Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Not over in a 1 score game until the gun sounds. Two words. Joe Pisarcik.
exactly. it would have been bush league if the giants had been winning by 10 or more points.

Game does not end until there is no time left on the clock.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Jerome Park

I personally dont mind that the cornerbacks are getting to play old school football because the replacement refs suck so bad.

I prefer old school football.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Obviously I'm biased. Didn't even know something happened until I got home (ran out after the Boley interception) but I thought it was bush league and very amateur. It's not like they were pinned inside the one. Tampa had no timeouts left, the game was over. I hope someone gives Freeman a needless shot in the upcoming weeks for no reason, because thats all it was to Manning and the Giants O-line. But honestly I'm not suprised. I have always thought that Schiano was a douche during his Rutgers days. This is just another reason for me to root against him and hope he falls flat on his face
Of course it was bush league.

I get it, he's trying to change the mentality in Tampa. But with plays like that? As you alluded to, now his QB is going to get his....and you he eventually will, the Giants aren't going to forget it.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
exactly. it would have been bush league if the giants had been winning by 10 or more points.

Game does not end until there is no time left on the clock.
The Bucs actually had a time out left, so why didn't Schiano call it if he's so gung ho on playing it to the end? There was still 3 seconds on the clock when Eli went to the ground.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Of course it was bush league.

I get it, he's trying to change the mentality in Tampa. But with plays like that? As you alluded to, now his QB is going to get his....and you he eventually will, the Giants aren't going to forget it.
Cat's out of the bag now, because everyone else in the NFL will be ready for this. In the long run all he did was jeopardize his own guys.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
The Bucs actually had a time out left, so why didn't Schiano call it if he's so gung ho on playing it to the end? There was still 3 seconds on the clock when Eli went to the ground.
you should never leave a time out in the bag unless you are winning and want the clock to run out.

Miracle in the Meadowlands part I

you never know what can happen, quitting is stupid.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Jerome Park

much more interesting coaching decision from this weekend.

Ravens are up 20-17 with about 5:30 left to play and are driving. In field goal range.

3rd and long comes up... Ravens throw a short pass and are stopped a few yards short of the first down... around the 20 yard line. So it would be 4th and 2 or 3, around a 37 yard FG try.

Turns out Ravens were called for holding on 3rd down, taking the ball 10 yards back (still in FG range, btw... still would have been a 47 yard FG and the kicker had already made 2 over 50 yards in the game).

Andy Reid accepted the penality. I was furious, why give the other team a chance to get a first down, run more time down, and possible score a TD to make it a two score game???? especially when you already have them held to no more than a FG, on 4th down.... and the penalty did NOT take them out of FG range. I said right there.. if the Ravens get a first down and end up scoring a TD, Reid needs to be fired on the spot.

So what happens on 3rd and 17 or so? We get called for a roughing the passer penalty, and First Down Ravens, at the 20.

Two plays later... Flacco throws a TD pass that was controversally called Offensive PI.. thankfully.. most refs dont make that call. Eagles... specifically Reid, got very lucky and were bailed out by the refs.

Things worked out, but Flacco should have NEVER been given that opportunity by Reid to throw that TD pass.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Flemington

Quote:
you should never leave a time out in the bag unless you are winning and want the clock to run out.

Miracle in the Meadowlands part I

you never know what can happen, quitting is stupid.
I could buy it if the were backed up inside the 5.
But there is nothing that you can say to make me think it was nothing more than a bush league cheap shot maneuver. The fact that he didn't call his other TO, re-enforces that to me.

Joe Pisarcik is the one exception to the rule (and besides they were running a play and not kneeling on the ball) That's probably the only time in NFL history something like that has and will happen. Plus they didn't line up in the formation below.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
I could buy it if the were backed up inside the 5.
But there is nothing that you can say to make me think it was nothing more than a bush league cheap shot maneuver. The fact that he didn't call his other TO, re-enforces that to me.

Joe Pisarcik is the one exception to the rule (and besides they were running a play and not kneeling on the ball) That's probably the only time in NFL history something like that has and will happen. Plus they didn't line up in the formation below.
Actually the play before the fumble was a kneel down. Since the Giants saw the bull-rushing on the kneel down, and called for a play.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Jerome Park

I'm all for competition until the final whistle. Plus.. extra shots on the Giants just makes me happy.

If the other team has more than an 8 point lead, it is definately a cheap shot then.

Just because you dont think lightening will strike twice, doesnt mean you shouldnt try and make it happen.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Flemington

Quote:
I'm all for competition until the final whistle. Plus.. extra shots on the Giants just makes me happy.

If the other team has more than an 8 point lead, it is definately a cheap shot then.

Just because you dont think lightening will strike twice, doesnt mean you shouldnt try and make it happen.
You know what makes me happy? Thinking how Bigs screwed you when you parred the two hardest holes in Tampa.................
Old 09-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
You know what makes me happy? Thinking how Bigs screwed you when you parred the two hardest holes in Tampa.................
yeah that was fucl<ed up!!!

Double Bogeys should never cut skins.

Whatev.. dont be jealous that the Eagles are winning the NFC east this year. I am jealous, on the other hand, of all your rings.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Flemington

Quote:
(1) yeah that was fucl<ed up!!!

(2) Double Bogeys should never cut skins.

Whatev.. (3)dont be jealous that the Eagles are winning the NFC east this year.
(4) I am jealous, on the other hand, of all your rings.
(1)

(2)

(3)

(4)
Old 09-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
^^^Not germane to the NFL discussion.

Quote:
yeah that was fucl<ed up!!!

Double Bogeys should never cut skins.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
^^^Not germane to the NFL discussion.
Really Bigs?

ger·mane   /dʒərˈmeɪn/ Show Spelled[jer-meyn]
adjective
1. closely or significantly related; relevant; pertinent: Please keep your statements germane to the issue.
2. Obsolete . closely related.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Jerome Park

here I thought bigs was reffering to my German heritage lol