Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
And beating the California wonder-horse Stardom Bound to boot.

NT
Did anyone really think Stardom Bound has been a wonder horse this year?

Am I the only one who smiles when things blow up on IEAH?
Old 11-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up
Did anyone really think Stardom Bound has been a wonder horse this year?

Am I the only one who smiles when things blow up on IEAH?
I was being coy. There were people (here included) who thought she was still good this year.

I absolutely love it when things blow up on IEAH. I am eagerly looking forward to Diamondrella losing the Matriarch.

NT
Old 11-28-2009, 03:51 PM
The Curragh

Not that I think Stardom Bound is good, but the pace in the Gazelle today was dreadfully slow (24 and 48 if I remember), and the Ashland had a crawling pace as well. I think if Stardom Bound was ever a better price, she would be a good play in a race with some speed.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
Not that I think Stardom Bound is good, but the pace in the Gazelle today was dreadfully slow (24 and 48 if I remember), and the Ashland had a crawling pace as well. I think if Stardom Bound was ever a better price, she would be a good play in a race with some speed.
Granted that the pace was slow but stardom bound did not gain any ground and looked tired at the end. She is probably the slowest multi Grade 1 winner in history.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
The track was extremely slow today. The :48 half was not really that slow. Stardom Bound was just never that good. Don't make DrugS come out of hiding and post the "where are they now" of the 2008 BC Juv Fillies field. It's frightening.

NT
Old 11-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
The track was extremely slow today. The :48 half was not really that slow. Stardom Bound was just never that good. Don't make DrugS come out of hiding and post the "where are they now" of the 2008 BC Juv Fillies field. It's frightening.

NT
I always thought she was a late running sprinter
Old 11-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
I could see that. I actually told someone that's why I wasn't betting her in the Oak Leaf or the BC.

NT
Old 11-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:

NT
Remember when people thought she was a Derby winner? And you were a bad person to think otherwise.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Sam Houston

Quote:
Suspect the LaBrea would be a good spot to prove it.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
I think she's very typical of many 2-year-old fillies of years past... they're awesome at 2, but they do not progress to 3 like their male counterparts. Then you combine that with the fact she was part of a weak group to begin with (BC field-wise, anyway).
Old 11-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Stone
I think she's very typical of many 2-year-old fillies of years past... they're awesome at 2, but they do not progress to 3 like their male counterparts. Then you combine that with the fact she was part of a weak group to begin with (BC field-wise, anyway).
To play devil's advocate, she did win 2 grade 1s in 4 starts this year.

If you factor the injury post-Ashland and the dirt this weekend then I wouldn't write her off just yet.

Ship back to SA for the La Canada series as someone suggested.

Just don't transfer her to Gary Stevens.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer
To just mention it is not to be dishonest or disingenuous, which is why you'll see plenty of people making those arguments and not getting taken to the woodshed for them...because even if they're making a bad argument, they're doing it in good faith.

To have made about 74 different, terrible, dishonest and disingenuous arguments like you have....is to be dishonest and disingenuous. And lots of what you've been typing for several months isn't even good faith debate, because you change the goalposts, change what matters, and change the criteria whenever it suits you, then get all defensive and sullen when people call you on it and then you act like you're getting the short end of it from all these mean people who just love picking on you.

Dishonest and disingenuous. People just calling it as it happens.
great post & completely accurate.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
To just mention it is not to be dishonest or disingenuous, which is why you'll see plenty of people making those arguments and not getting taken to the woodshed for them...because even if they're making a bad argument, they're doing it in good faith.

To have made about 74 different, terrible, dishonest and disingenuous arguments like you have....is to be dishonest and disingenuous. And lots of what you've been typing for several months isn't even good faith debate, because you change the goalposts, change what matters, and change the criteria whenever it suits you, then get all defensive and sullen when people call you on it and then you act like you're getting the short end of it from all these mean people who just love picking on you.

