Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Jerome Park

Default This Guy is a Sham

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes....cnn?hpt=hp_c2

"I believe whatever the voters want me to believe in order to get elected.. let me lick my finger and put it in the air to see which way the wind is currently blowing. I really dont have any core values or beliefs, I am a career politician who will just say whatever the voters want to hear. Deep down, I might support gay marraige, but right now the country isnt ready for it, so I dont support it, once the majority of votors support it, I will support it, but currently, my Christian faith prohibits me from supporting it" President Obama
Old 06-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Saratoga

First, my neck hurt from watching him.

Secondly,the fact that he is gay doesn't matter as he has not been born.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
First, my neck hurt from watching him.

Secondly,the fact that he is gay doesn't matter as he has not been born.
you make a very good point!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Idlewild Airport

I thought this was about Baffert. Wrong forum.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
you make a very good point!

Thanks so much;and Mr. Snot is in the wrong forum...........again.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Thanks so much;and Mr. Snot is in the wrong forum...........again.
Help me out of this store, clyde...i was looking for the rectal thermometer thread and somehow I ended up in your backyard.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43501361...ay-issues-bid/
Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
Help me out of this store, clyde...i was looking for the rectal thermometer thread and somehow I ended up in your backyard.

Oh boy.

And don't waste your time with Danny...believe me, I know.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes....cnn?hpt=hp_c2

"I believe whatever the voters want me to believe in order to get elected.. let me lick my finger and put it in the air to see which way the wind is currently blowing. I really dont have any core values or beliefs, I am a career politician who will just say whatever the voters want to hear. Deep down, I might support gay marraige, but right now the country isnt ready for it, so I dont support it, once the majority of votors support it, I will support it, but currently, my Christian faith prohibits me from supporting it" President Obama
Wow, you mean to tell me that President Obama is a politician? Absolutely earth shattering news...what great insight! The first President ever to govern in the middle of the road while trying to not lose votes by taking controversial stands...welcome to America pilgrims!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Keeneland

Obama may be a sham in your view, but he's far better than those that actively politic against that in our society. That think being gay shouldn't be legal, that deny gays their rights, that call being gay an abomination, etc.

Obama has always been strongly anti-gay marriage, unfortunately, I don't expect him to change - although change would put him where the majority of society is now (in favor of it) I do appreciate he ended DADT.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 06-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Saratoga

But doesn't your neck hurt??
Old 06-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Saratoga

It hurts.

But she won't admit it.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Obama may be a sham in your view, but he's far better than those that actively politic against that in our society. That think being gay shouldn't be legal, that deny gays their rights, that call being gay an abomination, etc.

Obama has always been strongly anti-gay marriage, unfortunately, I don't expect him to change - although change would put him where the majority of society is now (in favor of it) I do appreciate he ended DADT.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/0...nt-ask-policy/

June 3, 2011, 6:21 PM ET.

Post-Repeal, Airman Discharged Under ‘Don’t Ask’ Policy.

In December, Congress repealed the ban on gays and lesbians serving openly in the military. But the policy, known as “don’t ask, don’t tell,” remains in effect: The president, the secretary of defense and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff must still certify that lifting the policy does not affect military readiness, and full repeal takes effect 60 days after that.

i wonder how long it will take for that certification??
Old 06-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
Wow, you mean to tell me that President Obama is a politician? Absolutely earth shattering news...what great insight! The first President ever to govern in the middle of the road while trying to not lose votes by taking controversial stands...welcome to America pilgrims!
Old 06-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:

did you watch the video? He's only been anti-gay marriage since he's been running for office. and now that the tides are turning, he might change his opinion. not because it's morally right to do so, but because he needs the most votes he can get.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

did you watch the video? He's only been anti-gay marriage since he's been running for office. and now that the tides are turning, he might change his opinion. not because it's morally right to do so, but because he needs the most votes he can get.
Obama's always been anti-gay marriage from a personal belief point of view - all the various "yes" and "noes" regarding what he'd do as a lawmaker were the flip-flop politicizing based upon current expediency. There's multiple quotes from him about his personal views, going way back.

But Obama doesn't make law - he signs it, yes. Now we have a Congress (House) filled with Republican religious zealots completely and actively and proudly against it, as is every single Republican Presidential candidate (perhaps not Huntsman, would have to check) Not good. And those people, the "big government control of your life, take away your individual rights" group, are the big danger.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 06-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i wonder how long it will take for that certification??
I didn't realize that hadn't been done. They mentioned the need at the repeal - why isn't it done is a very good question.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Obama's always been anti-gay marriage from a personal belief point of view - all the various "yes" and "noes" regarding what he'd do as a lawmaker were the flip-flop politicizing based upon current expediency. There's multiple quotes from him about his personal views, going way back.

But Obama doesn't make law - he signs it, yes. Now we have a Congress (House) filled with Republican religious zealots completely and actively and proudly against it, as is every single Republican Presidential candidate (perhaps not Huntsman, would have to check) Not good. And those people, the "big government control of your life, take away your individual rights" group, are the big danger.
Yeah democrats don't fall in that group...just Republicans.

Isn't that right, Republican?
Old 06-23-2011, 01:01 PM
The Curragh

Quote:

Huntsman, pro civil unions as are many. I am, I wish I was in civil union. It is just like being Puerto Rico. All the benefits, none of the cons. Lucky gays.

Last edited by Clip-Clop : 06-23-2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Yeah democrats don't fall in that group...just Republicans.

Isn't that right, Republican?
Coming as a response to me pointing out a Democrat in "that group", not a very brilliant personal insult. Try again.