Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Coach Pants

Kibbles n Bits just signed Vick to a multi-year endorsement deal.

LOL I'm just kidding, dawg.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Comparing Vick to these guys is ridiculous.

Vick=Bobby Douglas.

MUCH bettah comparison.
Douglass---16-36-1
Vick--39-28-1 (postseason 2-2)

I think they're both ridiculous. But Vick is farther ahead of Douglass than he is behind Young.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Operator View Post
Not comparing Mike to anyone, Mort

Just shooting down the claim that mobile qbs don't get rings
He's not a mobile QB. He is a running QB who is an inaccurate passer, there is a big difference.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
Douglass---16-36-1
Vick--39-28-1 (postseason 2-2)

I think they're both ridiculous. But Vick is farther ahead of Douglass than he is behind Young.

Just comparing their qb to running ratios.

Douglass' Bears teams were awful.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Kibbles n Bits just signed Vick to a multi-year endorsement deal.

LOL I'm just kidding, dawg.

!!OOOOOOOOOO!!
Old 09-24-2010, 06:52 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Now I know you didn't watch the game. Blitz after blitz? Really? If they were blitzing so much, wouldn't more than one of the five Detroit sacks or three of the 11 QB hits have been from a non-defensive lineman? Detroit is hardly a blitzing team.
No especially with a guy like Vick. Vick was making the bandits miss. He was getting hit by the collapsing pressure. But you knew that.

Regardless, either way, despite the protection issues he played superbly.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
And that's what they did. The Lions would be retarded to blitz that often because they literally don't have a soul who can cover man-to-man in the back seven. The front four was creating the pressure throughout the game.

And yes, you guys could have had anybody out there playing quarterback and still won.
Lol

a "zero blitz" is when you throw your safeties in and go all in at the qb. Antitrust is saying that Detroit was indeed blitzing. It doesn't seem like you picked up on that. Reid was also commenting on it after the game.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

We clearly define "blitz" in so far as applies to NFL terms complete differently. In my world, "blitz" means the defending team is bringing linebackers/safeties/cornerbacks in on the rush in an attempt to outnumber the offensive team's blockers and stop a running back or quarterback behind the line of scrimmage or force the quarterback to make an inaccurate throw. If that is the standard definition of "blitz" in football parlance, then the Lions did very little of that last Sunday. Period. End of story. The Lions statistically were one of the three or four least likely to blitz teams in the entire NFL last season, and last I checked, they still employ the same defensive coordinator.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
We clearly define "blitz" in so far as applies to NFL terms complete differently. In my world, "blitz" means the defending team is bringing linebackers/safeties/cornerbacks in on the rush in an attempt to outnumber the offensive team's blockers and stop a running back or quarterback behind the line of scrimmage or force the quarterback to make an inaccurate throw. If that is the standard definition of "blitz" in football parlance, then the Lions did very little of that last Sunday. Period. End of story. The Lions statistically were one of the three or four least likely to blitz teams in the entire NFL last season, and last I checked, they still employ the same defensive coordinator.
LOL

Maybe you should explain to Andy Reid what a "blitz" is in NFL parlance. I don't know about last season, but he seems to think that Detroit was "blitzing" as well.

http://eaglesmix.com/2010/09/reid-ha...k-and-win.html

From his news conference which was quoted in article:

On the pass protection being a physical or mental issue:

They came out and obviously they blitzed. There were a few times they went zero blitz and there were more than you could pick up there. Mike did a good job of getting the ball out of there. Other times we had some breakdowns. I think it is a matter of guys playing and getting the reps. I think that is very important right now. Every game helps you become a better offensive line and by guys playing together.”
Old 09-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

What does that prove? Every NFL team has blitz packages and invariably uses them during the game. The Lions do so a lot less often than other teams, and that was the case last Sunday.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
What does that prove? Every NFL team has blitz packages and invariably uses them during the game. The Lions do so a lot less often than other teams, and that was the case last Sunday.

