Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Flemington

Default Top 5 public Handicappers....

Boring Monday afternoon, figured it was time for a new Top 5 list. This list is ment to be totally serious, I put a lot of work into this.

1. Me- My brief stint as a blogger has to put me at #1 on this list. A long history of big scores, and devastatingly good insight have helped me secure this spot.

2. Doug- The Man, the myth, the legend.... Simply put, Doug is one of the best. If you dont believe me, YAHOO HIM.

3. Andy- The Face of NYRA, he takes strong stands and is very bold in his handicapping. At this rate, someday he could take the top spot from me.

4. Steve- This website says it all, his show is also great. I wanted to put Steve #1, but on a personal note he has darted me at least 6 times, so I just could not.

5. Nick Tammaro- His spot on capital otb website says it all. Virtual Nick is classic, If I ever want to see his face or hear his voice I go.... Everytime I ask him his opinion on a race he sends me there, he needs the "hits" so everyone reading this should go check it out.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post

3. Andy- The Face of NYRA, he takes strong stands and is very bold in his handicapping. At this rate, someday he could take the top spot from me.

4. Steve- This website says it all, his show is also great. I wanted to put Steve #1, but on a personal note he has darted me at least 6 times, so I just could not.
classic stuff
Old 06-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Boring Monday afternoon, figured it was time for a new Top 5 list. This list is ment to be totally serious, I put a lot of work into this.

1. Me- My brief stint as a blogger has to put me at #1 on this list. A long history of big scores, and devastatingly good insight have helped me secure this spot.

2. Doug- The Man, the myth, the legend.... Simply put, Doug is one of the best. If you dont believe me, YAHOO HIM.

5. Nick Tammaro- His spot on capital otb website says it all. Virtual Nick is classic, If I ever want to see his face or hear his voice I go.... Everytime I ask him his opinion on a race he sends me there, he needs the "hits" so everyone reading this should go check it out.
As far as I'm concerned, the list starts and stops at #1.

Nobody will ever duplicate the feat of building your own basement OTB and going 9 for 9 on the first day.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
As far as I'm concerned, the list starts and stops at #1.

Nobody will ever duplicate the feat of building your own basement OTB and going 9 for 9 on the first day.
The basment otb stuff is crap, take the adresses and mapquest it, I used to live 2 min walking distance from otb. Anyone in my area can tell you, you guys just all hated me back then.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Churchill Downs

The football picks are what separate RHT from the rest of the pack. Who cares about Aqu when you can wager on the Independence Bowl.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
The basment otb stuff is crap, take the adresses and mapquest it, I used to live 2 min walking distance from otb. Anyone in my area can tell you, you guys just all hated me back then.
You mean, you really really did not build your own OTB??

What next? You didn't really go 9 for 9?????

I'm so naive!
Old 06-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruth View Post
The football picks are what separate RHT from the rest of the pack. Who cares about Aqu when you can wager on the Independence Bowl.
He was the goose that laid the golden egg this past bowl season.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
He was the goose that laid the golden egg this past bowl season.
I sucked, I am man enough to admit it. I have gone 9-9, but not like 9 winners on top... I hit both pick 4's at Aqueduct one day and had a win bet in the first, maybe you cant consider that 9-9.

Can we please stick to discussing the list?
Old 06-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Dee Tee Stables

what else is there to discuss? great list.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
what else is there to discuss? great list.
Thanks, I try.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Oriental Park

PG,
Can you ask Doug a question for me? If not for the presence of Zenyatta, how many of these California Grade I stakes would be in serious trouble with having their grading lowered because of the quality of the rest of he field. I ask because Doug's breakdown of the fields would interest many of us. Great list! Thanks in advance.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
PG,
Can you ask Doug a question for me? If not for the presence of Zenyatta, how many of these California Grade I stakes would be in serious trouble with having their grading lowered because of the quality of the rest of he field. I ask because Doug's breakdown of the fields would interest many of us. Great list! Thanks in advance.
Ill copy past this to his FB now.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Monmouth Park

Jimmy The Hat says he is the best. Just ask him.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Flemington

Quote:

Joseph, thank you for the early Father's Day gift becuase that's what this list is. Pure Gold! And thanks to Steve for reinstating you........again. Without him this gem wouldn't be possible.

As far as the list goes, Congrats to the guys who made it. Maybe if you guys strive hard enough, one of you can dethrone the champ and be number 1 next year or moth or week or whenever the new rankings take place.

Side note for you Joseph, Probably shouldn't have brought up the brief (it was probably even briefer than that) stint as a blogger . But congratulations on naming yourself number one as you truely are the best. I'm sure Brad Thomas is sitting at a computer utterly devestated somewhere.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
As far as the list goes, Congrats to the guys who made it. Maybe if you guys strive hard enough, one of you can dethrone the champ and be number 1 next year or moth or week or whenever the new rankings take place.
Though in all fairness to myself, I'm only about a length combined away from having a positive ROI thanks to more than a couple nasty beats at 5-1 and 6-1, I thought surely my "Value Play" ROI of $1.27 through the first six weeks of the Arlington meet would qualify me for at least 5th here.

Hopefully this list gets revisited sometime later this summer when I will, fingers crossed, get a chance to go toe to toe with the champ.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer View Post
Though in all fairness to myself, I'm only about a length combined away from having a positive ROI thanks to more than a couple nasty beats at 5-1 and 6-1, I thought surely my "Value Play" ROI of $1.27 through the first six weeks of the Arlington meet would qualify me for at least 5th here.

Hopefully this list gets revisited sometime later this summer when I will, fingers crossed, get a chance to go toe to toe with the champ.
Brian, if this list was top 7, you would be in. You did cross my mind for 5th, but you dont have Virtual Brian, fully equipped with sound.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Idlewild Airport

Byk's charity knows know bounds. The least you could do would be to put him at number 2, but you couldn't let your man-crush of Doug be affected....shame.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
Byk's charity knows know bounds. The least you could do would be to put him at number 2, but you couldn't let your man-crush of Doug be affected....shame.
I love Steve, and even though he has darted me at least 6 times, he has also let me back. Its just hard to get past the memorys of all those times I attempted to log in, and I was brought to that horrible YOUR GONE PAGE. Like I said a while back, I live FEARING THE DART.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
PG,
Here is Dougs response....

I think it's a tricky question because the graded stakes committee is capable of doing surprising things without logic from time to time. I suppose the Clement Hirsch at Del Mar .. it was a Grade 2 when Zenyatta beat Model two years ago - it was raised to Grade 1 status last year and Zenyatta beat ...

I guess he has more....

a lot of the Grade 1 races out West in which Zenyatta has beaten weak competition in have GREAT history to them. They are the kind of races that can survive a few years of mediocre winners and still hold status even if Zenyatta wasn't around to clown the nags
Old 06-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Churchill Downs

I'm shocked that RHT did not consider this guy. Perhaps RHT did, but then he realized that it would be intellectually dishonest not to put him in the top spot, so he didn't even bother mentioning him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvXHVMHdCxg