Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-22-2010, 06:26 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudery View Post
Duh Truth---I looked at Rachel's historic 2009 campaign LAST YEAR .

Very spiffy . And deserving of its reward .

For some reason Rachelistas can't get over 2009 a year later . And yes, you did say the topic was Rachel's next race, not last year's races ... Off topic ..

Her campaign this year is somewhat less historic--in particular this faux race coming up .

You can spin that all you want, but this Monmouth endeavor is historic only in its absurdity .

Time to look forward and get the shades of delusion off .

If this campaign was run by any other horse, they would be laughed at for Breeder's Cup potential, and even more so as a potential candidate for HOY .
someone with a realistic outlook. i don't even understand the argument, seeing that i'm not a bandwagon jumper. so, i won't even mention names....just the facts. one horse is doing really well, the other is not. one horse shipped in (oaklawn) ready to run for 5 million......on dirt, the other did not. one horse is knocking down grade 1's, the other is running in some ridiculous set up race. one horse will be at the BC classic...on dirt, if all is well. from the schedule of the other horse....well, i'll believe it when i see it.....its so painfully obvious....its not even funny. i hope the race happens and i get to bet it because if the odds are even close...its free money........lol. i could care less about the rachelist or the zentards.. i care about the reality of who is winning and who is not...when i bet. this is 2010, not 2009....throw last years forms out and its not even close.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
SHe is, for sure... Look in the other thread I called both connections pitiful. I just think at this point, if Z runs in the Classic like they say they will, nothing else really matters.
THIS attitude is terrible for the sport. Is there anything worse than the idea that the only thing that matters is the stupid Breeder's Cup? Every time I hear/read somebody say something Todd Schruppian like this, I get annoyed.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:17 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
Hopefully she's reversed the trend but the confidence that there was last year when Rachel took on her own sex does not exist this year.

That being said, she could probably win the race if they gave those other crows a 70 yd head start.

NT
I really don't think this is fair to actual crows out there, who would provide a much more entertaining race for Rachel on Saturday.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2 View Post
THIS attitude is terrible for the sport. Is there anything worse than the idea that the only thing that matters is the stupid Breeder's Cup? Every time I hear/read somebody say something Todd Schruppian like this, I get annoyed.

it's also not very logical. zenyatta ran in the bcc last year, all it earned her was older mare honors. if it didn't earn hoy last year, why would it this year? and it is a terrible attitude. one race does not a year make.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:24 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
it's also not very logical. zenyatta ran in the bcc last year, all it earned her was older mare honors. if it didn't earn hoy last year, why would it this year? and it is a terrible attitude. one race does not a year make.
Anyone who understands the game knows the above is crap. Last years Classic was on synthetics, this years is on dirt. Last year a lot of the dirt horses ducked it, this year EVERYONE IS POINTING THERE. If she stays undefeated and beats Quality Road in the Classic she is HOY.
I really dont think there is any argument against this.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny pinwheel View Post
....throw last years forms out and no horse is even close to Quality Road.
FTFY
Old 07-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Anyone who understands the game knows the above is crap. Last years Classic was on synthetics, this years is on dirt. Last year a lot of the dirt horses ducked it, this year EVERYONE IS POINTING THERE. If she stays undefeated and beats Quality Road in the Classic she is HOY.
But with the weak schedule she has put up in 2010, they have made it an all or nothing proposition when it comes to HOY. If she had won races like the Hollywood Gold Cup or Pacific Classic, then should might be able to win HOY without winning the BC Classic.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

lol

sure it is. one race isn't enough, i don't care who is running or where. it wasn't enough last year, it shouldn't be enough any year. and no decent dirt horse ducked the bcc other than rachel, who apparently didn't need to show to get top honors.

remind me again, who won hoy when volponi won the classic? who won hoy the second year tiznow won the classic?
Old 07-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
lol

sure it is. one race isn't enough, i don't care who is running or where. it wasn't enough last year, it shouldn't be enough any year. and no decent dirt horse ducked the bcc other than rachel, who apparently didn't need to show to get top honors.

