Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
Then I guess the thread was worthy. And as I said I don't hate the Pres. I fear him!
I fear plane crashes and clowns, but i don't start a different thread every day with the same theme. And, yes, this is a truly fine thread, just not much of a change from the others you start. Yes, I'm all about change!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyep59
I fear plane crashes and clowns, but i don't start a different thread every day with the same theme. And, yes, this is a truly fine thread, just not much of a change from the others you start. Yes, I'm all about change!
Maybe you should. A few threads about clowns would be much more entertaining than you trying to censor another poster because he's making threads in a subforum named POLITICS/SOCIETY.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyep59
I don't remember starting another thread about Obama saying 'we are one of the largest Muslim countries' but I am getting older and may have. Enlighten me please!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
Maybe you should. A few threads about clowns would be much more entertaining than you trying to censor another poster because he's making threads in a subforum named POLITICS/SOCIETY.
I'm not trying to censor anybody, coach, just putting my opinion out there like you do. I'm almost certain I've seen you have differing opinions on here with others but you don't call your responses censoring, just humorous, like i was basically trying to do. Keep up the good work, I'll still be a fan.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Coach Pants

Fair enough.

I'm interested to see what's going to happen in 2012 if Obama keeps p.issing on Israel and taking bukkake shots to the face from Iran. I have a feeling by that time he will f.uck things up so bad that Colin Powell will run against him and win.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
Fair enough.

I'm interested to see what's going to happen in 2012 if Obama keeps p.issing on Israel and taking bukkake shots to the face from Iran. I have a feeling by that time he will f.uck things up so bad that Colin Powell will run against him and win.
If Obama gets his cap and trade policy through... which I keep getting letters from my electric company saying that if this passes to expect my bill to rise by AT LEAST $50 per month (extra $600 per year). I say there is absolutely no way he is re-elected.

I also dont think that politicions are dumb enough (even the democrats) to pass this bill knowing it will SEVERLY hurt their chances for re-election.

Americans may not be smart enough to understand 90% of what goes on in this world, but they are smart enough to recognize a $50 TAX from the government in their electric bill every month.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Oriental Park

it all comes down to guns + butter lori , you're right , if taxes get out of hand he won't win re-election
Old 06-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Keeneland

and the great 'oralter' we be heard again. "It's the economy stupid"

Cap and Trade will not only affect your electric bill but almost everything you buy as when manufacturers are hit with the tax they will have no choice but to pass it on down. sans products manufactured in foreign countries who don't have the tax. Let's see how that works out.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Oriental Park

the bush tax cuts expire at then end of 2010

if we are still in a recession / no growth era , do you think it makes sense to not at least extend them for another year , do you really want taxes to go up in a non growing economy?
Old 06-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Del Mar

You guys are hilarious. Obama, for better or worse, is like teflon. I thought this would be a one term presidency but in order to beat a sitting president you have to have a decent candidate with which to beat him regardless of the performance of said president. See George W. Bush 2004.

The republican party needs to take a long look in the mirror and regroup for a run in 2016. Perhaps by then they can come up with a viable candidate. The idea that there are still people in the party that have hopes of trotting out a marginalized Sarah Palin in 2012 shows the sad state of affairs.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
You guys are hilarious. Obama, for better or worse, is like teflon. I thought this would be a one term presidency but in order to beat a sitting president you have to have a decent candidate with which to beat him regardless of the performance of said president. See George W. Bush 2004.

The republican party needs to take a long look in the mirror and regroup for a run in 2016. Perhaps by then they can come up with a viable candidate. The idea that there are still people in the party that have hopes of trotting out a marginalized Sarah Palin in 2012 shows the sad state of affairs.
i always thought Hillary's biggest mistake was not running for president in '04

Bush was beatable and she could have gotten him that year considering that Kerry was right there against GW.

