Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Hey it was a Pittsburgh truck anyway. They tip those over on a normal day. In all seriousness Penn State will move forward but it will take time. It is important for us alumni to help the families best we can and insure this doesn't happen again.
Agree totally. While my concern for the victims of these despicable acts is center stage, it bothers me to see how some members of the media take advantage of the situation for ratings as well as a chance to appear so damn morally superior. I have said similar about Nancy Grace in the past, haven't listened to her take on this situation but in channel surfing a little while ago, I came across another HLN a-hole, Vinny Politan (sp). He was acting so morally superior stating that this all should have ended in 1998 when the mother of an alleged victim reported Sandusky to campus police....emphasis on "campus police" the obvious indication being they covered it up. Now according to the record (grand jury and Politan's own account), the mother reported to them that Sandusky had showered with her son and behaved inappropriately...the campus police began an investigation and at one point a detective actually listened in to telephone conversations between the mother and Sandusky where he admitted showering nude with the boy and said his genitals "may" have contacted the boy's butt. The campus police reported all of this to the District Attorney and HE decided not to prosecute. I don't see how this is evidence of a coverup by campus authorities?? It would be interesting to question the DA on his reasoning but he mysteriously disappeared soon afterwards never to be heard from again! The family recently went to court and had him declared dead. Now again, I agree if proper action had been taken in this case, we wouldn't be where we are today and countless other victims might have been spared but I resent the "piling on" of Politan, and his clear implication that the fault in this case belongs to PSU...there have been many folks who failed our children and allowed this monster to continue his molestation...PSU has it's share of the blame but those self-righteous fools who want to point fingers would be well advised to look in the mirror and stick to reporting facts not pandering to ratings at the expense of others.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Saratoga

Nancy Grace is actually Honula....or so it is rumored.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Arlington Park

i doubt penn state is any kind of force in college football again in my lifetime.

i can't imagine recruiting will go too well for the next decade or so and i doubt many top coaches want to deal with the mess that's been left behind.

they should think about dropping football altogther. it's that or face beatdowns at the hands of powerhouse teams like purdue and northwestern into the forseeable future.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Saratoga

The guy is facing 400+ years and is out on bail. Am I the only one who things 100K bail is light.. And yes I think he is a flight risk considering the rumour that he used his charity to pimp out kids to rich donors...

Damar Hamlin
Old 11-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
The guy is facing 400+ years and is out on bail. Am I the only one who things 100K bail is light.. And yes I think he is a flight risk considering the rumour that he used his charity to pimp out kids to rich donors...

if he has any honor and hope is he does, he'll kill himself by impaling himself wih as many GI Joe dolls as it takes.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Old 11-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god View Post
i doubt penn state is any kind of force in college football again in my lifetime.

i can't imagine recruiting will go too well for the next decade or so and i doubt many top coaches want to deal with the mess that's been left behind.

they should think about dropping football altogther. it's that or face beatdowns at the hands of powerhouse teams like purdue and northwestern into the forseeable future.
i was a penn state fan for as long as i can remember. was.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i was a penn state fan for as long as i can remember. was.
I have always been and will always be, the student athletes at PSU deserve no less!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post

Story about his recruiting ground.

http://www.statecollege.com/news/loc...-taken-930818/
Old 11-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
I have always been and will always be, the student athletes at PSU deserve no less!
i can no longer pull for a college who turned a blind eye to years of sexual assaults on children. who spoke for those victims all those years? no one. there were plenty who could have put a stop to it; they all chose not to.
i don't know at this point how anyone can turn out in support of the college. from the president down to a janitor, there was knowledge of monstrous acts-but there was a universal head in the sand approach to the whole thing.

student athletes have plenty of other choices of schools. i'd encourage them to go elsewhere.

the whole sordid tale disgusts me completely.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
he probably purchased that home precisely because of that school. sick bastard.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
he probably purchased that home precisely because of that school. sick bastard.
He probably bought the land first -- had the trees chopped down -- and had the house built.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
i've thought on this some more.

