Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar1966 View Post
The partying I have no problem with. The problem I have with the Aints fans is how can they are one of the greatest teams with only one Super Bowl win? I love the masks they were wearing. I got tired of thier fans during Mardi Gras last year.
When did ANY saint fan ever proclaim the Saints to be "one of the greatest teams"? That's the whole point. They are the loveable losers that actually won one. After almost a half a century of frustration, they actually got it done.

I bet a lot of those saints fans would have partied superbowl night whether they had won or lost. Thats what makes them great fans in my opinion.

I like going to a game and taking a picture with a guy wearing a wedding dress and a skeleton mask. I like being hugged and high fived after a kick off.

What could ever be annoying about them? To each their own I guess.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Lots of loveable losers have made their way to the title game the last 10 years: the Bucs, the Saints, and the only franchise that can give the Lions a run for their money for the title of worst franchise in modern NFL history, the Cardinals.

And nobody has a more annoying fan base than the New freaking Orleans Saints.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:44 AM
Del Mar

Saints fans invented wearing the paper bags. Arguably, the most memorable player in their history was a club footed kicker. There has been no franchise more pathetic than the Saints over the years. Some are arguably as bad, but none worse.

To each their own as far as what annoys them. Until you and nascar, I had not seen anybody proclaim saints fans to be extremely annoying. Then again you did say Michael Vick is "one dimensional" and Nascar...welll...lets just say you guys keep each other in good company.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Saints fans invented wearing the paper bags. Arguably, the most memorable player in their history was a club footed kicker. There has been no franchise more pathetic than the Saints over the years. Some are arguably as bad, but none worse.

To each their own as far as what annoys them. Until you and nascar, I had not seen anybody proclaim saints fans to be extremely annoying. Then again you did say Michael Vick is "one dimensional" and Nascar...welll...lets just say you guys keep each other in good company.
You want to associate me with a person who abused dogs that is on you. What annoys me with Saint fans is they feel because they win one Super Bowl they feel they are a great franchise. One Super Bowl win doesn't make a franchise a great one. I had respect for you but I guess that is out of the window. Dempsey was a memorable player. Who could forget the day this individual over came adversity and kicked that memorable 63 yard field goal.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar1966 View Post
You want to associate me with a person who abused dogs that is on you. What annoys me with Saint fans is they feel because they win one Super Bowl they feel they are a great franchise. One Super Bowl win doesn't make a franchise a great one. I had respect for you but I guess that is out of the window. Dempsey was a memorable player. Who could forget the day this individual over came adversity and kicked that memorable 63 yard field goal.
she wasnt comparing you to Mike Vick.. she was comparing you to slotdirt the poster.

Just wanted to clear that up
Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 AM

The Lions have won a single playoff game since 1957. That's the entire Saints existence plus another decade. The Lions haven't had a single quarterback make the Pro Bowl since 1971. Heck, the Lions haven't even made the playoffs since 1999 - The Lions had arguably the best running back in NFL history and managed winning more than 10 games but once - in Barry Sanders third season. So yeah, there are franchises more moribund than the Saints, they just don't put bags on their heads or rip off Cincinnati Bengals fan slogans. And don't get me started on the Cardinals: their utterly pathetic post-Chicago franchise history (six playoff appearances since 1948!!!!) makes the Saints look like the 60's Green Bay Packers. Just because you may have grown up when the Saints stunk, doesn't mean they have the historically awful, well, history of a few other franchises.

And what's with your hard-on for the Saints anyway? Do you want to rub Drew Brees' cute little Gorbachev birthmark or something? Either you're stubborn or you've not bothered to actually take a look at the Saints record since circa 1987, where they've been, relatively speaking, a modestly successful franchise.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
The Lions have won a single playoff game since 1957. That's the entire Saints existence plus another decade. The Lions haven't had a single quarterback make the Pro Bowl since 1971. Heck, the Lions haven't even made the playoffs since 1999 - The Lions had arguably the best running back in NFL history and managed winning more than 10 games but once - in Barry Sanders third season. So yeah, there are franchises more moribund than the Saints, they just don't put bags on their heads or rip off Cincinnati Bengals fan slogans. And don't get me started on the Cardinals: their utterly pathetic post-Chicago franchise history (six playoff appearances since 1948!!!!) makes the Saints look like the 60's Green Bay Packers. Just because you may have grown up when the Saints stunk, doesn't mean they have the historically awful, well, history of a few other franchises.

And what's with your hard-on for the Saints anyway? Do you want to rub Drew Brees' cute little Gorbachev birthmark or something? Either you're stubborn or you've not bothered to actually take a look at the Saints record since circa 1987, where they've been, relatively speaking, a modestly successful franchise.
Bill Munson or Greg Landry?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:43 AM

Greg Landry. How he ever made a Pro Bowl is beyond me.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Santa Anita

Default Favorite Fans

I am a lifelong fan (and shareholder) of the Green Bay Packers. Our family visited friends in Green Bay when I was 6 years old, I saw Lambeau Field (yes, it's been Lambeau Field that long) and I've followed them ever since. I am fortunate that I can occasionally get tickets to their home games, and I fly up every year or two to tailgate, watch the game, tailgate some more and thoroughly enjoy myself. I was there when the Patriots shut out the Packers, and played pickup football with Patriot fans in the parking lot after the game. I was there when the Packers came back from an ugly start to defeat the Seahawks in the snow. And I was there when the Packers handed Favre and the Vikings a defeat in October. The Packer faithful are no fair-weather fans. All the games are sold out. The wait for season tickets takes decades. There is no single owner of the team. Green Bay is the smallest "city" to have an NFL team. Yes, I love being a Packer fan.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6079827
Old 02-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I'd like to see an IQ Test battle between Dimmy and Nascar. It'd be like Ferdinand and Alysheba in the Classic.
Can I be Ferdinand?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Greg Landry. How he ever made a Pro Bowl is beyond me.
They thought they were inviting Tom
Old 02-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Santa Anita

Me. I am my favorite fan. No one comes close!

And I think that will close it out for February for me!! Enjoy.

Never has a mid-season victory been so celebrated by Cavs fans, who were “on their feet!” for the entire overtime period.

Cleveland owns sports misery the way Google owns the internet – yet I’m not at all ashamed of it. It hurts, obviously, and I wish it weren’t so, but knowing this – more importantly, accepting this – further defines Cleveland as one of the most unique and well-defined cities in America. Any pock-cheeked putz can root for teams from a city that wins all the time. To hook your emotional trailer to Cleveland’s teams is to remain faithful to your wife forever, to care for your elderly mother, and to embody every morsel of goodness the human race is capable of.

I am my favorite fan...the best fans are a clear number 1 by a large margin.