Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Belmont Park

Might as well drop a bug on her.
If they arent going to follow instruction, drop weight and give a kid a shot. She looked settled and was running nicely for a half a mile. Didnt it look like she was running well within herself I thought she was going to win?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Its such a tough game

Even if you can win at a nice 20% clip it means you lose 8 out of 10 times. Thought the same thing with the pedestrian fractrions....
Might want to ship to Chuck at Phila and drop her and run for a 20k purse going 2 turns with Flores.....

Hope she is ok.
I still haven't gotten over Target's last run a few weeks ago. It is true that you have to really enjoy the wins when they come.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Might as well drop a bug on her. If they arent going to follow instruction, drop weight and give a kid a shot. She looked settled and was running nicely for a half a mile. Didnt it look like she was running well within herself I thought she was going to win?
She has shown she needs to be in front. That was the only thing that Chavez was told. Get the lead. Not see how she breaks and find a spot. Not sit comfortably off the lead. Get her to the front. She can go the opening quarter in :22 and change for Crist sake. He wasn't asked to make any decisions. Utterly frustrating. We learned NOTHING. If she was going to get beat, let her get beat trying to do something new. We know if rated she'll stop. I agree with you about the bug. Had wanted Pedroza but he rode the 3 back.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
She has shown she needs to be in front. That was the only thing that Chavez was told. Get the lead. Not see how she breaks and find a spot. Not sit comfortably off the lead. Get her to the front. She can go the opening quarter in :22 and change for Crist sake. He wasn't asked to make any decisions. Utterly frustrating. We learned NOTHING. If she was going to get beat, let her get beat trying to do something new. We know if rated she'll stop. I agree with you about the bug. Had wanted Pedroza but he rode the 3 back.
It's tough when they do what they want, especially with 36k on the table. Sorry
Old 03-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Flemington

Just watched it, even worse than I thought because she could have made the lead very easily. I hope she comes out of the race ok for you guys. Good Luck with her going forward, hopefully happy days are still ahead of her.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Churchill Downs

really feel your pain on this one. I have found over the years especially on non stakes races with non race favorites or on horses like this that you had a definite plan that you wanted to go right to the front, no questions asked I am always better off using a "second tier" or non veteran jock who you know appreciates every mount you give them and will LISTEN to what you say knowing this could be the last mount you give them otherwise. With that said I normally like Chavez but in this case like you said you probably would be better off elsewhere
Old 03-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
"Never made the lead"? You don't think ridiculous Chavez taking hold of her had anything to do with that do you?

A complete wasted start thanks to Chavez. The expirement was to get the lead while stretching out and this guy decides he's going to try and rate. We know she can't rate.
Did Chavez offer any explanations as to why he didn't follow instructions?

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 03-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Doreen View Post
Did Chavez offer any explanations as to why he didn't follow instructions?
He said he thought she was comfortable sitting outside stalking so he didn't press for the lead.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Steve Byk

We're going to give her a turnout break for a 6 weeks and wait for the grass season to start..
Old 03-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Arlington Park

any thought of letting susan handle AC abit and see if she gets something different from her? KNS seemed to respond.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide View Post
any thought of letting susan handle AC abit and see if she gets something different from her? KNS seemed to respond.
None. While I'm sure Chuck would be willing to take on yet more expenses, we'll be sticking with the guy that won a MSW at Saratoga with her and is spending $2,000/month in overhead on her.

Gary's about $8,000 in the hole on Ausable even with the earnings from the Spa. ($2k/month x 9 months = $18,000 - $10,000 from win = -$8,000). He'll get every chance to offset that for as long as he can afford it... unless everyone wants to start paying the monthly training bills? Let me know if you do.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
None. While I'm sure Chuck would be willing to take on yet more expenses, we'll be sticking with the guy that won a MSW at Saratoga with her and is spending $2,000/month in overhead on her.

Gary's about $8,000 in the hole on Ausable even with the earnings from the Spa. ($2k/month x 9 months = $18,000 - $10,000 from win = -$8,000). He'll get every chance to offset that for as long as he can afford it... unless everyone wants to start paying the monthly training bills? Let me know if you do.
NO offense intended to anyone.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Flemington

Quote:
He said he thought she was comfortable sitting outside stalking so he didn't press for the lead.
insert cricket sound
Old 03-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Hollywood Park

The positive is that she did win at Saratoga & alot of SPA winners seem to repeat there (horses for courses)...

I still see good things in her future.....
Old 03-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithting View Post
The positive is that she did win at Saratoga & alot of SPA winners seem to repeat there (horses for courses)...

I still see good things in her future.....
I see her rebounding in a huge way. 6 weeks should have her back to her self. She was a monsta at SPA its just a matter of time before she is rockin in the winners circle.