Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-10-2009, 04:12 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
So what would happen here in 12 months or so when Seymour's contract would be up? I can't believe he would be allowed free agency, assuming there isn't a lock out next year. It seems bizarre that the Pats would get the pick if he never showed up in Oakland...
If he refuses to report, the Raiders retain his rights for another year.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
If the Raiders win more than 4 games this year there should be an investigation.
Hello they play Denver & KC ...twice each year !!!!
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Dollar Bill
Hello they play Denver & KC ...twice each year !!!!
They will split at best. Who else do they play that they can beat? Maybe the Jets? Maybe Cincy? Maybe at Cleveland? If they have 7 winnable games, they split 4-3 or 3-4 at best. I dont see them winning any more than that. They may only win 2, at home against Denver and KC.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:22 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
They will split at best. Who else do they play that they can beat? Maybe the Jets? Maybe Cincy? Maybe at Cleveland? If they have 7 winnable games, they split 4-3 or 3-4 at best. I dont see them winning any more than that. They may only win 2, at home against Denver and KC.

Over 4 is looking pretty damn good regardless of how this game with San Diego comes out. It is amazing how well Seymour has played so far even though he will probably have his first practice with the Silver and Black next week. He might have had 3 sacks already in this game if credited with all of them he deserved.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:31 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Over 4 is looking pretty damn good regardless of how this game with San Diego comes out. It is amazing how well Seymour has played so far even though he will probably have his first practice with the Silver and Black next week. He might have had 3 sacks already in this game if credited with all of them he deserved.
A mirage
Old 09-15-2009, 12:03 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
A mirage

Because.....?

They played reasonably well....
Old 09-15-2009, 07:22 PM
The Curragh

If any other mediocre QB plays in that game last night, OAK wins by 10. I am a lifelong Raiders fan, and being an LSU homer, I am telling you that Russell sucked last night big time.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33
If any other mediocre QB plays in that game last night, OAK wins by 10. I am a lifelong Raiders fan, and being an LSU homer, I am telling you that Russell sucked last night big time.
That was as good as it gets with him
Old 09-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Because.....?

They played reasonably well....
Do I have to explain everything???
Old 09-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33
I've been saying Russell sucks for a long time but you can't place any blame on him for Monday night. Not even Peyton Manning would look good with two rookies starting at WR. Russell hit the big deep ball and did a good job of checking down to Zach Miller. He actually showed me more in that game then I thought he ever would.

Raiders will win 8 games this year and could even win 10 with some luck.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Flemington

10?

Thats as crazy as Cannon thinking they might win just 2.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
10?

Thats as crazy as Cannon thinking they might win just 2.
Look at their schedule. They have 2 games they can't win (@NYG, @Pit) and 3 games they are doubtful to win (@SD, @Dal, vs Phil). The rest of their schedule is quite winnable. To have won 10 games they really needed to win Monday night so 9-7 is probably more realistic at this point as their upside but they are not a terrible team and have a schedule that could produce a lot more wins than most people are suggesting.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Look at their schedule. They have 2 games they can't win (@NYG, @Pit) and 3 games they are doubtful to win (@SD, @Dal, vs Phil). The rest of their schedule is quite winnable. To have won 10 games they really needed to win Monday night so 9-7 is probably more realistic at this point as their upside but they are not a terrible team and have a schedule that could produce a lot more wins than most people are suggesting.

you may as well put philly in the cant win category. They are every bit as good as the Giants.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I've been saying Russell sucks for a long time but you can't place any blame on him for Monday night. Not even Peyton Manning would look good with two rookies starting at WR. Russell hit the big deep ball and did a good job of checking down to Zach Miller. He actually showed me more in that game then I thought he ever would.

State empolyees arent supposed to drink during the day
Old 09-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
They were awful on Monday. The only reason they were in the game was SD had 5 turnovers. As it was the Raiders had 4 turnovers, their QB was 12 for 30 with 2 picks. How many NFL teams does that beat? They arent going to create 5 to's every week. SD was embarrasingly bad the other night and won on the road. Oakland will be lucky to win 4 games.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:

Scott,
I'll take under 8 with 8 being a push for any denomination you are comfortable with. Post it here or send me a PM.

Tom
Old 09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Del Mar

I would like some of that action as well sniper. 50 dollars 8 is push and I will take the under.

Do we have a wager?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Hialeah Park

I would think that Russel would be in higher regard here if he didnt have GPK and I as his receivers. Zach Miller is obviously his favorite target, for good reason, but that offense will continue to be inept until they surround him with more legitmate playmakers. I think it's unfair to lump him into the 'he stinks' category just yet. Was he worth that high of a pick? Probably not, but there is no denying that he has talent. His potential would be through the roof if he had half decent receivers on the other end of his ROCKET arm.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
I would think that Russel would be in higher regard here if he didnt have GPK and I as his receivers. Zach Miller is obviously his favorite target, for good reason, but that offense will continue to be inept until they surround him with more legitmate playmakers. I think it's unfair to lump him into the 'he stinks' category just yet. Was he worth that high of a pick? Probably not, but there is no denying that he has talent. His potential would be through the roof if he had half decent receivers on the other end of his ROCKET arm.
History is littered with one dimensional Rocket armed QB's that lacked the necessary tools to be a succesful NFL QB i.e accuracy, descision making, ability to read, etc. The funny part is many have played for the raiders. Vince Evans? Jay Schroeder?

The book is certainly still out on Russell but there are things about him that just make you wonder. He certainly made a nice throw for the go ahead td the other night. At the same time, what NFL QB couldnt make that throw? I guess he gets points for not blowing it and he certainly showed a nice touch.

The question I have with Russell is...what are you hoping he turns into?
Old 09-21-2009, 05:09 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
History is littered with one dimensional Rocket armed QB's that lacked the necessary tools to be a succesful NFL QB i.e accuracy, descision making, ability to read, etc. The funny part is many have played for the raiders. Vince Evans? Jay Schroeder?

The book is certainly still out on Russell but there are things about him that just make you wonder. He certainly made a nice throw for the go ahead td the other night. At the same time, what NFL QB couldnt make that throw? I guess he gets points for not blowing it and he certainly showed a nice touch.

The question I have with Russell is...what are you hoping he turns into?

Shaq...