Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
Yeah, it's horrible of me to think that everyone out in the State College streets last night is not a despicable human being with no potential or future. Maybe I'll start posting in the paddock more. I saw my school called a cesspool. I simply disagreed and made some ironic points. The facts are you really don't know a single thing about me personally. It's a freaking message board.
It is a cesspool. After what went on there, the entire place is disgraced. Nothing against you personally, I don't know you, nor do I care to. But it is what it is.

I get they are college kids, but it doesn't excuse their ignorance. We all did (and continue to do) stupid things, and of course they aren't all despicable human beings. But at some point a little rational thought has to occur right?
Old 11-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
I do follow you...public opinion blows.

They want to play like they know everything and how oh so tough they are...and certainly THEY would report Johnny on the spot if they were in a similar situation.

I don't believe it.

I'm honest enough to say I am not sure what I would do...given a similar situtation.

The rest is just them dropping their i-net puds on the table.
Touchy-touchy
Old 11-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus View Post
I never knew that you were a horse racing fan.

Interesting reference.
I still can't believe Lukas ran him in the Gotham.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Touchy-touchy

Tracky Bratty
Old 11-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
I never knew that you were a horse racing fan.

Interesting reference.

The things you don't know would fill PPJ's head.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
I do follow you...public opinion blows.

They want to play like they know everything and how oh so tough they are...and certainly THEY would report Johnny on the spot if they were in a similar situation.

I don't believe it.

I'm honest enough to say I am not sure what I would do...given a similar situtation.

The rest is just them dropping their i-net puds on the table.
i won't bore you with the sordid details of my youth; but suffice it to say, that i can relate to the victims all too well, and would most definitely not stand idly by. i can't answer for others here, but i do know me.
people say 'walk a mile first'...some of us have.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Louisiana Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
Gee Satan's Twin, tell us how you really feel. I actually agree with many of your points, where I differ is that I do believe in due process and you are assuming a lot seems to me. Does Sandusky have dirt on Paterno? Perhaps but while that makes some intuitive sense it's a long way from fact. The chief complaint I have is that everyone seems so willing to accept that McCreary told Paterno the same thing he told the grand jury...this from a guy who walks into a scene where a young boy is being savaged by an old man and instead of stopping the child's torment, he turns and runs away. Is this a man of virtue and character, a man who years later tries to make himself into some sort of a hero in front of a grand jury? There is no defense for what Sandusky did and no defense for those involved in the coverup which allowed this animal to continue torturing kids, I just would like to see a little solid evidence that Paterno's motive was to participate in the coverup. All in all, now that it's done, PSU probably had no choice but to terminate Paterno's employment but it just adds to the foul taste in my mouth. I agree that the students rioting are clueless and should face prosecution where warranted. Finally, name calling does not advance your position...and I'm a witch, not a warlock...which is a negative term to us.
Somer--First of all, sorry about the witch/warlock mix-up. My bad. Just go ahead and deduct two bolts of fire and three demonic curses from my paycheck this week for that one.

I don't advocate the suspension of due process for anyone. I do think that the application of logic and common sense are enough to listen to evidence and pass judgment in a grand jury. That was done in this case and the results were released to the public. Based on that evidence, it was clear Paterno heard before anyone a despondent graduate assistant give an eye-witness account to him of a rape he witnessed less than a day before in the locker room, of a child, by the assistant head coach of Penn State. And based on what he heard that gutless creep chose not to call the police, as mandated by federal law, Instead, he put "his legacy", his self-interest, ahead of everything. The two sheep who,technically, sat in positions of authority over Paterno, then orchestrated a cover-up of the crime by labeling it "horseplay" and then lied to law enforcement officials about what they heard and what they knew. In fact, Paterno was, perhaps, the most revered person in the state and arguably, one of the most powerful. As we now know, neither of these eunichs had the moral compass to do the right thing. They swept the crime under the rug, kept a monster in place to commit despicable acts for another decade and, thank god, didn't ruffle the feathers of a great man and his legendary program.

Whether McCreary told Paterno a less damning version of events than the one he told the grand jury is irrelevant. Paterno already knew who Sandusky was. There were other reports about his actions before this one. Forget the allegations of rape. Who in their right mind would keep an employee on his staff who was known to take showers with little boys in the locker room? On top of that, this jerk let Sandusky parade a litany of young boys around his locker rooms for years knowing full well each of those boys was probably a victim of unspeakable acts by the twisted f*ck that he allowed to stand next to them.

It's be-witching to me that you would think I am jumping to conclusions in this case. When you're sitting over your cauldron tonight boiling a tasty pot of newts eyes, read the grand jury report for this case. I'll bet you get so damn mad after you finish reading it, you'll put a nasty hex on JoePa.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i won't bore you with the sordid details of my youth; but suffice it to say, that i can relate to the victims all too well, and would most definitely not stand idly by. i can't answer for others here, but i do know me.
people say 'walk a mile first'...some of us have.

No you haven't...not until Tony is confronted with the same problem....and he wants you to tell him what to do.

Report to the police...and get fired and be blackballed?

