Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
you would lose that bet if I was the person in the same scenario.

Uncly..no one need to recite aloud.All anyone has to do is think openly and honestly to their own se'f..

I really think most people would do the same.

We all tend to hold other people to a higher morality set than we do for ourselves.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Uncly..no one need to recite aloud.All anyone has to do is think openly and honestly to their own se'f..

I really think most people would do the same.

We all tend to hold other people to a higher morality set than we do for ourselves.
Clyde, you are absolutely right....I like to think that put in the same situation, I would do the right thing, but those are empty words cause I'm not in the situation, words are easy, action sometimes not so much. A terrible crime has been committed and we all feel outrage, the guilty must answer for their actions, but if our system of laws means anything, we must also insure that more innocent folks don't suffer. Mob mentality never leads to just results, only reason and painstaking search for the truth does. If anyone on this board was in Paterno's shoes, they would expect to be judged based on facts not emotion and treated fairly not sacrificed on the alter of bloodlust.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Jerome Park

Fuc.k that Clyde.

I would have done the same if I was Jim Tressel and found out that my players were selling their jersey's (not report).

Raping 10 year old boys is in a whole different level. There is absolutely no way on earth I would have done the same thing as anyone in that organization did. From McDumbass to the school president. they should all live in shame the rest of their lives.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
Clyde, you are absolutely right....I like to think that put in the same situation, I would do the right thing, but those are empty words cause I'm not in the situation, words are easy, action sometimes not so much. A terrible crime has been committed and we all feel outrage, the guilty must answer for their actions, but if our system of laws means anything, we must also insure that more innocent folks don't suffer. Mob mentality never leads to just results, only reason and painstaking search for the truth does. If anyone on this board was in Paterno's shoes, they would expect to be judged based on facts not emotion and treated fairly not sacrificed on the alter of bloodlust.

if anyone on this nerdy trail board would have "swept it under the rug" like PSU did, than you are fucl<ing WEAK.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:

if anyone on this nerdy trail board would have "swept it under the rug" like PSU did, than you are fucl<ing WEAK.
Feel better? Your air of moral superiority is front and center.....and meaningless. Speaking hypothetically contributes nothing to the situation. A horrible crime has been committed and it is society's responsibility to get the facts and hold those responsible accountable. Puffing out one's chest and seeking a "pound of flesh" may make you feel better but don't mistake that for justice.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Feel better? Your air of moral superiority is front and center.....and meaningless. Speaking hypothetically contributes nothing to the situation. A horrible crime has been committed and it is society's responsibility to get the facts and hold those responsible accountable. Puffing out one's chest and seeking a "pound of flesh" may make you feel better but don't mistake that for justice.
you are one of a kind. thank god for that. or the "one", whatever the hell you call it.

your air of moral superiority smells like shi.t
Old 11-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Jerome Park

considering that somer was thrilled that Casey Anthony got away with murdering her own daughter, I am happy that my opinions differ from his (or her).

cause you know, child murderers and pedophiles have rights too.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Listen as he said it is not selling Jersey's it witnessing a MAN RAPING A KID. And not reporting it caused many more to be raped. Honestly if you don't think that you would report it or even have an iota of doubt then you have serious problems really serious.

Damar Hamlin
Old 11-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Saratoga

Quote:

Thank you sssssso much, my very good friend!

I have always admired your fine work as well.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Fuc.k that Clyde.

I would have done the same if I was Jim Tressel and found out that my players were selling their jersey's (not report).

Raping 10 year old boys is in a whole different level. There is absolutely no way on earth I would have done the same thing as anyone in that organization did. From McDumbass to the school president. they should all live in shame the rest of their lives.

Oh my God.

This place is hopeless.

Thank my lucky's death draws near.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Listen as he said it is not selling Jersey's it witnessing a MAN RAPING A KID. And not reporting it caused many more to be raped. Honestly if you don't think that you would report it or even have an iota of doubt then you have serious problems really serious.
I didn't say that, what I am saying is what I would or wouldn't do is irrelevant and patting myself on the back and claiming moral superiority is self-serving not productive. I find it interesting that folks resort to calling me the very thing that they demonstrate by their own words. Again, I would like to think that placed in a similar situation I would do the right thing...what does that mean and who cares? I'm not in the situation! If Paterno or anyone else did something wrong, let the professionals investigate and come up with evidence of wrongdoing, seems more productive than mindless gossip, name calling and resorting to a mob mentality of "lets get everybody regardless of their guilt or innocence".
Old 11-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Saratoga

Quote:

^^^^...from the guy who got sucked into the biggest dumb- off of all time.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I can see Danny now.

Tony comes home a little early...she's alarmed."Golden Goose..whoa!!...I mean Honey, what's wrong?"

"I turned in the owners son about pedophilia acts I saw."

''Good for you Honey! You are so brave and righteous!"

"Then I got fired."

"OH YOU FUCl<IN' MORON! THAT'S ABOUT THE STUPIDEST THING YOU EVER DID.YOU HAD TO BE THE GOOD SCOUT ABOUT IT...DIDN'T YOU? I HATE YOU!!"
The real life Morty scenario

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45222798/ns/us_news-life/
Old 11-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post

(I love accomplished seal trainers.)

kissykissykissykissy
Old 11-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
(I love accomplished seal trainers.)

kissykissykissykissy
Seal alert...7th race at Penn National tonight...only jockeys allowed to club seals in Grantville
Old 11-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
^^^^...from the guy who got sucked into the biggest dumb- off of all time.

^^^^ Charter and last remaining member of Jerry Sandusky fan-club.

Damar Hamlin
Old 11-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Saratoga

Quote:

^^^^ Charter and last remaining member of Jerry Sandusky fan-club.

And that is an example of how the nincompoop got sucked in.

I now turn this thread back over to the lynch mob.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Seal alert...7th race at Penn National tonight...only jockeys allowed to club seals in Grantville
!!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Santa Anita

clyde may be right. It is a position I have never been put in. We would all like to think we'd do the right thing. That's pretty much it. It's pure speculation as to whether we would or not. Personally if I was a boss and one of my employees said he saw a creepy retiree raping a child. I would tell my employee...."you need to call the police and tell them what you saw." I am pretty much certain I would not call the police in that scenario if I look at it honestly. I really didn't see anything. Of course no two scenarios are exactly alike. And this Penn State situation perhaps had a lot more involved and cover up than the situation I described.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
I can see Danny now.

Tony comes home a little early...she's alarmed."Golden Goose..whoa!!...I mean Honey, what's wrong?"

"I turned in the owners son about pedophilia acts I saw."

''Good for you Honey! You are so brave and righteous!"

"Then I got fired."

"OH YOU FUCl<IN' MORON! THAT'S ABOUT THE STUPIDEST THING YOU EVER DID.YOU HAD TO BE THE GOOD SCOUT ABOUT IT...DIDN'T YOU? I HATE YOU!!"

wrong. what sets me off quicker than anything is a child being mistreated. abused, worse. sexual assault-that's the absolute lowest of the low.

at any rate, the real criminal is sandusky. but others should and will lose their positions because they did nothing but stick their head in the sand. that behavior is unacceptable as well.