Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan View Post
I don't care if Saban has a month to prepare, he still makes mistakes and he did last night. His clock management to end the first half was piss poor. Brian Kelly is no slouch and he will do just fine with a month to prepare as well. Like many people, I'm sick of the SEC. I'm sick of hearing Florida fans, Georgia fans, and LSU fans say roll tide or SEC SEC SEC as they root for one of their rivals. I don't care what conference your in or not in, you will never hear me root for michigan or USC.
yeah, we don't all do that. i don't care for some of the other teams in the conference, and don't get why some pull for any sec team over others. to me that would be akin to pulling for dallas or ny if the skins get in to the playoffs. i would never do that. hate those other teams.

the upcoming game is a dud for me now. don't care for either team. don't care who wins.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Maybe because I'm not a huge college football I don't really get this...but it seems odd.

I'm a NY Jets fan. I root for the Jets and whoever is playing the Patriots. I would NEVER, under any circumstance root for the Patriots.
exactly!
i remember years ago dallas was playing their last game of the season. if they won, the skins went to the playoffs. if they lost, the skins were out of the postseason. still couldn't say 'go dallas'. it is impossible for me.
i enjoy college football, but don't necessarily have a rooting interest. matter of fact, i enjoy a game more if i don't have one-you appreciate good plays even more.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:18 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
yeah, we don't all do that. i don't care for some of the other teams in the conference, and don't get why some pull for any sec team over others. to me that would be akin to pulling for dallas or ny if the skins get in to the playoffs. i would never do that. hate those other teams.

the upcoming game is a dud for me now. don't care for either team. don't care who wins.
This might be the only post from you under this thread I can appreciate. My SEC friends on Facebook had me believing that everyone in the south just cares about the conference whether or not it's their team playing or not. One guy said "I'm a Georgia fan but if they lose to Bama then I hope Bama crushed ND in the title game, that's just how we do it in the south. SEC SEC SEC"
Old 12-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
And I'm not calling u a dick, just the way you said that kind of comes off like that lol
You were right, I am a di.ck. And I'm mostly just busting your balls.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:30 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

well the dogs had a great game..i cant stand sabin or alabama..but credit where due..nd will have a long day stopping the run..if not for a few fluke plays..bama would have won by much more..i hope nd makes a game of it..and if they are contending..look for the cheap shot to the qb when they arent looking..lol
Old 12-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
well the dogs had a great game..i cant stand sabin or alabama..but credit where due..nd will have a long day stopping the run..if not for a few fluke plays..bama would have won by much more..i hope nd makes a game of it..and if they are contending..look for the cheap shot to the qb when they arent looking..lol
bama player certainly got away with a cheap shot on the ga qb yesterday. if that guy was an nfler, he'd be fined for that.

i don't want nick to get another ring.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
This might be the only post from you under this thread I can appreciate. My SEC friends on Facebook had me believing that everyone in the south just cares about the conference whether or not it's their team playing or not. One guy said "I'm a Georgia fan but if they lose to Bama then I hope Bama crushed ND in the title game, that's just how we do it in the south. SEC SEC SEC"
yeah, that's generally what happens when you think 'every' one does anything. certainly not the case in this house, with me or my husband. and there are others as well.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Sha Tin

The whole SEC conference rooting thing has me baffled. Would Ohio State fans ever root for Michigan? Would North Carolina fans root for Duke? I always thought that the rule is you rooted for your team, for whoever plays your rivals and that everyone roots against Notre Dame football and Duke basketball.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
The whole SEC conference rooting thing has me baffled. Would Ohio State fans ever root for Michigan? Would North Carolina fans root for Duke? I always thought that the rule is you rooted for your team, for whoever plays your rivals and that everyone roots against Notre Dame football and Duke basketball.
has me baffled too. i confront people all the time about it. makes no sense. i have people telling me that they'll root for lsu until they play arkansas. it's puzzling for sure. i never root for arkansas. i was pulling for michigan when they played bama. why would i want bama to win? i want my team to win the sec west!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. I've never understood it. If I was a Georgia fan, I'd root for anybody but Alabama.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Cahokia Downs

I'll be rooting for ND in January.

However, I also believe we may have watched the best game of the year yesterday. That was football.

War Eagle.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Delaware Park

You guys don't get the fans of the SEC. Sorry about that. We root for and cheer for SEC teams who play anyone but our favorite team.

I am not an LSU fan, but I will be right there rooting for them on if they are playing anyone except Alabama. Same for Auburn or any other SEC team.

May be foreign to those outside the conference. When you grow up in that atmosphere, you ALWAYS want an SEC team to win.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theatrical View Post
You guys don't get the fans of the SEC. Sorry about that. We root for and cheer for SEC teams who play anyone but our favorite team.

I am not an LSU fan, but I will be right there rooting for them on if they are playing anyone except Alabama. Same for Auburn or any other SEC team.

May be foreign to those outside the conference. When you grow up in that atmosphere, you ALWAYS want an SEC team to win.
i'm 'in' the conference as an lsu fan, and that mindset is foreign to me. but then, i'd never been aware that there were 'conference' fans. thought it was team fans.....
Old 12-03-2012, 12:15 AM
The Curragh

Thoughts on this shirt I just bought lol
http://sportscrack.com/tees_catholicsvscousins.html
Old 12-03-2012, 05:06 AM
Morris Park

Notre Dame is +9
Old 12-03-2012, 06:00 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Thoughts on this shirt I just bought lol
http://sportscrack.com/tees_catholicsvscousins.html
A bunch of elitist crap.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
. I'm sick of hearing Florida fans, Georgia fans, and LSU fans say roll tide or SEC SEC SEC as they root for one of their rivals. I don't care what conference your in or not in, you will never hear me root for michigan or USC.
EXACTLY!!!!

Its nonsense. I would NEVER root for ASU or USC.

I do root for the Gators in the SEC, but besides that team, they can all suck it. The whole "cheer for your rivals' thing disgusts me as a sports fan, and causes me to lose respect for SEC fans.

I guess I should root for the Cowboys, Giants and Skins this year since the Eagles sucks.. yeah fucl<ing right.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
EXACTLY!!!!

Its nonsense. I would NEVER root for ASU or USC.

I do root for the Gators in the SEC, but besides that team, they can all suck it. The whole "cheer for your rivals' thing disgusts me as a sports fan, and causes me to lose respect for SEC fans.

I guess I should root for the Cowboys, Giants and Skins this year since the Eagles sucks.. yeah fucl<ing right.
ND is a unique situatiion because if I was an SEC fan...and I'm obviously not...then I might have to root for an SEC team because, after all, they are playing ND
Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
A bunch of elitist crap.
Exactly!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post

Well I know the Kentucky has to pull them, how else are they going to get help fund a new football stadium and facilities.

Calipari's ridiculous offers are only good enough for basketball team