Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
Oh yeah brilliant work.

So when is Morty going to make your son a non-bastard?
My son was never a bastard.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
Doug Collins maybe. Maybe Bill Laimbeer. Maybe this is why Laimbeer just up and quit on the Detroit WNBA team like that.
Poor Curry never had a chance. As close to a sacrificial lamb as you can get in sports. Not to say that he was any good but really how do we know?

I like the moves. Laimbeer would be an interesting choice.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
Poor Curry never had a chance. As close to a sacrificial lamb as you can get in sports. Not to say that he was any good but really how do we know?

I like the moves. Laimbeer would be an interesting choice.
I think the move of sending Hamilton to the bench is what did him in. I think he could have been forgiven for the record. Everyone knew once they made the trade for Iverson that it was a move for the future and that they were hoping that they could stay competitive while re-tooling. The Hamilton deal though, I think that is what brought this to an end. This move though to bring in the new guys, this is what I have been expecting. They weren't going to do anything with Billups this year and this way, they get to move back into the top half of the conference without having to really bottom out. Without making that move, they wouldn't be in the position to get these guys and improve.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 07-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:

I like the moves.
why?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
I think the move of sending Hamilton to the bench is what did him in.
Yeah, you don't come in as a new coach with a veteran team and then go after the most respected veteran. Even Mike Singletary went after Vernon Davis who was a lazy ultratalented punk and all of his teammates knew it. If Singletary came in and went after Isaac Bruce, Walt Harris, or Takeo Spikes does anyone think that wouldn't have backfired on him? And he was Mike fricken Singletary.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Yeah, you don't come in as a new coach with a veteran team and then go after the most respected veteran. Even Mike Singletary went after Vernon Davis who was a lazy ultratalented punk and all of his teammates knew it. If Singletary came in and went after Isaac Bruce, Walt Harris, or Takeo Spikes does anyone think that wouldn't have backfired on him? And he was Mike fricken Singletary.
There is no way that that move wasn't signed off on by Dumars. They did him a favor by firing him because I can't possibly see how the two guys they signed are going to do much other than tie up a lot of money for a long time. Gordon is a one dimensional shooter and CV is Derrick Coleman light. Realistically those two replaced AI and Rasheed. Not exactly a huge move up nor does it get them out of the first round.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:04 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
why?
I like the moves because they are realistic. They Know they have a better chance of getting mickey mouse to suit up and play in motown than they do of getting wade, bosh or lebron.

Villanueva will turn 25 this year and he averaged 16 and 7 in 27 minutes a game. What do you mean with the derrick coleman thing? On top of that, you get him for slightly more than the anticipated midlevel exception.

Gordon can score with anyone in the league. I think this could signal a move to trade hamilton or stuckey.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:38 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Oh yeah brilliant work.

So when is Morty going to make your son a non-bastard?

sorry coach... usually what you say is funny... but that was low and uncalled for.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I like the moves because they are realistic. They Know they have a better chance of getting mickey mouse to suit up and play in motown than they do of getting wade, bosh or lebron.

Villanueva will turn 25 this year and he averaged 16 and 7 in 27 minutes a game. What do you mean with the derrick coleman thing? On top of that, you get him for slightly more than the anticipated midlevel exception.

Gordon can score with anyone in the league. I think this could signal a move to trade hamilton or stuckey.
There are other players that will be available other than those three. While there is nothing wrong individually with Gordon or CV they are huge defensive liabilities and strange fits for a team without an identity. Trading Hamilton is not going to be easy with his contract, the trend of everyone cutting expenses and the needs of serious contenders. Derrick Coleman was a talented offensive player who routinely took weeks off of playing with any intensity. CV is a similar player. He is a good scoring big man but doesn't give you much other than that. For $40 million I would want a bit more especially with a team that has some issues in the frontcourt.

If they were signing with a team with a big star who is an undisputed top dog like Kobe or Lebron or a team with a strong head coach like Jackson or Sloan maybe I would feel like they had a chance to be more successful. But Detroit isnt not much better than they were last year with them and that isn't nearly good enough.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
sorry coach... usually what you say is funny... but that was low and uncalled for.

Uncly..you are back in my good graces.

I,too, was disappointed to see this as Laura and Justin don't deserve it.She has had a tough road and has handled it admirably ;doubleplusgood.

Anyhoo,as far as CoachPanties goes.....

Get rid of him.

Got me?
Old 07-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Santa Anita

Everyone else....shut your big mouths.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirlintexas
Uncly..you are back in my good graces.

I,too, was disappointed to see this as Laura and Justin don't deserve it.She has had a tough road and has handled it admirably ;doubleplusgood.

Anyhoo,as far as CoachPanties goes.....

Get rid of him.

Got me?
Yes and bring back Police Academy 14 where the guy who makes funny noises posts under his internet girlfriend's handle.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Yes and bring back Police Academy 14 where the guy who makes funny noises posts under his internet girlfriend's handle.
Then it shouldn't bother you.

When I start posting under your girlfriend's name....that should bother you.

I guess it would bother GenuineCrazyLady,too....but who cares?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirlintexas
Then it shouldn't bother you.

When I start posting under your girlfriend's name....that should bother you.

I guess it would bother GenuineCrazyLady,too....but who cares?
But see... the joke doesn't work this time because you actually have an internet girlfriend. Which is pretty much on par with committing suicide because Michael Jackson died.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
But see... the joke doesn't work this time because you actually have an internet girlfriend. Which is pretty much on par with committing suicide because Michael Jackson died.

How can it be "internet" when we are sitting here together?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:37 AM
pgardn

Quote:
What the heck is wrong with finding someone
you have something in common with over the internet
and then meeting them?

Oh yes.
Those DT reunions are so lame.
By the looks of thing they have
had some really pitiful times.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
and then meeting them?

Oh yes.

I'm still crying myself to sleep every night because you wont be at the Whitney in Saratoga.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:

Read of things written by the great writers of the deep,who wrote of things many puny Earthlings as yourself do not see because you merely look... superficially.

Your barbs don't really work at this venue...where we are in space and time,always.

The protective shield of Walden surrounds it....your distaste for where we are paints you into the darkness where many others vomit along to the discordant tunes of modern day blasphemy; and try to pass it to others elevated from it all.

Just thayin'.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
and then meeting them?

Oh yes.
!!!!OOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Coach Pants

The fact that you need encouragement from Darden for your weird relationship speaks volumes about how far you have fallen.

And the post you made about your internet love being something other than desperation was good for a laugh. Well done.