I guess maybe you need to explain to everyone else that Detroit wasn't blitzing much on Sunday.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news...-the-line.html

Last week the Lions frequently sent men blitzing up the middle, which often flushed Vick out of the pocket. But he still found a way to be very productive. Credit not only his legs but his arm. Back in his Atlanta days, Vick would immediately take off downfield if he felt pressure. These days, under Reid and Mornhinweg, he looks to pass first, run later.

Another Andy Reid Quote:

It was important. I think they have a very good defensive front. They can rush the passer well. You have to mix that in well and have some balance to keep them off balance since they were blitzing a lot. You saw us pop a couple. We hit them on those zero blitzes and after that there is nothing there but end zone. Just got to make sure you don’t got penalties.”

This is the best one. From a Detroit Columnist:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._0-2_afte.html

"Defensively, the Lions had the perfect game plan to stop Vick: Blitz him like crazy and get to him before he could get to Detroit's secondary. The blueprint was flawless, the execution was not.

"Vick made a couple of great plays. We dialed up some blitzes and we had free runners to him and he got away from guys who were (unblocked),'' Lions coach Jim Schwartz said. "Those are matchups we need to win that he won. And he's won a lot of those in the past. I think we had at least two of those drives, maybe three, where we had our hand on him on third down and weren't able to get him on the ground. Hats off to him and we need to do better.''

Vick, who scrambled only seven times for 37 yards, was far more effective scrambling out of the pocket and then throwing. He completed 21 passes in 34 attempts for 284 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions. Vick was sacked six times but avoided at least another half dozen unblocked blitzers.

"If we didn't blitz, then Vick was roaming around and ended up burning us and making plays in our zone coverage stuff. We had some good blitzes dialed up and weren't able to get him on the ground,'' Schwartz said.

Yeah, why don't you explain to both coaches what the definition of "blitz" is...in NFL parlance.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Suffolk Downs

Default mv notes

smooth stats on #7 played an hour half,ydsp 459 3td 140rush no int pro b numbers.. jags def backs 629wow loks likeeasy day. da coachar needs the d to focus on... dabears on mnf.. allpro sophm c matt after week4 lions could have 10 sss. 3 4big mac go mtom readybreak check ch woodsson rollupweak .cver2 downs goes culter bears all done. the pack tko br err opening game. lovies packing. #4 bayrat bets means beats highsh second relax have abeer getem next wk, turk knows football . goSO elturko
Old 09-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Gulfstream Park

You're the man, turk.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturko View Post
smooth stats on #7 played an hour half,ydsp 459 3td 140rush no int pro b numbers.. jags def backs 629wow loks likeeasy day. da coachar needs the d to focus on... dabears on mnf.. allpro sophm c matt after week4 lions could have 10 sss. 3 4big mac go mtom readybreak check ch woodsson rollupweak .cver2 downs goes culter bears all done. the pack tko br err opening game. lovies packing. #4 bayrat bets means beats highsh second relax have abeer getem next wk, turk knows football . goSO elturko
post of the year, and you're way ahead of crashcar with your grammar
Old 09-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Suffolk Downs

Default bears joke

Lovie s says I only want to beat the packers. Rex gross is undef in lambf... Do you smooth know whats rex qb rating is ? HE blew a 0.8 elturko cio
Old 09-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Flemington

Mike Vick writing a nice comeback story for himself, 118 passer rating so far today. 3 TD's no Interceptions.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Flemington

Now he runs one in from 17 looks like the Va Tech Mike Vick, fresh legs.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Jerome Park

he looks good rock hard but can you please stay far away from the eagles? and phillies & arizona wildcats fyi

thanks
Old 09-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
he looks good rock hard but can you please stay far away from the eagles? and phillies & arizona wildcats fyi

thanks
I been a Zona fan from way back. Miles Simon Mike Bibby days. Phillies cant touch the Yanks. The Eagles cant compete with Green Bay, so its all good my bro.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I been a Zona fan from way back. Miles Simon Mike Bibby days. Phillies cant touch the Yanks. The Eagles cant compete with Green Bay, so its all good my bro.
The Boss just rolled over in his grave...................