the kids who were raped and molested by that ****ed up monster will have to deal with that pain for the rest of their lives. this will haunt them forever. they won't constantly dwell on it, but it will always be there. things will conjure it up in their minds-whenever they see on the news that someone has been arrested for similar crimes, when they read about it, when people talk about it. this will have a lasting impact on them. their life, how they live it, the decisions they make, the person they marry, the children they raise. knowing the life expectancy of the average american male, they have upwards of 60 years or so of this crime to deal with.
i think that institution should suffer for just as many years. there is no more disgusting, vile, despicable act than the depravity that man inflicted on innocent children. those who averted their eyes and refused to see, or admit it, or turn him in because it was so hard to deal with-they never once thought of how hard it was for those who had to endure it. they share the blame, they should.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
i've thought on this some more.

the kids who were raped and molested by that ****ed up monster will have to deal with that pain for the rest of their lives. this will haunt them forever. they won't constantly dwell on it, but it will always be there. things will conjure it up in their minds-whenever they see on the news that someone has been arrested for similar crimes, when they read about it, when people talk about it. this will have a lasting impact on them. their life, how they live it, the decisions they make, the person they marry, the children they raise. knowing the life expectancy of the average american male, they have upwards of 60 years or so of this crime to deal with.
i think that institution should suffer for just as many years. there is no more disgusting, vile, despicable act than the depravity that man inflicted on innocent children. those who averted their eyes and refused to see, or admit it, or turn him in because it was so hard to deal with-they never once thought of how hard it was for those who had to endure it. they share the blame, they should.
I respect your opinion and everything you say is true but even if you conclude Paterno, McQuery and a number of administrative types are guilty as Sandusky for these horrible crimes, that still leaves thousands of PSU students, both athletes and others, completely innocent. PSU will overcome this and rebuild their reputation as an excellent university and I support them. It's easy to say the athletes can go to another school but many kids have wanted to attend PSU all their lives and surely they aren't tainted by this horrible mess!
Old 11-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Dee Tee Stables

my oldest talked about going there, i'm glad he didn't. i wouldn't want to admit i'd graduated from there after all this has come out, and i wouldn't want to go there in future. not if that's the type of guy they want to cater to, and allow use of their campus.
it's not the kids fault, but i wonder how many will go elsewhere? and who could blame them?

a reputation lost isn't easily regained, and in this case, it shouldn't be.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Saratoga

Danny....I think people get your view on the subject.

Is there a way you could shut up already?
Old 11-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Danny....I think people get your view on the subject.

Is there a way you could shut up already?

there's an ignore feature; use it if you feel the need.

i do apologize tho, if i've caused you any discomfort. no doubt you just want all of this to just go away, so you won't have to feel bad any more. after all, we wouldn't want people to discuss such painful things, and make people think about stuff like this, right? we should all just pretend it's nothing to worry about, and just let every one get over it already.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
there's an ignore feature; use it if you feel the need.

i do apologize tho, if i've caused you any discomfort. no doubt you just want all of this to just go away, so you won't have to feel bad any more. after all, we wouldn't want people to discuss such painful things, and make people think about stuff like this, right? we should all just pretend it's nothing to worry about, and just let every one get over it already.

Steven H. Crist already.

Unfortunately...this happens probably at least once a month in just this country alone.

But let one of them be "news worthy"..and all of a sudden everyone turns savage.

We know you want Happy Valley to become Death Valley.Kill everyone who lives there.

Fine...go right ahead.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus View Post
Another "relativist" defense: Joe Paterno is bad, but so is Ronald Reagan.

I understand that you are contextualizing this -- while revealing your political leanings quite clearly -- but is it necessary?

The above nitwiticizm comes to you from the Cowardly Lion.

CardMe...go brownie up one of the idols over at NA...you don't work here.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Steven H. Crist already.

Unfortunately...this happens probably at least once a month in just this country alone.

But let one of them be "news worthy"..and all of a sudden everyone turns savage.

We know you want Happy Valley to become Death Valley.Kill everyone who lives there.

Fine...go right ahead.
actually, it happens more often than that. 1 in 3 girls, and 1 in 7 boys is a victim, what i read earlier today.
but yeah, you're right. it's being blown out of proportion, the number of victims, the years of abuse, the fact that a major university and it's biggest leaders all ignored it. silly me.
nothing to see here, move along...