Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Jerome Park

I expect Coach pants to email them all with a hundred dollar bill picture with blockatail featured in the middle of it.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Louisiana Downs

Keeneland also has no night simulcasting which can be a huge pain especially on friday nights for Hollywood...
Old 06-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
I expect Coach pants to email them all with a hundred dollar bill picture with blockatail featured in the middle of it.
Good call
Old 06-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Bank
Sorry,but The Keeneland simulcast operation is one of the worst I have ever been to.They do not carry a lot of tracks,there are tons of mexican two and three year old children screaming and running around all over the place,They need more SAM machines,and they are closed on Monday and Tuesday.And it gets even worse during the live meet.Every other place I have been in the U.S. is open 7 days a week.Keeneland does NOT cater to the simulcast player at all.I'd drive to Churchill any day instead of going to Keeneland for a day of simulcast play.The only thing they have that is cool is drive thru betting.
You've obviously never been to an NYCOTB parlor, aka "cell block 6"!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Fairgrounds

Nope,and I don't plan on it either,Although I have been to Scarborough Downs
Old 06-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Keeneland

Default Update from KEEP

From KEEP today:

Quote:
Dear Friend:

The fight is NOT over. There will be a HORSE INDUSTRY RALLY to share what information we have and where we go from here. Gov. Steve Beshear and Speaker Greg Stumbo will be in attendance to share their thoughts as well.

The event will be at the Keeneland Sales Pavilion in Lexington Tomorrow Night (6/24) at 6:30 pm.

We need to ensure the best crowd possible and are encouraging everyone to get the word out, to come and bring as many people as possible with you.

Lets stand strong and gather in support of our industry. Come see what YOU can do in the coming weeks and months.

We look forward to seeing you tomorrow, Wednesday Night at the Keeneland Sales Pavilion.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 06-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Goodwood

My friend wrote a damn good blog entry today that I'd like to share.

http://lovingtheracehorse.com/2009/0...originate.aspx
Old 06-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
From KEEP today:
Ellis Park sent that e-mail with a nice farewell attached to it...

Quote:
As most of you know, House Bill 2 in support of VLT’s at Kentucky racetracks did not pass

the Senate on Monday, June 22. This means 2009 will be the final racing season for

Ellis Park. However, we want to sincerely thank you for all the calls and emails to the

legislature. Because the legislature is still in session, we would like to continue to show

support for the other Kentucky tracks and keep you informed of the efforts of KEEP

(please see the information below). We look forward to having you join us for our final

racing season.
I'm having a hard time believing Ellis will shut down. I think Geary needs to sell it at a loss and not be a douche and hold onto it.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Keeneland

I wish we could hold down the legislators and force them to listen to Steve's show today.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 06-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
I wish we could hold down the legislators and force them to listen to Steve's show today.
Are you friggin nuts these folks didn't commit murder thay shouldn't be subject to cruel and inhumane tortue. Geez Riot have a heart. Next you are going to suggest the eat Carolina BBQ while having to listen to Byk. Think about that horror show