Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Keeneland

No private American citizens "need" access to assault rifles and 100-shot ammo cannisters. Ban them.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 07-26-2012, 01:47 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
No private American citizens "need" access to assault rifles and 100-shot ammo cannisters. Ban them.
Were it not for the 100 shot magazine he used way more people would be dead or wounded. It jammed because of the large mag, had he been changing the gun doesn't jam. While I agree about the huge magazine, in this case it (and the common malfunction of such a thing) helped a bit.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Were it not for the 100 shot magazine he used way more people would be dead or wounded. It jammed because of the large mag, had he been changing the gun doesn't jam. While I agree about the huge magazine, in this case it (and the common malfunction of such a thing) helped a bit.
That's interesting logic in support of 100 shot clips, you have to admit
Old 07-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Dee Tee Stables

people tend to focus on assault weapons and large magazines...prove to me that the death count would be lower if he'd had more guns, with less ammo per gun.
besides, if you bought a john wayne .30-.30., you never miss and it never, ever needs re-loading.
at any rate, had he gone in there with several semi-autos, we'd be hearing about whatever calibre and magazine was involved there too. i mean, who needs a 12 gauge, a bird is just as dead with a 20 gauge. or a .410 for that matter. or hey, just go down to a .22 plinkster...no, wait, those are bad too. one of those almost killed reagan and brady.

but hey, if everyone is chattering about guns, no one is chattering about jobs, banking, finance, war, unemployment, and housing for starters.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:16 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
That's interesting logic in support of 100 shot clips, you have to admit
I am against such magazines, they serve no logical purpose. It was only an observation of the result of this usage.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Dee Tee Stables

well, it didn't take long:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...172430871.html
Old 07-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
Why do you think Ocala is so bad?
I think poverty has a lot to do with it. While there are a few "rich" area's, and also of course the horse farms... I would bet that the majority of ocala is at or below the poverty line. Unemployment is also much higher than the national average... and drug use, especially perscription pills (Roxies are the DEVIL) and meth/crack seem to be rampant.

All that leads to higher crime rates, IMO.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
I think poverty has a lot to do with it. While there are a few "rich" area's, and also of course the horse farms... I would bet that the majority of ocala is at or below the poverty line. Unemployment is also much higher than the national average... and drug use, especially perscription pills (Roxies are the DEVIL) and meth/crack seem to be rampant.

Kentucky, Appalachia, very poor - major income is growing marijuana and making meth. Just read a detailed article on vote buying (you sell your vote to the highest bidder, so you can buy more drugs) Going price is $25. Puts local cliques in charge of being Sheriff, judge, etc. Not much power there, but they purchase it.

The answer to that poverty, according to our two illustrious US Senators, Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul, is to remove all food assistance and Medicaid from the poor.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 07-26-2012, 03:15 PM
The Curragh

Quote:

Big change is coming to opiate painkillers, should all but eliminate the hillbilly heroin epidemic.
Meth however is a different story. What they are doing in Mexico is ridiculous and they are getting it over here with more success than any drug import ever. Even worse is that it doesn't cast a thing to make so if it is lost no one at the top really cares.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Ocala Mike

Quote:

What Antitrust32 said. I'm on a horse farm outside of the city of Ocala, in a pretty quiet area but my part-time job as a delivery driver takes me around the town quite a bit. It's definitely about the poverty; I heard on a news report today that the Ocala area is no. 27 out of 212 nationwide statistical areas for home foreclosures.

http://www.ocala.com/article/2012072...120729807/1412

Last edited by Ocala Mike : 07-26-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Add link