Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Love the Hebrew Hammer as much as you but what do you make of the Mets contention that "How did synthetic Testosterone get in is urine sample?" Your response is kind of lame and totally ignores the contention of the Mets players.
The Mets players should be asking where to get some
Old 02-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
So you are you saying it was tampered with because a degraded sample doesnt produce a positive for synthetic testosterone.
Yes I believe it was tampered with. The collector passed over 10 fedex locations on his way home and there is one open 24 hours in milwaukee. When u have a simple job to do like this the 2 logical reasons why you would have handled it this way was to either tamper with it or you are incredibly lazy and bad at your job. If you listen to the way braun spoke about this from day 1 he is either the best liar on the planet or he is telling the truth and the sample was tampered with. I will give him the benefit of the doubt based on his numbers, appearance, his own words and the poor handling of the only sample that has ever had high levels of synthetic testosterone. Braun is great for the game and the city of milwaukee. Plays hard, MVP numbers consistently, outstanding in the playoffs and was willing to take a long term deal with a small market team
Old 02-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
So you are you saying it was tampered with because a degraded sample doesnt produce a positive for synthetic testosterone.
Latest rumor is that the collector Dino Lorenzi( not sure on spelling of his name) is a Cubs fan. Also the levels of syntethic testosterone were so high that makes this seem like it was tampered with. Should get interesting with the release of the arbitrators report today
Old 05-09-2012, 11:48 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but Josh Hamilton is a freak.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I'm just reading this thread now. LOL at folks really believing the poor sample collector somehow tampered with Ryan Braun's urine sample.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Let's revisit this in July. I think he struggles with everyone, that is not a Brewer fan, taunting him and throwing syringes at him. He doesn't have Fielder to protect him and he has a lot of extra pressure. He had a career year last year that would have been hard to duplicate any way. I say his numbers drop by at least 25%.
Take a look at Braun's numbers so far in 2012. Not too shabby with no help around him

.331 average 11 hrs, 28 RBI's .402 OBP

Ramirez behind him is batting .218
weeks infront .154, morgan infront .214

So much for his numbers dropping. Anyone still think he was juicing?
Old 05-21-2012, 01:50 PM

*raises hand*

I sure do. Then again, I've never believed the Palmeiros and Contadors of the world when they tried to explain away their positives.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
*raises hand*

I sure do. Then again, I've never believed the Palmeiros and Contadors of the world when they tried to explain away their positives.

I do too and also believe he is probably still "juicing" to some extent. Jucing is a very vague term. Can we all agree that most athletes (as well as horse trainers) push the envelope as far as they can? Some occasionally get caught. I guess it is not juicing if you don't get caught.

The name of the game is winning and people will take every advantage they can get. Sometimes they push it too far.

Pay the consequences as dictated by the sport you are participating in and move on.

Last edited by Bigsmc : 05-21-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan View Post
Take a look at Braun's numbers so far in 2012. Not too shabby with no help around him

.331 average 11 hrs, 28 RBI's .402 OBP

Ramirez behind him is batting .218
weeks infront .154, morgan infront .214

So much for his numbers dropping. Anyone still think he was juicing?
Yes, I think he was juicing. It's a long season and steroids help the most with recovery. Let's just hope the cheating prick starts breaking down like the rest of the cheaters when they quit. He is younger than most cheaters so it may take a little longer.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Hialeah Park

Count me as one who DOESNT believe he was/is cheating, even before he vehemently denied the accusations.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Yes, I think he was juicing. It's a long season and steroids help the most with recovery. Let's just hope the cheating prick starts breaking down like the rest of the cheaters when they quit. He is younger than most cheaters so it may take a little longer.
Wow you have some hate for Braun.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:53 PM

I also think he'd probably been "juicing" in some form or fashion for his entire career, but what do I know?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan View Post
Wow you have some hate for Braun.
It's not hate for Braun. I don't like people who cheat and get off on a technicality. This goes for any walk of life not just athletes. It is similar to people who sue when they know that they were at fault or caused the problem.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
It's not hate for Braun. I don't like people who cheat and get off on a technicality. This goes tor any walk of life not just athletes. It is similar to people who sue when they know that they were at fault or caused the problem.
It is tough to say though since you are judging him without knowing all the facts. Would you rather have him take a 50 game suspension even if he was innocent or would you rather have him get off on a technicality since he knew that is how he could get off?

I understand your point and I personally believe in Karma and if he was juicing it will come back to him.

I have had the above happen to me where I was sued because my dog barked at 2 bicylists as they rode by my in laws farm. The women got scared from my chocolate lab and rode off into the gravel fell over and broke her shoulder. They got $40k from my insurance company even though my dog never touched her. Personally I believe they will get what they deserve in the long run so I get your point.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Sha Tin

Who cares what he is doing?
Old 05-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
It's not hate for Braun. I don't like people who cheat and get off on a technicality. This goes for any walk of life not just athletes. It is similar to people who sue when they know that they were at fault or caused the problem.
Those "technicalities" are in place for a reason.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:26 PM

Umps giveth and umps taketh away. In Johan Santana's case, they definitely giveth. Too bad Armando Galarraga didn't get the same respect.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Goodwood

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/82...ended-50-games
Old 08-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Flemington

I really don't blame Melky, cause quite frankly he sucked balls without the juice.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I really don't blame Melky, cause quite frankly he sucked balls without the juice.
Maybe he can get Braun's lawyer.