Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Santa Anita

Default XM 243 / Sirius 126 -- wrestling and mma?

Steve,

The last two days when I get in the car before your show comes on, I've been hearing about wrestling and mixed martial arts instead of the usual TVG audio feed.

Any idea what's going on? I thought our channel was going to be all racing now.

Joe
Old 03-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Steve Byk

I don't know... I'll ask NY.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:04 AM
Santa Anita

It's definitely not a mistake. They actually advertised that they will be on XM 243 and Sirius 126 every Monday and Wednesday from 2-4. It was so inane and mind-numbing -- talk about what should happen in professional wrestling. And the fans were clamoring for a "third hour" -- head's up Steve.

Not to be negative, but does Sirius and XM really think that our sport is down at the level of the pseudo-sport of "professional" wrestling?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:28 AM
Santa Anita

Here's a link to a site that tracks what's displayed on Sirius radio using a database.

I customized the link for the 2-4pm hours.

http://www.dogstarradio.com/search_p...our=4&eampm=PM

The two shows are apparently called "Busted Open" and "Sirius/XM Fight Club"
Old 03-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Goodwood

Just when I was getting used to TVG being there from 12-4.....

I missed the Tampa 8th yesterday because I was in my vehicle, turned on the radio and heard wrestling talk....

Old 03-05-2010, 08:42 AM
The Curragh

As much I am not a huge TVG fan, it was really nice to be able to hear some live races in the car.

I saw that "Busted Open" on my display yesterday during ATR, thought Steve was making a name change...
Old 03-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
Just when I was getting used to TVG being there from 12-4.....

I missed the Tampa 8th yesterday because I was in my vehicle, turned on the radio and heard wrestling talk....

I'm getting a little worried. You know how execs do things like this. Are we losing our exclusivity on XM 243 / Sirius 126? Or do you guys think they will move us to another channel (again)?
Old 03-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydb
It's definitely not a mistake. They actually advertised that they will be on XM 243 and Sirius 126 every Monday and Wednesday from 2-4. It was so inane and mind-numbing -- talk about what should happen in professional wrestling. And the fans were clamoring for a "third hour" -- head's up Steve.

Not to be negative, but does Sirius and XM really think that our sport is down at the level of the pseudo-sport of "professional" wrestling?

Our sport isnt even 1/10th as popular as professional "fake" wrestling unfortunately.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Monmouth Park

All of us DT'ers who are in the car 8 to 10 hours a day and just got used to listening to live race on the radio need to shoot some e-mails to sirius / xm to pitch a bitch. Stand together people, we do not want to lose Steve.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Santa Anita

The wrestling guys were back again this week. :-(
Old 03-09-2010, 06:34 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydb
The wrestling guys were back again this week. :-(
TVG was on last night for some reason with voices I had never heard before. It is all about ratings. These simpletons would play replays of a rain delay if people listened....
Old 03-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Fairgrounds

XM and Sirius could care less about us followers of this great game of ours. If it isnt wrestling then its basketball. With all the conference tournaments and NCAA tournament games getting ready to be played its not going to get any better. Im almost to the point of telling Sirius where to go. I have called three times to get something fixed and tell me im crazy.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Flemington

Was driving all day on Monday, so I played some races at Philly to pass the time. They were loading in the gate for the last leg of the early pick 3 and WHAM! They switched to WWF and I was like WTF! Had to turn on my laptop and watch the races while driving, putting myself and everyone near me in danger! Get it together Siri., come on!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Santa Anita

It was obviously because horseplayers and wrestling fans have so much in common...

It's absurd to have wrestling, fighting or car racing take two prime hours of the time on the horse racing channel.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse
Was driving all day on Monday, so I played some races at Philly to pass the time. They were loading in the gate for the last leg of the early pick 3 and WHAM! They switched to WWF and I was like WTF! Had to turn on my laptop and watch the races while driving, putting myself and everyone near me in danger! Get it together Siri., come on!
I have done that many times. I can't get the sound loud enough on my laptop to overcome the sounds of driving though.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
I have done that many times. I can't get the sound loud enough on my laptop to overcome the sounds of driving though.
glad I'm not the only one. sound is a problem. when I got home the other day and turned my computer on again, it was so loud it scared the crap out of me.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Santa Anita

Yay, "Busted Open" on air again...
Old 03-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Golden Gate

I find Matt Carothers on 58 Flat to be very entertaining while driving (much more entertaining than Rich Perloff, Greg Wolf, or Mr. B). At least this wresting talk show is on days when 58 Flat is not scheduled (although Matt Carothers was on TVG yesterday before being cutoff by this wresting show).
Old 03-12-2010, 08:37 AM
Santa Anita

Ironic -- isn't one of the wrestling moves to hit an opponent with a chair when he's not looking? As a listener, that's what I feel is happening to us everytime the wrestling show pre-empts race coverage.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbahadur
I find Matt Carothers on 58 Flat to be very entertaining while driving (much more entertaining than Rich Perloff, Greg Wolf, or Mr. B). At least this wresting talk show is on days when 58 Flat is not scheduled (although Matt Carothers was on TVG yesterday before being cutoff by this wresting show).
The MMA show was on at 2:00pm today (Friday) instead of 58 Flat. How can they not aire Carothers? You may not like his picks but there is no doubt that he is entertaining to listen to on the radio.