Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Oriental Park

and like i said hillary proably would have beaten GWB in '04 in my opinon , that stiff kerry was the best they could do and he almost won

the clinton's blew there chance in '04
Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
History has shown you to be incorrect. There have been a lot of lousy two term presidents. It is all about the opposition. The last two bushes (no pun intended you freak! ) show the dichotomy.

Okay so I'll give you that Palin would probably equal Kerry as far as horrible opposition. Obama could sell us to China in the next four years and may still beat Palin.

But if the Repubs are smart, a Tim Pawlenty/Mitt Romney could seriously challange Obama, and if Obama's policies fail, then we would most likely win.

And you meant W's two term presidency right, cause Bush Sr. was a one term guy.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Oriental Park

it does matter who runs , there is no question about that , but , a star could come from the clouds in 3 yrs - we just witnessed it last year , who ever thoguht hillary was not going to get the nomination
Old 06-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
to be fair bush I lost because of ross perot more than bill clinotn's persona

ross's constant attacks on the defecit really hammered home a lot of points against bush i who thought he was a lock after the gulf war , but, that election was won because of bread and butter , the economy turned sour about 9 months before the election and clintion was aided by ross perot's constant attacks on the defecit and spending in washington
The economy was actually stabilized by the time the election came about. Clinton owned bush in the debates and ran a campaign that was light years beyond what the Conservatives had seen and they were left flat footed. Attributing clinton's success in that election to Perot is not giving necessary credit where it is due.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
It's only a guess but N. Korea? That's a country with a rich tradition of starvation and oppression. But maybe some like the taste of lawn.

I was wrong Sweeden is number one followed by Viet Nam

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

It will be good once America starts to move up that list.

I mean religion really doesnt matter until people use it to spew hate. The religious Americans who are heard the LOUDEST, unfortuanatly are using it to spew hatred. While I dont believe the majority of Christians are like this.. the ones who are being heard are. Kind of like Muslims, (obviously to a much lesser degree.. except in the recent abortion doctor killing.. that was a terrorist act) only a small minority are extreme.. they are just the one's heard the most.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
Okay so I'll give you that Palin would probably equal Kerry as far as horrible opposition. Obama could sell us to China in the next four years and may still beat Palin.

But if the Repubs are smart, a Tim Pawlenty/Mitt Romney could seriously challange Obama, and if Obama's policies fail, then we would most likely win.

And you meant W's two term presidency right, cause Bush Sr. was a one term guy.
Romney? I always thought that would be an interesting sell to the **** stompers in the midwest. A mormon president. Hmmmmm. Tough sell to the bible belt.

Pawlenty is another typical white guy. There is nothing "sexy" about him. You arent going to beat Obama and oprah winfrey with tim pawlenty and it doesnt matter if Obama tries to make Arabic studies a requirement for elementary school.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
It will be good once America starts to move up that list.

I mean religion really doesnt matter until people use it to spew hate. The religious Americans who are heard the LOUDEST, unfortuanatly are using it to spew hatred. While I dont believe the majority of Christians are like this.. the ones who are being heard are. Kind of like Muslims, (obviously to a much lesser degree.. except in the recent abortion doctor killing.. that was a terrorist act) only a small minority are extreme.. they are just the one's heard the most.

Using obama logic and overall numbers you'll be proud to know we rank 7th in the world overall. Interesting that for every American Muslim there are between 3 and 9 agnostics. Maybe he can use that fact when he visits China.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Romney? I always thought that would be an interesting sell to the **** stompers in the midwest. A mormon president. Hmmmmm. Tough sell to the bible belt.

Pawlenty is another typical white guy. There is nothing "sexy" about him. You arent going to beat Obama and oprah winfrey with tim pawlenty and it doesnt matter if Obama tries to make Arabic studies a requirement for elementary school.

I meant them both on one ticket...

It's really up to Obama & his policies. If they work out (which I hope they do because our future rides on it)... he's a lock. Jesus and buddah could run against him and lose.

