Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
Not sure this is Joey's situation but generally speaking I've found that people who walk around with something stuck up their azz are unable to appreciate good ganja and resent others that do.

Similar to the group of old ladies who ran around Evanston IL almost 100 years ago. What came of that other than making Al Capone and Joe Kennedy phenomenally rich?
People in altered states of awareness due to powerful chemical agents are perhaps the most likely to have inserted foreign objects in various orifaces.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydb View Post
Besides breaking the law? A recent study has shown that it causes a degradation in intellectual ability over time - something that cigarettes have not shown.

I'm assuming that those who like marijuana do not actually want to hurt themselves, so as I alluded to above, I don't understand why someone would seek out this substance.

Same thing holds true for alcohol of course - if you find out that you are one of the 10% of the population that cannot handle taking a drink due to your physiology, you would be wise to avoid alcohol. In the same way, those who have allergies avoid the allergens in question.

If marijuana was shown to be truly harmless and made legal, then the only issue I would have is that like cigarettes, I would not want to be subjected to inhaling smoke I did not consent to.
I actually thought you had a valid reason. My bad.

One more question....is it hard to sit with that 2 X 4 up your ass?
Old 10-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Keeneland

I didn't read Dell's post before I posted.

Pretty funny.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
People in altered states of awareness due to powerful chemical agents are perhaps the most likely to have inserted foreign objects in various orifaces.
You considering marijuana to be a 'powerful chemical agent' just proved my point. You would have fit in perfectly next to those suffrage gals. And what a barrel of fun they must have been.

Give me a hottie a tottie and a joint to share, but to each his own.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
You considering marijuana to be a 'powerful chemical agent' just proved my point. You would have fit in perfectly next to those suffrage gals. And what a barrel of fun they must have been.

If she's that hot - shouldn't need the joint.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I actually thought you had a valid reason. My bad.

One more question....is it hard to sit with that 2 X 4 up your ass?
Besides alluding to your probable lifestyle concerning the uses of lumber, you prove once again that the first to hurl insults has usually lost the argument.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Besides alluding to your probable lifestyle concerning the uses of lumber, you prove once again that the first to hurl insults has usually lost the argument.
I didn't realize we were having an argument and I'm just kidding.

2X4 is probably too big. Pencil maybe?
Old 10-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I didn't realize we were having an argument and I'm just kidding.

2X4 is probably too big. Pencil maybe?
I meant 'argument' in the court room sense.

I'm kidding too - I don't even know you, so why would I want to piss you off?

Anyway - let's leave it there. I admittedly don't understand the whole pot thing. I don't see why others are so passionate to defend it either. But hey, it's America and there are places where it is now legal, so to each their own. Just like alcohol though - if it takes a toll don't drive under the influence - and like cigarettes, don't cry to the rest of us if it gives you lung cancer.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Personally, yes, tony and i are both better off. But that has more to do with being four years further along insofar as the kids are grown, some things have been paid off, etc. Nothing to do with admin changes.

As for marijuana...my youngest had to do a paper on a controversial subject, so he decided on arguing for mj legalization. His research was enlightening. That stuff is less harmful than alcohol.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:

Because everyone knows there is no greater opiate than voting.

(face/palm)
Old 10-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk View Post
Because everyone knows there is no greater opiate than voting.

(face/palm)
Should have been more specific and stated the Women's Christian Temerance Union who later sparked the suffrage movement. Evanston to this day still has no liquor stores and the WCTU are still in existence with maybe a dozen members. Maybe it's time for them to align with the Red Hat Society if they can get those ladies put down their cosmos and dirty martini's. Like that's gonna happen.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Besides breaking the law? A recent study has shown that it causes a degradation in intellectual ability over time - something that cigarettes have not shown.

I'm assuming that those who like marijuana do not actually want to hurt themselves, so as I alluded to above, I don't understand why someone would seek out this substance.

Same thing holds true for alcohol of course - if you find out that you are one of the 10% of the population that cannot handle taking a drink due to your physiology, you would be wise to avoid alcohol. In the same way, those who have allergies avoid the allergens in question.

If marijuana was shown to be truly harmless and made legal, then the only issue I would have is that like cigarettes, I would not want to be subjected to inhaling smoke I did not consent to.
agghhh. besides breaking the law? yeah we know politicians always have americans best interests at mind when making laws. The Patriot Act and NDAA must be amazing.

the uses for hemp are so enormous.. that is the reason it is illegal. the lumber lobbyists keep it illegal. we wouldnt have to wipe out rainforests to make paper if we could grow hemp in the US. at that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the plant.

i have to address your untruths when it comes to this new study. it was found to have effects only when used before you are fully developed mentally.. it can lower your IQ if you use it heavily as an adolescent. this study did not find ANY difference in IQ measurements with adult users.

"People who did not engage in marijuana smoking until after adolescence showed no adverse effects on intelligence."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...urt-future-iq/

I understand that some people dont like it, or dont want to do it, or dont want people they love doing it... but I really dont understand people like Joey's mindset about this natural plant that is much better for you than the two legalized drugs on the market.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Jerome Park

what we should be worried about as a society.. instead of a plant that has many fine uses that dont even involve using it to alter your mindstate.. We should be worried about the opiates and barbiturates that get passed out routinely at the doctors office.

The oxycotin and xanax problem in this country is going through the roof. and that stuff literally kills. oxy especially.

But its okay, because a doctor prescribes it.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Morris Park

I dont think they even make barbituates anymore.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp319 View Post
I dont think they even make barbituates anymore.
sorry, confused the term with benzo's
Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
what we should be worried about as a society.. instead of a plant that has many fine uses that dont even involve using it to alter your mindstate.. We should be worried about the opiates and barbiturates that get passed out routinely at the doctors office.

The oxycotin and xanax problem in this country is going through the roof. and that stuff literally kills. oxy especially.

This is dead on. Unfortunately it falls on deaf ears to people like Joey who aren't really informed and just regurgitate the uptight, conservative mantra of,
"we don't understand it, so it must be wrong."
Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post

The sick part here is seniors (many who visit local OTB's) are selling their pills to dealers who in turn are selling them to users, all on the backs of U.S. Taxpayers. Then there's the story of Dr. Giacomo in chicago who thru his pain clinics prescribed over a million pills and who since has lost his med license. Hopefully IL/WI are unique but probably not.