Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Idlewild Airport

Time for an avatar change Doug. Getting stale, like your threads.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
how does Moss fit in on the Eagles?

DJax is our down the field threat.

Maclin is the ****.

Avant is our slot guy & we have Riley Cooper as our #4. As much as I love Avant and Coop... I'd take Moss over them... but Moss isnt going to want to go to a team and be the #3 slot reciever...
The Eagles made the biggest run for Moss in 2008. They offered way more than the Pats did. More money and an extra year.

He's not going to be a slot receiver for the Eagles - obviously.

Vick throws the deep ball well - and his ability to scramble will make him deadly with Moss. Jackson would have a similar role that Dante Stallworth had on the '07 Pats .. but obviously he's a lot more dangerous.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
Sanchez threw 6 INT's against them in a single game when they beat the Jets in the Meadowlands last year.

The Bills went 6-10 last year with an offense that couldn't move the ball worth a sh!t.
Wow one whoopie-doo of a game. They still gave up 300 yds of rushing on defense that game. If they had a better run-defense, they would had won the game 13-0. It doesn't change the fact that they fought to be the 2nd worst team in the league to stop the run and a another good reason they were 6-10.

Last edited by Crown@club : 09-29-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Flemington

Buffalo's defense was rated 27th against the run - the Super Bowl champion Saints defense was rated 29th.

Any way - if the Bills defense sucks so bad - hammer the Jets and over 36 like every square in the world will.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Buffalo's defense was rated 27th against the run - the Super Bowl champion Saints defense was rated 29th.

Any way - if the Bills defense sucks so bad - hammer the Jets and over 36 like every square in the world will.
Umm New Orleans was 21st and gave up over 30 yds less the Bills did last year.
Buffalo 30th.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
Umm New Orleans was 21st and gave up over 30 yds less the Bills did last year.
Buffalo 30th.
I use the ones A-Team has sold me on as being smart.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef2009

Not the tarded up stats.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
The Eagles made the biggest run for Moss in 2008. They offered way more than the Pats did. More money and an extra year.

He's not going to be a slot receiver for the Eagles - obviously.

Vick throws the deep ball well - and his ability to scramble will make him deadly with Moss. Jackson would have a similar role that Dante Stallworth had on the '07 Pats .. but obviously he's a lot more dangerous.
Since 2008 we've added two of the top young receivers in the game... though Djax is way ahead of Maclin at this point.

I'd stick with Jackson ahead of Moss at this point in time. There are very few recievers I'd want before DJax right now. Dude is averaging 24.5 yards a catch!!!

I highly doubt Moss is with the Eagles next year. Though we'll take that O-linemen of yours that is sitting out.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Coach Pants

DickJax
Old 09-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
DickJax
He's so awesome I'd even think about Jaxing it for him.

probably not though.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Sanchez threw 6 INT's against them in a single game when they beat the Jets in the Meadowlands last year.

The Bills went 6-10 last year with an offense that couldn't move the ball worth a sh!t.
And that exact same offense ran up 30 on the Pats' defense.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
This is Randy's last season. On any team. No one is going to meet his demands and he won't play for less.
Interesting thought... I think he stays with the Pats when it's all said and done.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I hope someone took DrugS's betting advice on the over because, as it turns out, Buffalo's defense really does suck.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Flemington

Yeah, New England's gone over in all 3 games so far this year.

In a way - you could probably see it coming ...

NE's defense lost two supposedly key starters in Bodden and Warren to start the season...

On top of that they have the great Vince Wilfork in the middle to stuff the run in run situations ... and they have a rookie starting at left corner and a revolving door at right corner that includes two guys that can't cover worth a piss .. and another .. Terrence Wheatley, who may be the best of the three, but he's been out with a foot injury each of the first 3 weeks.

Basically, you have a Randy Moss offense.

You have a defense that you don't attack by running up the middle (The Jets were able to gash them on sub runs from passing formations with trips - but you can't just line it up and run straight ahead at will) - you attack the Pats defense by exploiting their dogsh!t cornerbacks....especially the right corner, the one who isn't a rookie.

Basically, the offense can pass at will - the defense can stop the inside run but you can pass on them at will ... and that's why the over is 3-0 in Patriot games so far.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
Wait to hear from the moron before you bet the Fish....Just go the other way, you will be fine.
PG just told me he loves the Pats tonight and to post this for him.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Randwyck

Funny how a certain Randy Moss was shut down in the 1st half by one player, Vontae Davis. There was no double-teaming. Of course the way the 2nd-half played out, the offense wasn't even needed.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Funny how a certain Randy Moss was shut down in the 1st half by one player, Vontae Davis. There was no double-teaming. Of course the way the 2nd-half played out, the offense wasn't even needed.
Quote:
Randy Moss played 60 minutes last night. The Patriots receiver walked off the field with a smile, and he was particularly chipper in the locker room, chatting with reporters even more than usual.

So, he was a big target in the Patriots 41-14 beat-down of the Dolphins, right? Actually, no.

Moss had exactly zero catches against the Dolphins. It was the first time in his Patriots career.

He was targeted just once by Tom Brady. And really, it seemed like the Pats QB didn’t even look at him.

Asked in the locker room about having no catches, Moss said with a smile, “It’s called a game plan.”

Nice to see we have fantasy football nerds in here... and someone who doesn't realize that whenever you have a deep safety shading to your side - the deep ball is double teamed.

Moss is not running underneath routes. He's attacking the deep safety - and opening up the middle of the football field.

There is absolutely no reason to even look his way ever - until the safeties come in the box to prevent wide open guys underneath.

Brady went 19-for-23 to those underneath guys - whenever you can complete 83% of your passes - with little to no risk of turnovers - what's the point in heaving up bombs into double coverage?
Old 10-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Nice to see we have fantasy football nerds in here... and someone who doesn't realize that whenever you have a deep safety shading to your side - the deep ball is double teamed.

Moss is not running underneath routes. He's attacking the deep safety - and opening up the middle of the football field.

There is absolutely no reason to even look his way ever - until the safeties come in the box to prevent wide open guys underneath.

Brady went 19-for-23 to those underneath guys - whenever you can complete 83% of your passes - with little to no risk of turnovers - what's the point in heaving up bombs into double coverage?
There was no double coverage. Vontae Davis was glued to him the entire 1st half, never getting open while the safeties watched for Hernandez and chased Welker short all night.

Anyways would like to see where the quote came from...
Old 10-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Flemington

Quote:
There was no double coverage.
Quote:
the safeties watched for Hernandez and chased Welker short all night.
Uh huh...kind of like on this TD pass.

So ... you're saying the Pats had one on one coverage to Moss all game ... if Davis simply slipped - it was a walk to the endzone because the safeties were up hounding a 20-year-old rookie who caught all 5 targets - and Welker?

Wow, The Pats can still complete 83% of there pass plays all while ignoring Moss 1-on-1 the whole entire game. They are even better than I thought.

Vonte Davis merely slips 3 times - and Moss winds up trotting into the endzone with three 80 yard TD's because the Dolphins are fixated with using the deep saftey to contain a 20-year-old tight end taken in like the 3rd round of the draft.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Idlewild Airport

Hernandez is a stud, no doubt. You are going to score with the best of them. Defense still doesn't do it for me in January.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Completely unrelated, but anybody hazard a guess as to what team leads the league in catches by tight ends to this point in the season?