Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Oriental Park

Default usc

How anyone in the country does not think that this team could beat any of these teams is out of their mind

In the last 3 years the big 10 champion has been pummeled equally by 2 sec schools and now USC

The rose bowl was over by halftime , just like the last 2 bcs games.

For anyone to think that USC is not in the same class as any of the top SEC schools or top big 12 schools they are just kidding themselves

They could beat any of the teams that are left playing including Florida and Oklahoma
Old 01-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Goodwood

Yes, they can beat anyone in the country. Rolling the Big 10 in the Rose Bowl is nothing special. They should roll the Big 10.

They would be playing on Thursday if they didn't lose a conference game. I am all for a playoff, but this is the system we have now.

The playoffs start in September. Win 'em all and there is a good chance you'll be in the big game.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Gulfstream Park

Yer preachin' to the choir, gales0678.

TROJAN NATION
Old 01-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
Yes, they can beat anyone in the country. Rolling the Big 10 in the Rose Bowl is nothing special. They should roll the Big 10.
Quote:
They would be playing on Thursday if they didn't lose a conference game. I am all for a playoff, but this is the system we have now.

The playoffs start in September. Win 'em all and there is a good chance you'll be in the big game.

my point exactly - waht was so special about a 2 loss LSU rolling ohio st last year and florida rolling over ohio st 2 years ago

the only difference was that those were the BCS games and this was the rose bowl - but all 3 teams defeated were the big 10 champions

Also why should they be shut out - they lost on the road , florida lost at home
to confernce opponents
Old 01-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Coach Pants

Uh Penn State sucked?
Old 01-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
[b]

my point exactly - waht was so special about a 2 loss LSU rolling ohio st last year and florida rolling over ohio st 2 years ago

the only difference was that those were the BCS games and this was the rose bowl - but all 3 teams defeated were the big 10 champions

to confernce opponents
Mississippi > Oregon St.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
Mississippi > Oregon St.

playing at home in the swamp vs going to Corvellus is not something important to think about

How do you know Ole Miss could beat OSU ?

What about the Pac 10 in bowls , they are undeafeated in bowls.

All year long we heard about the Big 12 - OSU didn't stop Oregon at all in the 2nd half

I ain't saying Florida doesn't deserve a shot at the BCS game , but , what did the last 2 bcs games and yesterday's rose bowl tell us about who the real best team in college football was the last 3 years - nothing absolutley nothing
Old 01-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
playing at home in the swamp vs going to Corvellus is not something important to think about

How do you know Ole Miss could beat OSU ?

What about the Pac 10 in bowls , they are undeafeated in bowls.

All year long we heard about the Big 12 - OSU didn't stop Oregon at all in the 2nd half

I ain't saying Florida doesn't deserve a shot at the BCS game , but , what did the last 2 bcs games and yesterday's rose bowl tell us about who the real best team in college football was the last 3 years - nothing absolutley nothing
I don't know for sure...just like you don't know for sure if USC could beat all takers right now. It's a guess.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
I don't know for sure...just like you don't know for sure if USC could beat all takers right now. It's a guess.
tell me why Ou or Florida deserves to be in the BCS game over them

there is no fairness to west coast teams on a natioanl level

cleary the pac 10 is every bit as good this year as any top confernce if you have been waching the bowls - they have won shootouts and defensive games
Old 01-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:

cleary the pac 10 is every bit as good this year as any top confernce if you have been waching the bowls - they have won shootouts and defensive games

The week that most of the pac 10 lost to those mountain valley teams or whatever... and usc getting beat by osu. that is probably the 2 biggest factors for USC going rose.

People thought the Pac 10 was very bad this year so that didnt help USC. Turns out the Pac 10 is pretty good!

But, the only team USC can fault is themselves.... if you want to win a National Championship game you cant lose to OSU.

The Gator loss to Ol' Miss was unfortunate, but it was by a blocked extra point and Ol' Miss turned out to be a real good team (IMO) this year. What the Gators have done since that loss has been rediculous.

And USC didnt beat the #1 team in the country for the conference championship either.

Gators and Oklahoma deserve to be in the championship... or the Gators and Texas. USC could have beat them all (I think UF beats USC tho)... but they shouldnt have lost to OSU!!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Gulfstream Park

Looks like another hollow national championship for UF...
Old 01-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
[b]

to confernce opponents
Because this is the shitty system they have. It's up to polls and computers.

The bottom line is, win them all and you'll play in the big game. Most of the time.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

did you manage this with a straight face? usc is a perennial pre-season favorite-yet they always manage to shoot themselves in the foot by losing to a rather weak conference opponent. twice in the last three years to osu, and then the loss to abysmal stanford.
if you want to be considered the best, you can't lose to schools like that. everyone recognizes they are the dominant force on the west coast...now they just have to win those 'easy' games.
ole miss turned out to be a good team-which is why fla got the nod over usc. it's not that hard to figure out, is it?
Old 01-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Operator
Looks like another hollow national championship for UF...
I quite sure they can care less if it is "hollow".
Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
I quite sure they can care less if it is "hollow".
no, they don't. kills me when those with a team bias can't step back and consider things objectively.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Oriental Park

Missippi was 8-4

Vanderbilt and USC beat them - 2 very medicore teams ,

Ole Miss is playing well now no question , but they were a middle of the road SEC team in the early part of the season

Ole miss is playing good ball now , i'll give you that , but again UF lost a home game in confernce and USC lost on the road in confernce big big difference - and USC wasn't blown out they lost a close game just like UF it

There is a west coast bias , no question about it - it's unfair to these kids to not get a chance
Old 01-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Missippi was 8-4

Ole Miss is playing well now no question , but they were a middle of the road SEC team in the early part of the season

Ole miss is playing good ball now , i'll give you that , but again UF lost a home game in confernce and USC lost on the road in confernce big big difference - and USC wasn't blown out they lost a close game just like UF it

There is a west coast bias , no question about it - it's unfair to these kids to not get a chance
They had a chance and blew it in Corvallis.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Missippi was 8-4

funny, you mention supposed mediocre teams..osu is right in that category! fla's one loss was to a better team than usc's one loss. then there's strength of schedule-and of course style points. fla smoked some good teams, made them look like division 2 opponents-and them beating the #1 team in the sec championship sure didn't hurt them.
i can see arguing for texas to be in the title game, but not usc.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
They had a chance and blew it in Corvallis.
exactly. you want it, win. or at least, lose to a decent team!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
did you manage this with a straight face? usc is a perennial pre-season favorite-yet they always manage to shoot themselves in the foot by losing to a rather weak conference opponent. twice in the last three years to osu, and then the loss to abysmal stanford.
if you want to be considered the best, you can't lose to schools like that. everyone recognizes they are the dominant force on the west coast...now they just have to win those 'easy' games.
ole miss turned out to be a good team-which is why fla got the nod over usc. it's not that hard to figure out, is it?

what exactly was ole miss in sept ??? how were they any different than OSU

and how is OSU not consider a good team right now - they got beat by OU without their best player other than that they won all their games at the end of the season

all OSU does every year is win bowl games