No more ATM card 4 u.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i'll just chalk your comments up to not knowing my husband nearly as well as i do. he wouldn't take time to call and ask me what to do, he'd already know what to do.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Saratoga

Oh really?

OK...if you say so.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
No you haven't...not until Tony is confronted with the same problem....and he wants you to tell him what to do.

Report to the police...and get fired and be blackballed?

No more ATM card 4 u.
If you get fired for reporting a crime like this then I would think you would never have to work again after winning massive lawsuit. This isn't Doctor Patient confidentiality that is being breached.

Damar Hamlin
Old 11-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

I hear the only reason why McQueary will be allowed to coach this week and probably won't be fired is because of the Whistleblower laws in the state of PA.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
If you get fired for reporting a crime like this then I would think you would never have to work again after winning massive lawsuit. This isn't Doctor Patient confidentiality that is being breached.

Really?

Not so sure myself.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
yep, there are whistleblower laws to prevent you from being punished because you ratted out some bigshot who would 'never, ever' do anything because he's 'not stupid'. you know, the assmussen defense.

there are people who won't open their mouths, because they don't want to get caught up in stuff, or they're scared, etc. thankfully not everyone is like that.
my husband gets grief at work because he opens his mouth-he's a safety advocate now, so he butts heads with his supervisor who is after production quotas. thankfully there are people who want things right, not fast, and make sure rules are followed.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
I hear the only reason why McQueary will be allowed to coach this week and probably won't be fired is because of the Whistleblower laws in the state of PA.
you may be right, slate had a piece asking why is he still there.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

1982 article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...85/1/index.htm
Old 11-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I still can't believe Lukas ran him
I still can't believe someone who has followed racing seriously as long as you could construct a sentence starting with "I still can't believe" followed immediately by "Lukas ran him"
Old 11-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Or in the Derby.
He did beat Silver Charm in a maiden race -- which obviously justifies his Derby entry.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's twin View Post
Somer--First of all, sorry about the witch/warlock mix-up. My bad. Just go ahead and deduct two bolts of fire and three demonic curses from my paycheck this week for that one.

I don't advocate the suspension of due process for anyone. I do think that the application of logic and common sense are enough to listen to evidence and pass judgment in a grand jury. That was done in this case and the results were released to the public. Based on that evidence, it was clear Paterno heard before anyone a despondent graduate assistant give an eye-witness account to him of a rape he witnessed less than a day before in the locker room, of a child, by the assistant head coach of Penn State. And based on what he heard that gutless creep chose not to call the police, as mandated by federal law, Instead, he put "his legacy", his self-interest, ahead of everything. The two sheep who,technically, sat in positions of authority over Paterno, then orchestrated a cover-up of the crime by labeling it "horseplay" and then lied to law enforcement officials about what they heard and what they knew. In fact, Paterno was, perhaps, the most revered person in the state and arguably, one of the most powerful. As we now know, neither of these eunichs had the moral compass to do the right thing. They swept the crime under the rug, kept a monster in place to commit despicable acts for another decade and, thank god, didn't ruffle the feathers of a great man and his legendary program.

Whether McCreary told Paterno a less damning version of events than the one he told the grand jury is irrelevant. Paterno already knew who Sandusky was. There were other reports about his actions before this one. Forget the allegations of rape. Who in their right mind would keep an employee on his staff who was known to take showers with little boys in the locker room? On top of that, this jerk let Sandusky parade a litany of young boys around his locker rooms for years knowing full well each of those boys was probably a victim of unspeakable acts by the twisted f*ck that he allowed to stand next to them.

It's be-witching to me that you would think I am jumping to conclusions in this case. When you're sitting over your cauldron tonight boiling a tasty pot of newts eyes, read the grand jury report for this case. I'll bet you get so damn mad after you finish reading it, you'll put a nasty hex on JoePa.
Satan's Twin, there are times that I wish we had supernatural powers like depicted on TV and in the movies, sure would come in handy. Seriously though, I have read the grand jury's report and yes...it made me sick. While it contains plenty of details regarding Sandusky's sick behavior, it really doesn't address what McCreary actually told Paterno and I admit we may never know. But I have a hard time believing a coward like McCreary went into the graphic detail that he expressed to the grand jury when talking to Paterno. Perhaps he did, and perhaps Paterno watered it down from there but if I've learned anything in my life it's that leopards don't change their spots...we know what kind of a man McCreary is from his own admission...he's a coward who ran away from a helpless child being brutalized. Paterno in 60 plus years always conducted himself with integrity and insisted on a clean program...did he do a complete about face in this case? Not saying he didn't but I sure would like to see some indication that he did if so. I agree that given the time span and prior reports that Sandusky was a pervert, it's fair to ask how Paterno didn't know, and it's even more troubling that Sandusky remained on campus right under Paterno's nose after this incident...these are valid questions but I'm not sure we know the answers. In any event, it's all moot now, PSU took the action they did and Paterno is out.....and I'm fresh out of chicken legs and newt eyes so I can't bring a plague down on anyone!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Dee Tee Stables

"Penn State assistant coach Mike McQueary will miss Saturday's game against Nebraska after the school said he received "multiple threats.""