There's no doubt in mind that if Hillary had beaten Obama she would have been president

The Clinton's guessed wrong by not going for the jugular in '04
Old 06-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Oriental Park

further to that point my guess is that bill didn't forsee anyone coming out of the democratic side in 2003 to take the nomination away from his wife in 2008thus they rolled the dice and waited 4 yrs , maybe there biggest politcal blunder both of them made

so today it's 2009 , in 2012 some darkhorse could come out of the woodworks like Obama and challenge for and win the party's nomination
Old 06-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Gulfstream Park

Very true, dalakhani

Bush really did a number on the cons ... not to mention the economy.

Been hilarious watching them scramble around and lash out at BO since the embarrassing defeat last Nov

Palin-Jindal '12
Old 06-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:

i don't agree with this , Obama in 2005 would have been 1000/1 to win the presidencey , therefore someone can still win from the republican party in 2012 - theremaybe someone out there how comes in from the back of the pack like MTB did in the derby an leaves everybody stunned ...... who bet on Obama to win in '05 ,06, +07 - it was all Hillary Clinton , she was even money to win the nomination for a long time
Old 06-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Jerome Park

To be honest there is absolutely no way you can say Obama is made of teflon of not. If taxes go up, if the cap and trade is implemented, if 3 1/2 years from now the wars are worse or more countries are involved (north korea).. if the economy still sucks, and if the Stimulus doesnt work and inflation begins to happen.. there is no way Obama is re-elected.

Its pretty simple... If Obama policies work & the country is doing well, he gets re-elected, if his policies dont work and the country is doing worse, he is not re-elected... It doesnt really matter who runs against him. (unless Palin runs cause nobody likes her - but the chances of her winning the primary's are slim to non unless the Repubs really want to shoot themselves in the head).
Old 06-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
Then I guess the thread was worthy. And as I said I don't hate the Pres. I fear him!
I honestly don't care if you start 50 anti-Obama threads a day. There is certainly plenty to disagree about. As a leftist, I too disagree with him on several issues.
The thing that didn't make sense to me about this thread was that it is devoted to a particular line in a speech in which Obama was simply trying to emphasize to his audience that there is a large Muslim population in the United States. Given that, as you pointed out, there are over 6 million Muslims in the US, that seemed like a somewhat reasonable - if not terribly important - point. Making this point wasn't the main thing he was trying to accomplish in this trip, it was just one point in a speech. Why would he talk about how many Christians live in the country in this particular speech? Everybody already knows that, and it had nothing to do with his larger point.
I still fail to see how making that relatively simple and obvious point makes me an 'idiot,' but as you continue to demonstrate, you are entitled to your opinion.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Arlington Park

Personally I'd just like to know which country on earth has the largest percentage of atheists. That actually is something to brag about with pride.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
To be honest there is absolutely no way you can say Obama is made of teflon of not. If taxes go up, if the cap and trade is implemented, if 3 1/2 years from now the wars are worse or more countries are involved (north korea).. if the economy still sucks, and if the Stimulus doesnt work and inflation begins to happen.. there is no way Obama is re-elected.

Its pretty simple... If Obama policies work & the country is doing well, he gets re-elected, if his policies dont work and the country is doing worse, he is not re-elected... It doesnt really matter who runs against him. (unless Palin runs cause nobody likes her - but the chances of her winning the primary's are slim to non unless the Repubs really want to shoot themselves in the head).
History has shown you to be incorrect. There have been a lot of lousy two term presidents. It is all about the opposition. The last two bushes (no pun intended you freak! ) show the dichotomy.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2
Personally I'd just like to know which country on the earth has the largest percentage of atheists. That is something to actually brag about with pride.
It's only a guess but N. Korea? That's a country with a rich tradition of starvation and oppression. But maybe some like the taste of lawn.

I was wrong Sweeden is number one followed by Viet Nam

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us
Old 06-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
History has shown you to be incorrect. There have been a lot of lousy two term presidents. It is all about the opposition. The last two bushes (no pun intended you freak! ) show the dichotomy.

to be fair bush I lost because of ross perot more than bill clinotn's persona

ross's constant attacks on the defecit really hammered home a lot of points against bush i who thought he was a lock after the gulf war , but, that election was won because of bread and butter , the economy turned sour about 9 months before the election and clintion was aided by ross perot's constant attacks on the defecit and spending in washington