Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Idlewild Airport

Default Life Expectancy Declines

This will fix SS in time. I expect declines to be measured in years within a decade.

Based on data from 2008, the latest available, life expectancy in the U.S. fell 36.5 days from 2007 to 77.8 years, according to the report released today. Life expectancy is calculated by taking the death rates from the U.S. population in a specific year and figuring out the average number of years remaining for a person born in 2008.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...port-says.html
Old 12-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
This will fix SS in time. I expect declines to be measured in years within a decade.

Based on data from 2008, the latest available, life expectancy in the U.S. fell 36.5 days from 2007 to 77.8 years, according to the report released today. Life expectancy is calculated by taking the death rates from the U.S. population in a specific year and figuring out the average number of years remaining for a person born in 2008.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...port-says.html
Im sure my lfe expectancy is going to be lower because of all the awesome food and liquid refreshments that I have had over the years in New Orleans. I love the food and liquid refreshments so much that im going there in March next year. I will be paying homage to Bubba Gump's, Pat O'Briens, and the Cat's Meow in March.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar1966 View Post
Im sure my lfe expectancy is going to be lower because of all the awesome food and liquid refreshments that I have had over the years in New Orleans.
Louisiana has the highest obesity rate in the nation I believe.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Keeneland

Todays kids are predicted to live shorter, less healthy lives, and not reach their parents education level or financial success in their lifetimes.

Of course, we have national figures like Sarah Palin dissing the First Lady's attempts to fight childhood obesity. Placing politics over our children's health. Reversing that type of meme would be a good start.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 12-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Todays kids are predicted to live shorter, less healthy lives, and not reach their parents education level or financial success in their lifetimes.

Of course, we have national figures like Sarah Palin dissing the First Lady's attempts to fight childhood obesity. Placing politics over our children's health. Reversing that type of meme would be a good start.
Democrats die sooner too.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:

There you go again!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Coach Pants

Nerd chicks always hate on the dumb, hot chicks. It's in her DNA.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Riot is a woman? I really didn't know that.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Riot is a woman? I really didn't know that.
I think it is. Doctuh Beff.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan View Post
There you go again!
There has been plenty of press discussing both those things recently. Didn't think it was controversial!l

Here's one (there are many) on the decline of the middle class http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mid...can-2010-09-17

I'll find the ones about todays kids not being able to go to, afford college.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 12-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
There has been plenty of press discussing both those things recently. Didn't think it was controversial!l

Here's one (there are many) on the decline of the middle class http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mid...can-2010-09-17

I'll find the ones about todays kids not being able to go to, afford college.
B/c college is a big ****ing bubble economy.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Nerd chicks laugh at dumb chicks, especially dumb chicks that pretend to being accomplished but are clearly dumber than a rock.

Only guys care if they are hot. And maybe Antitrust.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Nerd chicks laugh at dumb chicks, especially dumb chicks that pretend to being accomplished but are clearly dumber than a rock.

The best is when you find someone who is attractive and bright. Usually conservative.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
B/c college is a big ****ing bubble economy.
Some newspaper article said that, for the cost of the tax cuts to the rich, we could pay 4-years college tuition in full for half the students now in college.

Meanwhile today:

Quote:
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Another 17 U.S. billionaires, including Facebook co-founders Mark Zuckerberg and Dustin Moskovitz, have pledged to give away at least half their fortunes in a philanthropic campaign led by Warren Buffett and Bill Gates.

A total of 57 billionaires now have joined The Giving Pledge, which was launched by Microsoft founder Gates and investor Buffett in June. The campaign announced the new pledges in a statement late on Wednesday.

Gates, his wife Melinda, and Buffett have asked U.S. billionaires to give away at least half their wealth during their lifetime or after their death, and to publicly state their intention with a letter explaining their decision.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
The best is when you find someone who is attractive and bright. Usually conservative.
Ann Coulter?
Dana Perino?
Barbara Bush?
Liz Cheney! (gay)
Old 12-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:

the only thing that I care about when it comes to Palin is her looks.

she is definatly dumber than a rock and I would only ever want to meet her if she just had her jaw sewed shut and was naked.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Some newspaper article said that, for the cost of the tax cuts to the rich, we could pay 4-years college tuition in full for half the students now in college.

Meanwhile today:
You don't need to go to college. The idea that college is for everyone is a complete lie and has left kids graduating with no hope for a job and tons of debt. Get the **** out of here with your nonsense.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Ann Coulter?
Dana Perino?
Barbara Bush?
Liz Cheney! (gay)
i'm pretty sure Meghan McCain would be "open minded". she's a catch.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
You don't need to go to college. The idea that college is for everyone is a complete lie and has left kids graduating with no hope for a job and tons of debt. Get the **** out of here with your nonsense.
I see the assumption train has left the station in a huff.

I don't think everyone should attend college. Many shouldn't. Even those that want to are probably better off to take 1-2 years of undergrad, then take a year or two off and think about their future before spending the money to complete what they want to do as a career if they need to (if they want to go back)

That has nothing to do with where we, as a nation, put our financial priorities, or our perception of what things cost. We could do better on our health, as a nation.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
the only thing that I care about when it comes to Palin is her looks.

she is definatly dumber than a rock and I would only ever want to meet her if she just had her jaw sewed shut and was naked.
Ewwww ! Don't lower yourself!

I thought McCain was gay, too? Maybe not. She's smart, though: "The Republican Party seemed "to have lost its way in the last ten years", "the conservative movement seemed "hell-bent on restricting our freedoms rather than expanding them". You go, girl. You know how it used to be - heck, you've watched your father change into something else entirely.