Old 10-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Havre de Grace

Default World Series Predictions

I'll go with Yankees in 7.

MVP: Sabathia

NT
Old 10-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Del Mar

I'm going with the Yankees sweeping the Phillies, with all 4 games being close and competitive, but the Yankees winning them all.

MVP will be Derek Jeter.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Golden Gate

Phillies in 6
Old 10-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Monmouth Park

Yankees in 6
AROD MVP
Old 10-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulla Sheets
Yankees in 6
AROD MVP
Chalk eater
Old 10-26-2009, 11:15 AM
The Curragh

Philly in 4 .......clutch is still living in the city of brotherly love.

While Cleveland's GM Mark Shapiro hangs in effigy for selling both starters in Game 1 for 50 cents on a dollar......nice job.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Golden Gate

Series price Yanks-230 Philly +190
Old 10-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Jerome Park

I'm not picking anyone cause it goes against my baseball religion.. but it should be a great series. I say 6 or 7 games. But then again I said that in the NLCS.

One thing that is interesting is that Philly has lost only one game in each of the last 5 post season series they have played in. And, when the Phillies played the Yankees in NY earlier this year... the Yankees were coming into the series on a 9 game winning streak.. and the Phils SHOULD have swept them but Lidge blew 2 saves... we won one of the games he blew the save though. So we were 1 blown save away from a sweep when the Yanks were playing as well as they have played. The bad thing is, we still have Brad Lidge. People are pretending he's turned a new page but I dont believe it for a second. The only good part is that its the World Series and Cholly isnt just gonna leave Lidge in when he's choking.. unlike the rest of the year.

Phillies were 17 blown saves away from being the best team in baseball this year.

Also, I really hope almost everyone on here picks the Yankees.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Janks in 7. Teixeira MVP.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Coach Pants

It will be boring and there will be lots of crabs, ball scratching, and spitting of sunflower seeds by grossly overpaid roided-up douchenozzles.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Santa Anita

Yankees in 5.. ARod MVP

#Grand
Old 10-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Havre de Grace

Not really a Phillies fan, but I'm taking them to beat the Yanks. The Yankees looked good cuz the Angels played like crap. Their offensive lineup is soft(Angels) Just seems like Phillies have better offense through the lineup. But the Phils better be ahead late cuz the Yanks bullpen is the real deal.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan
Not really a Phillies fan, but I'm taking them to beat the Yanks. The Yankees looked good cuz the Angels played like crap. Their offensive lineup is soft(Angels) Just seems like Phillies have better offense through the lineup. But the Phils better be ahead late cuz the Yanks bullpen is the real deal.

Kruk last night said of all the positions (based on offense though not defense) he would take all the Philly guys except shortstop (Jeter over Jroll) and 3rd base (aroid over feliz).
Old 10-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
Kruk last night said of all the positions (based on offense though not defense) he would take all the Philly guys except shortstop (Jeter over Jroll) and 3rd base (aroid over feliz).
The outfield isn't even a question, especially with Swisher playing like garbage but I'd rather have Posada when he's performing at the level he's supposed to. That doesn't include that I'd take the Yankees rotation over the Phils any day.

NT
Old 10-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
The outfield isn't even a question, especially with Swisher playing like garbage but I'd rather have Posada when he's performing at the level he's supposed to. That doesn't include that I'd take the Yankees rotation over the Phils any day.

NT
But even then, his defensive sucks and there isn't a guy around who is more clueless than him on the bases (not to mention that he has to be one of the slowest guys in the league).
Old 10-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
NT

I'll give you that for the most part... Cliff Lee (in the post season) has pitched as well or better than ANYONE. Pedro has been AWESOME for us this year and completely shut down the Dodgers... I really hope they use him for a start.

Hamels has been garbage and shouldnt even get a start but he will. I love Blanton.. I know Chuck disagree's but Blanton is our bulldog and I trust him in the Series. Happ had a great year... was voted best rookie by his peers.. I bet he wont start but he will be fine out of the pen (he hasnt been great out of the pen yet but he's got a real bad deal by some umps so far.. hitting the corners and getting balls called).

Our rotation is NOT a weak spot at all.. though Yankee's is better for the most part. One thing yankees should hope they dont have to pitch CC three times... i just have a good (bad for yankee fans) feeling about that.

Our bullpen is the weak spot.. though Durbin has been great so far in the post.. Eyre is solid.. Madson had choked.. Chan Ho Park has been good.. somehow Lidge has been saving games but I expect him to blow one though I pray he doesnt.

If Lidge blows even one save the Yankees will win the series.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
But even then, his defensive sucks and there isn't a guy around who is more clueless than him on the bases (not to mention that he has to be one of the slowest guys in the league).

Posada is the catcher right? I'll take Ruiz for sure.

The three best postseason players so far have been Ryan Howard, A-roid, and Ruiz. Hands down. Ruiz has been unbelievable.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Idlewild Airport

4 or 5 for the Yankees.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
Kruk is a terrible homer and I wouldn't listen to anything he said regarding the Phillies.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Kruk is a terrible homer and I wouldn't listen to anything he said regarding the Phillies.

He was right though. Utley is the best 2nd basemen in baseball. Texteria or however you spell it is a great fielder.. but I'd take Howard by a freaking mile (and so would the Boss). The two have been night and day in the playoffs. Our outfielders are superior at the plate and Ruiz has been unbelievable.

Only Arod and Jeter are > than Jroll and Feliz.

It just makes me feel pretty good seeing that 80% of the people on here are picking the yanks. Honestly.