Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Suffolk Downs

Default doglover

hey lions all done. pack s arod 400+ next gl.....elturko
Old 09-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Gulfstream Park

Like I said, Mike is ready to step up and lead this offense … but now we'll have to watch KK hearing footsteps in Jax next week…
Old 09-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

For anybody who watched the game, were you really that impressed with Vick? Jackson and McCoy made the game - I'm pretty sure Koy Detmer could have been out here and the score would have been the same. The Lions, quite simply, just can't cover.

From the Lions perspective, Jim Schwartz should use his masters in economics from Georgetown to figure out that if you're down 28-17 with like 12 minutes left, you need both a field goal and a touchdown with a two-point conversion. In other words, don't go for it on 4th and 1 from your own 30 when you have one of the best money kickers of ALL TIME on your team.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Suffolk Downs

Default keypass vic

so... think most Ds are way way ahead of offs . that being case. 6 apple turnovers .byjags. in w c offense its 100w 265 pass. vickster should get most snaps with kk still with his brains scramble. lok for next mnf packs #52 and the pycho 5 . they tko br urrr#54 last year. "ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot"
Old 09-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Gulfstream Park

108 for 7 in his first start in years, slot

If it was my call, he's your starter in Jax next week.

If that hurts KK's feelings … too bad.

You go turk!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Operator View Post
108 for 7 in his first start in years, slot

If it was my call, he's your starter in Jax next week.

If that hurts KK's feelings … too bad.

You go turk!

He gives this team the best chance to win...HANDS DOWN.
Not being a fan of his is fine because of what he did, but just football he is better then KK.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Gulfstream Park

Really a no-brainer, Rock

Not for stubborn Andy tho…
Old 09-19-2010, 09:21 PM

Eagles will never make the playoffs with Vick as a starter. Too one dimensional.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Jerome Park

honestly the team thinks Kolb is the future, and they should let him play to find out if he really is the future. I still have very high hopes for him & expect him to play very well against JAX next weekend.

Vick will still play, he's not a normal 2nd string QB and he'll be out there for 15 plays or so.

If Kolb absolutely blows the next 5-6 games, they should put Vick in their.

One thing that makes Vick standout more than Kolb is that our O-line is just soo soo bad, that you almost need an athlete like Vick back there just to run away from defenders. I'm very afraid that Kolb will just keep taking hit after hit. McNabb should be happy he's out of here, poor guy would probably been killed this year in green.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:30 AM

Did you watch the game yesterday, antitrust? Vick took some SHOTS. Van Den Bosch would be a serial killer or pro wrestler - or both - if he wasn't in the NFL. I'm positive about that.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Did you watch the game yesterday, antitrust? Vick took some SHOTS. Van Den Bosch would be a serial killer or pro wrestler - or both - if he wasn't in the NFL. I'm positive about that.
Vick got hit hard, I know that.

Eagles have given up 12 sacks in first two games.. and 3 of those 4 quarters were with Vick so he's been sacked a lot.

Imagine if Kolb was in there? Nobody has Vicks legs, poor Kolb might get a brain injury before his career even begins.

Wouldnt be completely surprised if both Kolb & Vick get injured this season.

Our O-line is the worst ever. Andy Reid would be better off in pads on the line than on the sidelines.

Couple that with the inability to stop the run, its going to be a long, terrible season.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:24 AM

I have lots of friends who are Eagles fans, but one of them in particular emailed me with this gem last night, knowing that I am a fan of the Lions:

I really, truly believed the Eagles were going to lose. I'd say they were equally awful. It's been a while since the Eagles were this bad; I don't know how you do it week to week as a Lions fan.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
I have lots of friends who are Eagles fans, but one of them in particular emailed me with this gem last night, knowing that I am a fan of the Lions:

I really, truly believed the Eagles were going to lose. I'd say they were equally awful. It's been a while since the Eagles were this bad; I don't know how you do it week to week as a Lions fan.
LOL. as sad as it is I was almost hoping the Lions would pull it off... just cause the Eagles deserved it.

