Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Jerome Park

some of the most cherished memories of my life are games when the Eagles pummelled the Cowbitches
Old 02-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

The problem I have with Cowboys fans is that 99.4 percent of them have no connection whatsoever to the city of Dallas or state of Texas and instead are just a bunch of bandwagoners. See every Dallas fan ever who shows up at an Eagles, Redskins, or Giants game.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
The problem I have with Cowboys fans is that 99.4 percent of them have no connection whatsoever to the city of Dallas or state of Texas and instead are just a bunch of bandwagoners. See every Dallas fan ever who shows up at an Eagles, Redskins, or Giants game.
I think they need to find a new bandwagon as I believe the cowboys have not been to the super bowl in 15 years
Old 02-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Fairgrounds

Dallas Cowgirls. How can they call themselves America's team when they have just one playoff win since 1997. They are the NFL's version of Notre Lame.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Gulfstream Park

Yes, lifelong Cowboy fan is not afraid of the big, bad haters.

1. My mother is third-generation Texan. Her family moved to Louisiana during Depression. My grandfather was the family's original Cowboys fan.
2. While stationed at Barksdale AFB, my military father took to Cowboys through his father-in-law after growing up as St. Louis Cardinals fan.
3. I attended grade schools in Texas, Oklahoma & northwest Louisiana. Each of these areas carried Cowboys games each week.

So you can call us bandwagon riders, make up stats like 99.4 percent, and it doesn't phase me or any other genuine Cowboys fan.

Two of my best friends from high school and college in NW Louisiana, and fellow AF brats, are lifelong Packers and Vikings fans, respectively. The Vikes fan was born in Ohio and lives in Dallas and continues to support his Purple People Eaters. The Packers fan was born in upstate New York and still wears that damn green and mustard yellow garb. Their connections were forged by where their fathers were stationed during grade school years, too.

My prop bet is that Cowboys will win another Super Bowl before Beagles play (and lose) in another one.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylbert View Post
Yes, lifelong Cowboy fan is not afraid of the big, bad haters.

1. My mother is third-generation Texan. Her family moved to Louisiana during Depression. My grandfather was the family's original Cowboys fan.
2. While stationed at Barksdale AFB, my military father took to Cowboys through his father-in-law after growing up as St. Louis Cardinals fan.
3. I attended grade schools in Texas, Oklahoma & northwest Louisiana. Each of these areas carried Cowboys games each week.

So you can call us bandwagon riders, make up stats like 99.4 percent, and it doesn't phase me or any other genuine Cowboys fan.

Two of my best friends from high school and college in NW Louisiana, and fellow AF brats, are lifelong Packers and Vikings fans, respectively. The Vikes fan was born in Ohio and lives in Dallas and continues to support his Purple People Eaters. The Packers fan was born in upstate New York and still wears that damn green and mustard yellow garb. Their connections were forged by where their fathers were stationed during grade school years, too.

My prop bet is that Cowboys will win another Super Bowl before Beagles play (and lose) in another one.
LMAO. One playoff win in fourteen years for the Cowgirls? Eagles have a better chance to play in one before Dallas even wins a conference championship. Im just wondering how much money is Jones going to pay Goodall to have another Super Bowl at his stadium. I hope the NFL and Jones pays dearly to those fans who had tickets and were told that thier seats were in a unsafe area.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Santa Anita

That's easy. Pittsburgh Steeler fans located in northeast Ohio, New York, and Boston. Those are the most annoying fans.