunity he got here … and will take full advantage.

O-line gunna have to continue to improve … and that little back is gunna have to keep getting some yardage on the ground … but with that good young receiving corps … the potential is there for Mike to have a real big year…
Old 09-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Operator View Post
Rex is ridin' the pine in Wash now, turk.

Cutler's the man in Chi-town.

Alright ... another nice performance by 7 … albeit against a pretty bad team.

Guy's a big-time athlete in his prime with a lot of experience playing the position.

And I think he fully understands the great opportunity he got here … and will take full advantage.

O-line gunna have to continue to improve … and that little back is gunna have to keep getting some yardage on the ground … but with that good young receiving corps … the potential is there for Mike to have a real big year…

Its the NFL. Im sick of the line against a bad team.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Gulfstream Park

Their secondary has been brutal, Rock…
Old 09-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Suffolk Downs

Default packers D

pycho 5 its 1lineman, 5lbackers, 5db def ply yr woodson . Zambo starts poor tommyharris ... go pack go 3/0. elturko
Old 09-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Gulfstream Park

Those # 7 jerseys sellin' like hot cakes in Philly.

Birds will be pumped for this next one at the Linc.

3-1 after Sunday…
Old 11-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
If Detroit looked like the '85 Bears, I don't think the Eagles would have put 35 on the board the other day.

I'll always contend that a team that wants to win won't have Michael Vick as their starting quarterback. It didn't work in Atlanta, and it won't work in Philly. This is a 6-10 team waiting to happen.

P.S. - the Lions have the worst secondary - nay, the worst defense overall - in the entire league. If not for LeSean McCoy having the best game of his career, you're talking about an Eagles loss to the woeful Lions and an 0-2 start. Anybody who actually watched the game the other day (I'm presuming only AntiTrust and myself did based on comments here) would realize that Vick was hardly the reason the Eagles won the game. This isn't baseball; stats can definitely lie.
Contend away!

I guess maybe that 6-10 thing might be out the window there sparky?
Old 11-22-2010, 05:41 AM
Flemington

Coach of the year.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Coach of the year.
Reid has done great things with Vick but Morris in Tampa has to be coach of the year unless they implode the rest of they way.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Reid has done great things with Vick but Morris in Tampa has to be coach of the year unless they implode the rest of they way.
I disagree. That record is a product of schedule. They haven't beaten a team over .500 yet and play in the weakest division in football.

I think Belichick has done a tremendous job with that team.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:56 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Dala is partially correct, but it is a major step in the right direction when you beat the teams you are supposed to beat. The Bucs have zero bad losses and I don't have the time or energy to research it, but I doubt there are many other NFL teams that can say that this year. They have beaten the teams you'd expect them to beat, Cleveland, Carolina (twice), Cincinnati, St. Louis, Arizona and San Francisco. They've lost to the teams that you would expect them to lose to, Pittsburgh, Atlanta and New Orleans. They are 4-1 on the road and were one goal line stand from beating Atlanta on the road to make that 5-0. The next two weeks will tell us a lot about the Bucs.

Bottom line, the team has bought into Raheem and that is big in the NFL.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:18 AM
Dee Tee Stables

i think atlanta's coach ought to be mentioned. after the vick and petrino debacles, that team is one of three at 8-2. of course, still games to be played, but they've really turned things around.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i think atlanta's coach ought to be mentioned. after the vick and petrino debacles, that team is one of three at 8-2. of course, still games to be played, but they've really turned things around.
I know it sounds like a homer call, but what Mike McArthey has done keeping that team together after losing either 7 or 8 opening day starters for the season plus numerous back ups to injury has been pretty impressive.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
I disagree. That record is a product of schedule. They haven't beaten a team over .500 yet and play in the weakest division in football.

I think Belichick has done a tremendous job with that team.
So you were picking the Bucs to be 7-3 and a playoff team? Vegas had the Buc over/under for wins this season at 5 1/2 wins. There is a good chance that they win 10 games which comes close to doubling the expected output. Josh Freeman is the QB, not Tom Brady. The schedule has been pretty easy but do you seriously think that the NFC South is the weakest division in football?
Old 11-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
So you were picking the Bucs to be 7-3 and a playoff team? Vegas had the Buc over/under for wins this season at 5 1/2 wins. There is a good chance that they win 10 games which comes close to doubling the expected output. Josh Freeman is the QB, not Tom Brady. The schedule has been pretty easy but do you seriously think that the NFC South is the weakest division in football?
The NFC West has been abused by the NFC South all season (9-2, I believe).

Some strength of schedule numbers courtesy of Gary Shelton at the St. Pete Times:

'72 Dolphins were 14-0 in the regular season, 12 of those wins were against teams under .500, 9 of those teams were 5-9 or worse. All we remember is that they were 17-0.

'74 Steelers didn't win a game in the regular season against a team with a winning record, but they won the Super Bowl.....

'84 49ers went 15-1, only 4 of those wins came against teams with winning records.

This year's Jets and Bucs have beaten 7 teams below .500, the Bears, 6, the Falcons and Packers, 5.

You are what your record is, there are only 2 of the 16 games based upon where you finish the previous year. The other 14 games are set years in advance.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
NFC West has that locked up. In fact, I think a few divisions are weaker than the NFC South, even with Carolina serving as the anchor.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Coach Pants

Tampa +7.5 @ Baltimore

Flacco has no picks at home. Tampa needs to change that if they want to go 8-3.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
I know it sounds like a homer call, but what Mike McArthey has done keeping that team together after losing either 7 or 8 opening day starters for the season plus numerous back ups to injury has been pretty impressive.
he's another i think is in the running. or should be.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:12 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
My brain wasn't working and for a sec I confused them for being in the west.

The bucs have done a good job. This, though, looks to me like one of those teams that pops one year with a weak schedule only to return to being bad the next year. Time will tell.

I realize that brady is a great qb but look what that team has done this year. I think it's an incredible job considering the team totally changed their style of play after the season had already begun and they are winning against the better teams.