I mean 32 points to a team that has won 2 times in 2 years with a 2nd string QB? and giving up 15 points at the end? Its almost like they were trying to throw the game.

Does the prevent defense every really prevent anything? I think it just prevents you from winning the game. hate the stupid prevent defense. Ok so we wont give up an 80 yard bomb for a TD.. but we'll let you get 4 20 yard passes for a TD

I feel for you, really do.. you guys will be okay in a few years, have some really solid young pieces.

Eagles & Lions will be in the same boat this year.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
Vick got hit hard, I know that.

Eagles have given up 12 sacks in first two games.. and 3 of those 4 quarters were with Vick so he's been sacked a lot.

Imagine if Kolb was in there? Nobody has Vicks legs, poor Kolb might get a brain injury before his career even begins.

Wouldnt be completely surprised if both Kolb & Vick get injured this season.

Our O-line is the worst ever. Andy Reid would be better off in pads on the line than on the sidelines.

Couple that with the inability to stop the run, its going to be a long, terrible season.
I think it's a lttle early to say that. There just doesn't seem to be a dominate team in the NFC east this year.

Dallas looks like ass at 0-2 with another tough game next week.
Giants were dismantled last night.
Washington is better but they still have a ways to go
Then there the Eagles who seem to be on or slightly above par with the rest of the division.
It looks like everyone could score points, it will come down to whoever finds their defense first.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:40 AM

Lions are 3-42 in their last 45. Meanwhile, the Rams have lost 27 of 28. Those are two pretty awful franchises right now.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I think it's a lttle early to say that. There just doesn't seem to be a dominate team in the NFC east this year.

Dallas looks like ass at 0-2 with another tough game next week.
Giants were dismantled last night.
Washington is better but they still have a ways to go
Then there the Eagles who seem to be on or slightly above par with the rest of the division.
It looks like everyone could score points, it will come down to whoever finds their defense first.
I expect our defense to be much better when Stew Bradley returns. He's one of the best MLB's in the league and the difference between him and Omar Gaither is like the difference between Bama and Del Val College.

But one man cant do it all by himself. Been extremely impressed by our two rookies (nate allen, safety.. 2 picks in 2 starts - Brandon Graham had a sack and tackle for loss yesterday, and after he strained his shoulder our D stopped getting any pass rush) Of course Trent Cole is trent cole..

but thats about it.

Its embarrassing to watch teams run all over us like that. If its happening the first 2 games of season.. teams will run on us for the rest of the season.

The only positive, like you say, is the NFC east sucks and its overrated, Eagles only shot is they play in a shitty division.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Jerome Park

and teams also figured out that all you need to do is throw a little screen pass and have the RB run in the direction of Asante Samuel & you will pick up lots of yards.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Hialeah Park

I prefer giving Kolb his due chance (when fully healthy) over just throwing the keys to the car over to Vick. No doubt that Vick brings a different element to the game though.

One FACT from yesterday. Had KK been iin there for the play that the Lions D-End (i think) had an unabated rush at Vick, we'd STILL be scraping pieces of KK up off the turf. how Vick sensed the pressure and evaded it with the spin move is beyond me. One of those plays that no other shot-caller in the game could've pulled off. Anyone saying otherwise is on dogfood.

that said, our defense made Jahvid Best look like the second coming of Sweetness. They better shore that facet of the game THE **** UP!!!!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Gulfstream Park

Gunna be a LOT of pressure on KK to perform in this one

Better off that it's a road game as those Linc fans probably wouldn't show a lot of patience with him.

Who knows what's going thru the guy's head after getting his bell rung so early and then seeing Mike go out there and play like a mad dog for the last six quarters…
Old 09-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Flemington

Vick is named the starter for Sundays game, breaking news on ESPN.