Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Sheepshead Bay

[quote=johnny pinwheel] only in horse racing can they take a good thing and screw it up. /QUOTE]

Nah, horse racing may be best at it, but others can try, too. Look at the rule changes and "evolving" rules in the NFL. As just one example, pretty soon they'll just tie flags on the quarterbacks and be done with tacking and hitting them altogether.

Then again, I could be wrong--after all, how will they tie a flag on Tom Brady's skirt?
Old 11-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Woodbine

[quote=tector]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny pinwheel
only in horse racing can they take a good thing and screw it up. /QUOTE]

Nah, horse racing may be best at it, but others can try, too. Look at the rule changes and "evolving" rules in the NFL. As just one example, pretty soon they'll just tie flags on the quarterbacks and be done with tacking and hitting them altogether.

Then again, I could be wrong--after all, how will they tie a flag on Tom Brady's skirt?
point well taken. some of the calls in the offensive backfield have been terrible. blocks are called tripping and if you sneeze on the QB, its a flag.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Jerome Park

I'm not going to bet on it but just because I havent been following racing as closely as other years.. never really bet poly more than a couple times with limited success.. I think if it was on the dirt and Rachel was running I'd be more excited and may go to obs. I just dont feel like dropping 50 bucks when the odds are very against me to win. Total crapshoot and I've never even heard of 3/4 of the horses running. I will def. watch though as thats always a good time barring horses breaking down.

Not feeling any of the usual excitement at all for this year. Its a bummer that they had to go to poly two years ago and some of the top horses in the world wont be running. Nothing like the triple crown where I'm waiting, excited all spring for first saturday and the next 5 weeks.