If his policies fail (and his honeymoon period will wear off soon).. than I could really see a Pawlenty/Romney ticket winning. It would be nice if Repubs could look past the Morman thing.. it makes no difference whether he's a Catholic, Bhuddist or agnostic, the man really know's his economics.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
Using obama logic and overall numbers you'll be proud to know we rank 7th in the world overall. Interesting that for every American Muslim there are between 3 and 9 agnostics. Maybe he can use that fact when he visits China.

actually if you use 6,000,000 as the amount of Muslims in the country (which you previously posted)... that equates to exactly 2% of the population... not less than 1%..
Old 06-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
The economy was actually stabilized by the time the election came about. Clinton owned bush in the debates and ran a campaign that was light years beyond what the Conservatives had seen and they were left flat footed. Attributing clinton's success in that election to Perot is not giving necessary credit where it is due.
20mm votes to a third party was pretty significant , i'm not saying clinton didn't run a good campaign , he did , and to say the economy was stablized at the time is debeatable - carvelle and step. to this day say "it's the economy stupid" as they key campaign slogan that pushed the mover the top

we will never know if bill would have beat gw I - mano a mano - those 20mm votes were very important
Old 06-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
actually if you use 6,000,000 as the amount of Muslims in the country (which you previously posted)... that equates to exactly 2% of the population... not less than 1%..
at least BO taught me there is a country named Burkina Faso. I have to go try to make someone's day by serving them a subpoena. Check back later....
Old 06-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
20mm votes to a third party was pretty significant , i'm not saying clinton didn't run a good campaign , he did , and to say the economy was stablized at the time is debeatable - carvelle and step. to this day say "it's the economy stupid" as they key campaign slogan that pushed the mover the top

we will never know if bill would have beat gw I - mano a mano - those 20mm votes were very important
and Gore lost because of Nader...and..the Supreme Court, but that's another thread
Old 06-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
I meant them both on one ticket...

It's really up to Obama & his policies. If they work out (which I hope they do because our future rides on it)... he's a lock. Jesus and buddah could run against him and lose.

If his policies fail (and his honeymoon period will wear off soon).. than I could really see a Pawlenty/Romney ticket winning. It would be nice if Repubs could look past the Morman thing.. it makes no difference whether he's a Catholic, Bhuddist or agnostic, the man really know's his economics.
But he doesnt have an ounce of charisma...and he's mormon. You put him and pawlenty on a ticket and it wouldnt matter if they caught obama downtown with a crackpipe in his mouth in the middle of the greatest depression...those guys would lose.

Republicans sold out to the Bible thumpers a long time ago. It won them a couple of elections but at the end of the day it is part of the reason they are in such disarray. They have to take a long look in the mirror. They desperately need a "rebrand". Trotting out two uppity white guys with no charisma is exactly what the country is going away from.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
and Gore lost because of Nader...and..the Supreme Court, but that's another thread

gore lost because his own party approved the ballot in palm beach county , the ballot that was hard to distinguish between gore / buchanan

fact is the economy was in great shape in '00 like it was in '88 when gw i won over dukakis , gore should have walked it shouldn't have come down to what it did , he should have won by open lengths
Old 06-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
But he doesnt have an ounce of charisma...and he's mormon. You put him and pawlenty on a ticket and it wouldnt matter if they caught obama downtown with a crackpipe in his mouth in the middle of the greatest depression...those guys would lose.

Republicans sold out to the Bible thumpers a long time ago. It won them a couple of elections but at the end of the day it is part of the reason they are in such disarray. They have to take a long look in the mirror. They desperately need a "rebrand". Trotting out two uppity white guys with no charisma is exactly what the country is going away from.

I guess we'll see in a couple years.

We can just agree to disagree that President Obama is untouchable.

I'm hoping that he's re-elected in 3 1/2 years because that means his policies are working and our country is succeeding.

By the way I havent told you lately that I you dala!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
gore lost because his own party approved the ballot in palm beach county , the ballot that was hard to distinguish between gore / buchanan

fact is the economy was in great shape in '00 like it was in '88 when gw i won over dukakis , gore should have walked it shouldn't have come down to what it did , he should have won by open lengths
Look how many votes Nader got in FLA..your point is valid, but no Nader = Gore victory
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0876793.html
Old 06-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
Look how many votes Nader got in FLA..your point is valid, but no Nader = Gore victory
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0876793.html
again i don't disagree with that , but , in the final analysis from 2000 , the bigger picture that is never talked about was how great the country did under clinton for 8 yrs ..... whoever got the nomination should have walked/jogged never even have to go the whip to beat a republican ... right or wrong? the economy was still humming along and we were at peace no??
Old 06-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
again i don't disagree with that , but , in the final analysis from 2000 , the bigger picture that is never talked about was how great the country did under clinton for 8 yrs ..... whoever got the nomination should have walked/jogged never even have to go the whip to beat a republican ... right or wrong? the economy was still humming along and we were at peace no??
yep..should have been a cake walk
Old 06-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:

Eggzactly. That's why the republicans are going to bust a Colin Powell/Karl Malone ticket on that ass.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Gulfstream Park

Condi Rice - 50 Cent ... 2012