Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-25-2012, 06:34 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Default Tiger's win

That was a performance similar to Tiger of old. 5 shots back to 2nd place. Tied for 4th was 8 shots back. I realize it was Bay Hill and he has a great track record there, but this was a very dominating performance. You still have to hit the shots and make the putts. Tied for 1st in GIR this week. When he is hitting it that well and putting halfway decent, he's tough to beat.

Hard to believe that he will dominate again like he once did, but I have seen enough to not put it past him. I'm glad he won today and I'm glad he won in the fashion that he did. Golf needs Tiger playing well.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Hialeah Park

While I agree with everything you've said, Macdowell sure didnt capitalize on his opportunities to gain strokes on the back 9. Would've liked to seen it more of a sweat for him but oh well, his real test comes in two weeks at yet another course he excels at.

Chompin at the bit for Augusta for sure.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 03-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Flemington

Augusta should send Ernie an invite.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:51 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Augusta should send Ernie an invite.
They should, but they won't.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:54 PM
5'8".. but all man!

http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/...s?v=1332674075
Old 03-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Jerome Park

This is from CNN.

Woods, who has won 14 Grand Slam titles, had won the 2011 edition of the World Challenge tournament that he hosts. But until Sunday, he had been still searching for a comeback win in an event with a full field.

His next big tournament will be next month's Masters, the Grand Slam event held each year in Augusta, Georgia. Despite earlier concerns that he may be hindered once again by injuries, Woods expressed optimism and enthusiasm Sunday that he'd do well.

"I am excited. It's always fun to get there, and it's always fun to play," he said. "(It is) all coming together at the right time."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/25/sport/...win/index.html

Call me ignorant, and I know if you win all four majors it is considered the "grand slam". But I have NEVER heard of a major being called a "grand slam" event.

Is this writer confusing golf with tennis??
Old 03-26-2012, 11:36 AM
5'8".. but all man!

It was from the CNN Wire Staff....which means someone that doesn't know anything about golf was assigned to write a quick blurb about his win.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:21 PM
The Curragh

I am happy Tiger won even though Im not too crazy on how he treated Stevie. On courses and holes where it is required to use the driver, he still cant drive it straight to save his life those 2/3rd swing's wont cut it. Plus, Bay Hill was missing a few of the best golfers in the world, but the field was still tough and credible enough. Tiger needs to ask Nike to make him a VR Tour that will keep his drives in the fairway..lol

But his putting is amazing, me thinks he threw that Nike method and found an old Scotty Cameron
Old 03-26-2012, 01:23 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
That was a performance similar to Tiger of old. 5 shots back to 2nd place. Tied for 4th was 8 shots back. I realize it was Bay Hill and he has a great track record there, but this was a very dominating performance. You still have to hit the shots and make the putts. Tied for 1st in GIR this week. When he is hitting it that well and putting halfway decent, he's tough to beat.

Hard to believe that he will dominate again like he once did, but I have seen enough to not put it past him. I'm glad he won today and I'm glad he won in the fashion that he did. Golf needs Tiger playing well.
With the exception of a 63 Grame Mcdowell played a pretty bad tournament, and Ernie did not muster up any kind of a run. So no one really challenged him nor was he ever pressured. Freakin McDowell double bogeys right off the bat, all Tiger had to do was put the ball in play and stay out of trouble
Old 03-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:

He's actually still pretty young...you've had several recent examples of golfers playing their best golf after turning 40...Stricker, Singh, Kenny Perry, O'Meara all come to mind. Though don't know if any of them had the physical issues in their 30s Tiger did. He's one weird dude, you almost get the feeling his downfall was orchestrated by he himself...just to do it and come back from it. I know it's not true, but I almost can make myself believe it.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
It was from the CNN Wire Staff....which means someone that doesn't know anything about golf was assigned to write a quick blurb about his win.
it's interesting how many mistakes major news organizations make.

and we're supposed to trust them to relay news correctly and objectively?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:43 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
They should, but they won't.

they wont send him one because Ernie is African
Old 03-26-2012, 10:39 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar View Post
With the exception of a 63 Grame Mcdowell played a pretty bad tournament, and Ernie did not muster up any kind of a run. So no one really challenged him nor was he ever pressured. Freakin McDowell double bogeys right off the bat, all Tiger had to do was put the ball in play and stay out of trouble
Come on, Flip...you gotta do better than that.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
You are sheer genius, Jerry. GM was T-1st in both Fairways hit and GIR for the week. That is not playing a "pretty bad tournament"
Old 03-26-2012, 10:51 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Of the final 8 groups to tee off sunday (16 players) only 1 of them broke par. Tiger with a 2 under 70. Only 2 rounds better than 70 all day and that was Brian Harmon and JB Holmes, who both shot 68 teeing off early in the day.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Coach Pants

Look for J.B. to have a big year.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
You are sheer genius, Jerry. GM was T-1st in both Fairways hit and GIR for the week. That is not playing a "pretty bad tournament"

lol I didnt know that, thats for setting me straight. I've been reading too much of this anti Tiger stuff from another guy, guess it rubbed off a bit..lol
Old 03-27-2012, 11:45 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Come on, Flip...you gotta do better than that.

im the american Jason Day, only I am an american and full Flip
Old 03-27-2012, 06:51 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
im the american Jason Day, only I am an american and full Flip
Stop it.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
He's actually still pretty young...you've had several recent examples of golfers playing their best golf after turning 40...Stricker, Singh, Kenny Perry, O'Meara all come to mind. Though don't know if any of them had the physical issues in their 30s Tiger did. He's one weird dude, you almost get the feeling his downfall was orchestrated by he himself...just to do it and come back from it. I know it's not true, but I almost can make myself believe it.
It's funny you say this because I can almost see it too lol. Of course, it's crazy but it's not totally inconceivable. I'm reminded of the time years ago when Larry Bird and the Celtics had went on a run and were just killing teams and Bird got bored and decided to shoot left-handed all game against Portland. Just because he was bored.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine