Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Goodwood

Felix Hernandez is perfect through 9 vs the anemic Rays bats.

*hoping to mush*

Last edited by Bigsmc : 08-15-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Flemington

Wow, struck out the side in the 8th.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Flemington

Perfect!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Flemington

He fell behind Sean Rodriguez the 27th batter 2-0 and threw maybe the nastiest slider ever. Followed by a ridiculous curve and then painted the corner with a fastball. He was absolutely lights out, unhittable.
Thanks for letting me know Bigs.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:09 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
Felix Hernandez is perfect through 9 vs the anemic Rays bats.

*hoping to mush*
Nice reverse mush!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Goodwood

The Rays feed didn't go to commercial before the ninth. Instead, they showed a reel of the first 24 outs. Kudos to them for recognizing the moment and kicking the sponsors to the curb for one break.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
Nice reverse mush!
Do you even know what sport we are talking about?
Old 08-15-2012, 05:32 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Do you even know what sport we are talking about?
Soccer?

I don't need to be a baseball expert to know when a mush attempt turns into a reverse mushing. Seen it way too many times before.

Last edited by golfer : 08-15-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:49 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1137343

I don't care much for Victor Conte, but it's hard to imagine there's anyone on the planet who knows more about this subject?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:10 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1137343

I don't care much for Victor Conte, but it's hard to imagine there's anyone on the planet who knows more about this subject?
Nothing new regarding testosterone (see Landis, Floyd). Just like anything else, atheletes (or horse trainers) are going to push the envelope. Most are smart enough to stay below the testing limits. Some, make mistakes or are dumb enough to get caught.

Anyone who believes most atheletes are clean, aren't taking every advantage and pushing the testing envelope, are naive.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Belmont Park

At what point do you think the Rays take an honest look at Derek Shelton (the Rays hitting coach)?

They've been no-hit what, like 3 times since he's been here?

They consistently struggle with hitting, players that come in (Re: Scott, Keppinger, Reynolds, Matsuki, etc.) come in on a tear, and go ice cold within two weeks.

Of course I realize the payroll isn't that of some of the bigger markets, but they were hitting better with worse scrubs in the late 90's - where there's smoke .....
Old 08-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Goodwood

You can't make this shi t up. Wow.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/82...se-report-says
Old 08-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Flemington

Bye-bye Bartolo............................

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/82...lb-drug-policy
Old 08-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Hialeah Park

Looks like my buddy and I will be collecting when the Nats win the NL East this year!! Bet $50 each on the Nats and Marlins to win NL East. We laughed to each other when the Phils were 1/2 to win the division, and 2.25/1 to win the NL. We might've been the only guys in Philly with realistic expectations of our team before the season started. You need your head checked if you were to bet the Phils at those prices, esp with the other teams getting markedly better and the Phils practically standing still.

Phillies are one thing, but you wouldn't catch us DEAD betting against our Birds! Foles for President 2016!!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Looks like my buddy and I will be collecting when the Nats win the NL East this year!! Bet $50 each on the Nats and Marlins to win NL East. We laughed to each other when the Phils were 1/2 to win the division, and 2.25/1 to win the NL. We might've been the only guys in Philly with realistic expectations of our team before the season started. You need your head checked if you were to bet the Phils at those prices, esp with the other teams getting markedly better and the Phils practically standing still.

Phillies are one thing, but you wouldn't catch us DEAD betting against our Birds! Foles for President 2016!!
Too bad for you Mikey, you guys would have really cleaned up betting last year against the dream team .
Old 08-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Too bad for you Mikey, you guys would have really cleaned up betting against the dream team last year.
eh, i would rather burn my house to the ground than bet against my football team. It's funny how people actually took a backup's idiotic attempt to garner some buzz and ran with it, but not nary a mention of Vick saying we have the potential to be a dynasty. People are selective I suppose..
Old 08-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
eh, i would rather burn my house to the ground than bet against my football team. It's funny how people actually took a backup's idiotic attempt to garner some buzz and ran with it, but not nary a mention of Vick saying we have the potential to be a dynasty. People are selective I suppose..
I think alot of teams have potential (maybe a dynasty is a bit of a stretch). But Dream teams aren't supposed to flop (although they did get rolling late last season).
Old 08-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Bye-bye Bartolo............................

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/82...lb-drug-policy
You gotta love the MLB spin doctors telling you that catching Melky and Bart shows us that the PED policy is working.

That's akin to horse racing saying we've caught Zaidie and Dutrow, proof positive that the drug testing is working and the sport is clean.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:49 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I find it pretty amazing that Ryan Braun was able to avoid a suspension while three guys from the Dominican (Ramirez, Colon, Cabrera) and Marlon Byrd could not.

In any event, not to go all Skip Bayless on you guys, but if folks believe that there aren't a lot more guys out there who are using PED's (Braun included), then I have some great property in Antarctica I'd like to sell you.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I find it pretty amazing that Ryan Braun was able to avoid a suspension while three guys from the Dominican (Ramirez, Colon, Cabrera) and Marlon Byrd could not.

In any event, not to go all Skip Bayless on you guys, but if folks believe that there aren't a lot more guys out there who are using PED's (Braun included), then I have some great property in Antarctica I'd like to sell you.
Braun avoided a suspension on a technical issue not because MLB likes white jewish guys. Obviously MLB has learned from its mistakes in the Braun case.

Plus you forgot that noted slugger Freddy Galvis who also got 50.