remind me again, who won hoy when volponi won the classic? who won hoy the second year tiznow won the classic?
You keep saying things like one race and lol... I dont understand if its only because your talking to me, or if you are just to stubburn or if you just dont understand. She is winning GRADE 1'S, not listed ungraded Stakes races.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
You keep saying things like one race and lol... I dont understand if its only because your talking to me, or if you are just to stubburn or if you just dont understand. She is winning GRADE 1'S, not listed ungraded Stakes races.
oh, so now there is more to it than just winning the bcc? make up your mind, please. and yes, i am stubborn. but i'm sure you knew that.

and i'm not going to hold my breath waiting for zenyatta to beat qr, blame, et al on dirt. i'm not holding my breath for her to even show up.

this is your comment, is it not:

'I just think at this point, if Z runs in the Classic like they say they will, nothing else really matters'. ??
Old 07-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsixfarms View Post
But with the weak schedule she has put up in 2010, they have made it an all or nothing proposition when it comes to HOY. If she had won races like the Hollywood Gold Cup or Pacific Classic, then should might be able to win HOY without winning the BC Classic.
In a perfect world, I would love Quality Road to win HOY and for Zenyatta to beat him on the square in the classic, IF this did happen, I wonder how many would remember who the HOY was in 2010? BUT how many would remember the race that they both competed in...That is why I have stated multiple times I don't care one bit who wins HOY. It's great for discussion forums and chat rooms but does any sane horseracing fan really care years from now that Curlin or a Point Given were once winners of the award? I know I don't.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC View Post
In a perfect world, I would love Quality Road to win HOY and for Zenyatta to beat him on the square in the classic, IF this did happen, I wonder how many would remember who the HOY was in 2010? BUT how many would remember the race that they both competed in...That is why I have stated multiple times I don't care one bit who wins HOY. It's great for discussion forums and chat rooms but does any sane horseracing fan really care years from now that Curlin or a Point Given were once winners of the award? I know I don't.
But haven't we been lead to believe that the Mosses care about HOY; that's why they "unretired" Zenyatta.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:18 AM

I think lots of people remember who the horse of the year was, at least more so than the winner of the Breeders Cup Classic. I also think you guys still are crazy in thinking Zenyatta's running in the Classic.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsixfarms View Post
But haven't we been lead to believe that the Mosses care about HOY; that's why they "unretired" Zenyatta.
They probably care, just how much I do not know. I do think if I were them, her career legacy is what is more important rather than one singular yearly award. That is why I am willing to give them some rope if they close her career out with races that can be termed as truly challenging.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC View Post
They probably care, just how much I do not know. I do think if I were them, her career legacy is what is more important rather than one singular yearly award. That is why I am willing to give them some rope if they close her career out with races that can be termed as truly challenging.
Come on, man, the entire reason for unretiring her was for HOY/win record purposes. You know this.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Come on, man, the entire reason for unretiring her was for HOY/win record purposes. You know this.
I'm not naive enough to believe it wasn't part of their rationale, however to say winning HOY was the main reason they came back would be hard for anyone to fathom. Perhaps going for an unprecedented 3rd BC title, to prove she can be equally effective on dirt in the Classic and the Apple Blossom, for historical reasons, all are equally contributing factors.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:41 AM

I don't have the time to research it, but I am sure there is some Zenyatta connection quote out there saying they're going for the win record and HOY this season. Yes, going after the freaking Apple Blossom was their reason for unretiring her. Good God almighty.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I think lots of people remember who the horse of the year was, at least more so than the winner of the Breeders Cup Classic. I also think you guys still are crazy in thinking Zenyatta's running in the Classic.
Depends on how "light" it comes up
Old 07-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
I don't have the time to research it, but I am sure there is some Zenyatta connection quote out there saying they're going for the win record and HOY this season. Yes, going after the freaking Apple Blossom was their reason for unretiring her. Good God almighty.
That's taking it out of context, and furthermore if we were all to live by quotes in a few select publications, may he(looks at the ceiling) all help us.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:46 AM

Since neither you nor I know anybody in Team Zenyatta, what else are we to go on other than the quotes directly attributed to the people who own the horse? You seriously cannot be serious.