Dishonest and disingenuous. People just calling it as it happens.
Just what have I said that was terrible, dishonest or disingenuous? Please tell me. Is questioning her competition terrible, dishonest or disingenuous? Is questioning her stopping on Sept 5 terrible, dishonest or disingenuous? Is believing Zenyatta is a better horse than her terrible, dishonest or disingenuous? Is saying if I had a vote for HOY I would vote for Zenyatta terrible, dishonest or disingenuous? I repectfully differ but it seems to me that it is you that gets all defensive and sullen when one simply questions RA on these specific things. I challenged a poster a few weeks ago to find one post that I have made that I said Rachel was a bad horse, there were none. You are barking up the wrong tree, because you cannot accept anyone's opinion that is different than yours.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC
Just what have I said that was terrible, dishonest or disingenuous? Please tell me. Is questioning her competition terrible, dishonest or disingenuous? Is questioning her stopping on Sept 5 terrible, dishonest or disingenuous? Is believing Zenyatta is a better horse than her terrible, dishonest or disingenuous? Is saying if I had a vote for HOY I would vote for Zenyatta terrible, dishonest or disingenuous? I repectfully differ but it seems to me that it is you that gets all defensive and sullen when one simply questions RA on these specific things. I challenged a poster a few weeks ago to find one post that I have made that I said Rachel was a bad horse, there were none. You are barking up the wrong tree, because you cannot accept anyone's opinion that is different than yours.
OMFG someone call the waaaaambulance for CSC....I'm terribly sorry I don't have the time to go back and pull out EVERY time that you've changed the goalposts, made an intentionally dishonest argument, and ignored when people have called out every inconsistency in your arguments, of which there have been about two dozen. Sorry, I already have a full time job and don't have the hours to document it, but luckily anyone who has been reading in real-time as you've been doing it all these months already knows full well what I'm talking about, so there actually isn't any need for me to go do it for YOUR sake, since you're the only one still pretending you're not doing it.

Coach was right the other day -- I've gotten badly punked, because the entire paragraph I just typed basically explains EXACTLY what a troll is. Damnit, I'm always the last to know...
Old 11-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
OMFG someone call the waaaaambulance for CSC....I'm terribly sorry I don't have the time to go back and pull out EVERY time that you've changed the goalposts, made an intentionally dishonest argument, and ignored when people have called out every inconsistency in your arguments, of which there have been about two dozen. Sorry, I already have a full time job and don't have the hours to document it, but luckily anyone who has been reading in real-time as you've been doing it all these months already knows full well what I'm talking about, so there actually isn't any need for me to go do it for YOUR sake, since you're the only one still pretending you're not doing it.

Coach was right the other day -- I've gotten badly punked, because the entire paragraph I just typed basically explains EXACTLY what a troll is. Damnit, I'm always the last to know...
Changed goalposts on what? The error I think you are referring to I addressed and explained when I found out it was an error, I don't know why you cannot accept this. I too work F/T and don't have access to certain horseracing sites during the day. The discussion was on the name change of The Lady's Secret, while the site I went to only listed her BC Distaff as a major SA accomplishment, her other wins didn't change my mind because Zenyatta's SA accomplishments were better. If it had you can bet your bottom dollar I would have changed my view on that. That's the crux of it.

Again I ask you how have I made terrible, dishonest and disingenuous arguments towards Rachel Alexandra? I was on record as saying she was my choice for HOY prior to the BC, and as like anyone in their right mind reserved the right to adjust that opinion if there were any extraordinary performances later in the year. Isn't this the right of any horseracing fan?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC
Isn't this the right of any horseracing fan?
The free speech straw man. Always one of my personal favorites.

Seriously, if you'd just call me a Nazi or compare me to Hitler, you'd have hit for the troll cycle.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
The free speech straw man. Always one of my personal favorites.

Seriously, if you'd just call me a Nazi or compare me to Hitler, you'd have hit for the troll cycle.
So basically everyone that agree's with your viewpoint is alright in your eyes... And anyone who has a different opinion better shut up and sing...so to speak.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC
So basically everyone that agree's with your viewpoint is alright in your eyes... And anyone who has a different opinion better shut up and sing...so to speak.
No. There are people I respect who think Zenyatta should be HOY, even if I don't agree with them. They just make cogent arguments that don't rely on lies, distortions, gross inaccuracies, and disingenuous tactics.

That's what you fail to understand. That's why the free speech argument is so rich, since the only thing you have to fall back on is accusing me of denying you your right to your opinion, when all anyone is doing is pointing out the numerous fallacies in your opinion...fallacies that you need to be true in order for you personally to have a coherent argument. That's something you still don't really have. There is an argument that I disagree with on making Zenyatta HOY or naming the Lady's Secret after her or whatever else it is you want to crow about, but that's not the argument you're making. You're just throwing $hit at a wall and hoping it sticks....and after three months of similar arguments, it's still clean.

Oh well. You can make this about ME all you want. Everyone else will keep making it about the facts and the real arguments. But that's what people do when they have no other argument, they make it about being a victim of those mean people who call your arguments dishonest or disingenuous.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Flemington

"Santa Anita Park" also joined the Facebook group Zenyatta For Horse of the Year.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:10 PM
5'8".. but all man!

I'm probably gonna regret bringing this post back to the forefront, but I'm surprised nobody posted this so far. Crist nails it on the head:

http://www.drf.com/drfNewsArticle.do...3&subs=0&arc=0