Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-31-2011, 04:34 PM
Steve Byk

Default Ausable arrives at Mig's farm for break

Ausable Chasm arrived today at Rich Migliore's Hudson Valley farm for the promised 4-5 week vacation. Carmella will likely fatten the filly up with pasta () while she gets a chance to relax a bit in an open paddock. Info on her turn out as provided by Rich.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:38 PM
Idlewild Airport

I need a break. I'm heading there as well.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Sunshine Park

Pasta. Lucky girl.

I hope AC enjoys the farm. I'm looking forward to her turf debut.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Steve Byk

Mig with Ausable Chasm at the farm

Old 04-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Randwyck

She couldn't be in better hands. I think "Zinger" will be happy when the warm weather comes along. After all, she trained in Florida and got used to those temps.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 04-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Les Bois

Default wondering where?

wondering...where is Mig's farm located...and does he ever allow any visitors who might want to see Ausable?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Steve Byk

Mig reporting the filly has really come to enjoy being at the farm, and especially the ability to roam a bit. She's fascinated by the other barnyard critters about -- Mig's Tennessee Walker for instance -- and has relaxed nicely.

Hud -- I'll see about a visit. I think it's in either Ulster, Dutchess or Columbia County, but not 100% sure. Be aware it is the Migliore's home and farmstead as opposed to a seperate free-standing facility.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Mig reporting the filly has really come to enjoy being at the farm, and especially the ability to roam a bit. She's fascinated by the other barnyard critters about -- Mig's Tennessee Walker for instance -- and has relaxed nicely.

Hud -- I'll see about a visit. I think it's in either Ulster, Dutchess or Columbia County, but not 100% sure. Be aware it is the Migliore's home and farmstead as opposed to a seperate free-standing facility.
Don't hassle the Mig.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:

Maybe AC will learn a few fancy steps from the TW and can do a paddock dance before every race like a recently retired TB mare
Old 04-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Gulfstream Park

If that happens, won't DT have to pay Jerry Moss royalties on the dancing?
Old 04-12-2011, 04:29 AM
Steve Byk

Spoke to Rich yesterday as he drove home from 'Raceday' broadcast, and he says the filly is doing great. Has relaxed considerably, gained some weight and is responding nicely to the change in venue. She has taken a shine to Mig's daughter's pony, and he thinks a stall companion like a goat may help with her high-strung nature back at the track. He's going to visit ATR Thursday to elaborate on Ausable's visit. Here's a couple pictures from yesterday at the farm...

Old 04-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Steve Byk

Richie & Gabrielle with Ausable

Last edited by Kasept : 04-15-2011 at 05:11 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Steve Byk

Ausable Chasm returns to Belmont Park today to resume training, and does so nicely refreshed. We cannot thank the Migliore's enough for looking after the filly as they did the last 6 weeks, as the change in atmosphere appears to have been something she really relished. Ausable had not been out of training for 18 months, and a shift away from the stress of the racetrack was an ideal tonic. She put on nice weight while away, and will likely require 2-3 works to get ideally fit. She'll look for a grass sprint in June as a return race.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:18 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Ausable Chasm returns to Belmont Park today to resume training, and does so nicely refreshed. We cannot thank the Migliore's enough for looking after the filly as they did the last 6 weeks, as the change in atmosphere appears to have been something she really relished. Ausable had not been out of training for 18 months, and a shift away from the stress of the racetrack was an ideal tonic. She put on nice weight while away, and will likely require 2-3 works to get ideally fit. She'll look for a grass sprint in June as a return race.
The 7th race on June 19th? (Hint, hint, hint)
Old 05-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
The race on June 19th? (Hint, hint, hint)
Possibility..