Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
If they commit to it, then there's no reason for Zenyatta not to come. Hell, it's 10 furlongs, which all the Zentards have repeatedly said RA couldn't last against Big Z.
I would rather Zenyatta NOT come. I am looking forward to betting against Rachel in that race.

I think she looked like crap Saturday.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
I would rather Zenyatta NOT come. I am looking forward to betting against Rachel in that race.

This is good thought, I would actually be inclinded to bet against Todds horse, who continues to get soft leads, or catch speed favoring tracks.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
This is good thought, I would actually be inclinded to bet against Todds horse, who continues to get soft leads, or catch speed favoring tracks.
Its GREAT thought. When are you getting your own website Mr. "13/1 with LOVE attached to it"
Old 07-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
I really hope she runs in the Personal Ensign.
Maybe Jackson will insist it be shortened to 9 furlongs to accomodate Rach, you know par for the course, then we might have a shot of it happening.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Its GREAT thought. When are you getting your own website Mr. "13/1 with LOVE attached to it"

Soon
Old 07-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:

Thanks for letting me know.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2 View Post
Perhaps people could divide into the Blind Luck "camp," and the Devil May Care "camp" and argue about those two for awhile. It probably isn't worth arguing about, but at least that would be something different.

I'm utterly bored with the big two and their completely unexciting 2010 campaigns.

it really is a shame...too much talk about rachel and her effort, but nothing mentioned about devil may care, who i thought looked terrific yesterday.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Oaklawn

My thoughts on the two have been clear... Rachel Alexandra was HOTY last year hands down. Zenyatta's lack of travel this year is as disappointing to me as her lack of a HOTY trophy was for her fans in January.

This all said... unless Steve A. is working some funky new training regime, Rachel Alexandra does not appear nearly as fast as she was last year. Does the Rachel of last spring/summer only win the Lady's Secret by a few lengths? No way. Hopefully I'm wrong though.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:55 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
it really is a shame...too much talk about rachel and her effort, but nothing mentioned about devil may care, who i thought looked terrific yesterday.
But can Devil May Care dance before the race like Zenyatta?!?
Old 07-26-2010, 06:22 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Stone View Post
My thoughts on the two have been clear... Rachel Alexandra was HOTY last year hands down. Zenyatta's lack of travel this year is as disappointing to me as her lack of a HOTY trophy was for her fans in January.

This all said... unless Steve A. is working some funky new training regime, Rachel Alexandra does not appear nearly as fast as she was last year. Does the Rachel of last spring/summer only win the Lady's Secret by a few lengths? No way. Hopefully I'm wrong though.
visually her races haven't been up to last years par. but last year was a remarkable year for her-any horse probably would have a tough time duplicating the efforts she put forth last year.

neither is having a banner year compared to last year. lack of travel for the one, lack of stout competition; lack of 'wow' for the other....leaves much to be desired from both.

Quote:
But can Devil May Care dance before the race like Zenyatta?!?
probably not! poor horse....
Old 07-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC View Post
Correction, one owner didn't, that we do know.
You, Riot & Booth are all so similar. Are you guys the same person who use different username's?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:

good luck with that.

ever try to run far in 100 degree heat? You might not run the way you do normally.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I don't know, she won by three in a handride and got a 105 Beyer in 100 plus degree heat. How badly did she really run? Granted, those were a bunch of tomato cans out there, but it's not like the thing was in doubt.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
You, Riot & Booth are all so similar. Are you guys the same person who use different username's?
Quote:
I think you are mistaken Antitrust, I don't know if you have noticed lately but I rarely mention Rachel in Zenyatta conversations of late; however I do notice it is one of the favorite past times of the Rachelites here. I don't know why you would say I am doing a Riot(excuse me I've seen the name but who is this poster?) and SO who does his thing here, which in my opinion is a healthy balance to the fanclub that once was so bullish a year ago. Fact is I've moved on, I corrected Danzig when she said both didn't seem to want to meet, when infact Moss shipped in to the Apple Blossom and Jackson backed out. This is a fact, you know this, I don't see why you would infer it is not true. Furthermore Jess knows where to find Moss later this year, the ball is in his vacillating court.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I think you are mistaken Antitrust, I don't know if you have noticed lately but I rarely mention Rachel in Zenyatta conversations of late; however I do notice it is one of the favorite past times of the Rachelites here. I don't know why you would say I am doing a Riot(excuse me I've seen the name but who is this poster?) and SO who does his thing here, which in my opinion is a healthy balance to the fanclub that once was so bullish a year ago. Fact is I've moved on, I corrected Danzig when she said both didn't seem to want to meet, when infact Moss shipped in to the Apple Blossom and Jackson backed out. This is a fact, you know this, I don't see why you would infer it is not true. Furthermore Jess knows where to find Moss later this year, the ball is in his vacillating court.
I think its pretty obvious that both owners are sissies.

And you are a much better poster than Riot, sorry for that. (got to check out politics to find out about her brilliance)
Old 07-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
good luck with that.

ever try to run far in 100 degree heat? You might not run the way you do normally.
Ever try and run period, let alone 100 degree heat.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Goodwood

Riot easily outdistances Smooth Operator and CSC as worst posters here.

Actually, CSC is ok. Just misguided.

I'm still uncertain just how serious Smooth Operator is.

Riot, there is not a single good thing to say about her.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
lol
yeah, you corrected me...i know full well about the apple blossom, i also know it wasn't the one race last year or this in which they could have faced off. i know that anyone who wants to consider themselves knowledgeable about horse racing wouldn't go on and on about rachel 'backing out' of that race. anyone who follows this sport understands exactly why she didn't run, that she was up against it to make the race at all, regardless of competition, and that jess jackson showed himself to be none too smart regarding horses when he aimed for the race! it was an almost impossible undertaking, yet you and two others on here continue to believe that there were dark, sinister forces at work there-when in fact it was all about a horse who had been on the shelf for months, and could in no way be ready for the needed effort after that layoff. jess jackson was an idiot for even making the attempt. the mosses have been no more keen to take on stiff competition this year than jackson. zenyattas races prove that just as much as rachels.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
lol
i know that anyone who wants to consider themselves knowledgeable about horse racing wouldn't go on and on about rachel 'backing out' of that race. anyone who follows this sport understands exactly why she didn't run, that she was up against it to make the race at all
Old 07-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
lol
yeah, you corrected me...i know full well about the apple blossom, i also know it wasn't the one race last year or this in which they could have faced off. i know that anyone who wants to consider themselves knowledgeable about horse racing wouldn't go on and on about rachel 'backing out' of that race. anyone who follows this sport understands exactly why she didn't run, that she was up against it to make the race at all, regardless of competition, and that jess jackson showed himself to be none too smart regarding horses when he aimed for the race! it was an almost impossible undertaking, yet you and two others on here continue to believe that there were dark, sinister forces at work there-when in fact it was all about a horse who had been on the shelf for months, and could in no way be ready for the needed effort after that layoff. jess jackson was an idiot for even making the attempt. the mosses have been no more keen to take on stiff competition this year than jackson. zenyattas races prove that just as much as rachels.
Conditions were agreed upon, race was moved back to accomodate Jess, tell me had they moved it back 3 months would it have made a difference with what we are seeing of her today? Logic seems to escape her fanclub.