Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
And then proceeds to beat the mighty Rinterval by a desperate head. Surely she was thinking "ZOMG this'll totes get the Rachelites hopez up LOL" the whole stretch. In addition to her dance moves, she also has a sharp sense of humor too!
Sheza a teasing bitch. Ain't it obvious? She loves the show.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Flemington

It's Polytrack... the most perverted of all the brands of synthetic.

On Cushion or Pro-Ride she beats the piss out of Rinterval and Anabaa's Creation by 4 or more very convincing lengths, instead of winning in a dog fight.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Santa Anita

She'd a fair bit tucked up her sleeve I thought. It was a shocking field but surely most people realise that some horses just put in the bare minimum to win a race.. Or am I just caught up in Zenyatta mania??

#Grand
Old 08-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Just heard the Beyer for that race. 78
Old 08-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgar311 View Post
That race hands down had to of been the worst G1 field in the history of horse racing. Everyone involved in putting that race together and being apart of it should hang their heads in shame. That was NOT horse racing. It was a sham and Zenyatta was almost embarrassed.
There's a whole lot of almost beating her.They haven't actually done it. If she wins in a romp, the maggots won't come watch her show next time.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER View Post
There's a whole lot of almost beating her.They haven't actually done it. If she wins in a romp, the maggots won't come watch her show next time.
But those glorified claiming horses she races against shouldn't be sniffing her a$$, right?? They shouldn't be almost beating her if shes as great as you all say she is.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Bowie

Quote:
But those glorified claiming horses she races against shouldn't be sniffing her a$$, right?? They shouldn't be almost beating her if shes as great as you all say she is.
\

Again, the usual post race comments have become quite tiresome. She probably has two races left to run in her career (both on dirt?). Just wondering what horses are you predicting to beat her.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Flemington

Quote:
You've never been around a brutal Narcissist. All you people are pssd about her, but you tune in to get your punishment. You all think (for at least a couple seconds each race) that you might have her beat. Then she punishes you yet again. Most of ya been trying to get her beat for what? 10 races? She punishes you, but also wants to keep giving you hope. That way, she knows you'll come back for another beating. You have a huge shot at beating her with BLAME, but don't bet money that you need.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER View Post
You've never been around a brutal Narcissist. All you people are pssd about her, but you tune in to get your punishment. You all think (for at least a couple seconds each race) that you might have her beat. Then she punishes you yet again. Most of ya been trying to get her beat for what? 10 races? She punishes you, but also wants to keep giving you hope. That way, she knows you'll come back for another beating. You have a huge shot at beating her with BLAME, but don't bet money that you need.
Come now Scuds you mean to tell me this hasn't been fun for you, as we watch Rail Trip, Quality Road, and Rachel Alex all come crashing down to earth. Here comes Blame now as the logical contender. LOL
Old 08-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post

On Cushion or Pro-Ride she beats the piss out of Rinterval and Anabaa's Creation by 4 or more very convincing lengths, instead of winning in a dog fight.
ha ha ha ha

yeah, you understand race dynamics.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man View Post
ha ha ha ha

I predicted a 89 beyer and a measured length win on Wednesday. Off by half a length...Damn Smith finish stronger.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man View Post
ha ha ha ha

Even if the race dynamics don't suit her - she just beat a horse who's lost 20 out of her last 21 races by about a neck.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Del Mar

What is so silly is that many of you keep making the same silly arguments that you were making last year. You all thought that she wasn't anything special because she wasn't beating much and she wasn't winning by big margins. You all thought she had little or no chance in the BC Classic.

After she stepped up and won the BC Classic, I would have thought that that would be enough for you to realize that you were wrong and that her winning margins and her level of competition are pretty much meaningless. Her win in the BC Classic proved that there's more in the tank than she's showing. And yet here you go again making this same argument that she must not be that good because she's beating mediocre competition by small margins. I just don't get it. The BC Classic proved that that argument is wrong and yet you guys still make that same argument.

I'm not saying that she's the greatest horse ever. I'm simply saying that you can't measure her based on these races because she is clearly capable of doing more as she proved in the BC Classic.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Gulfstream Park

The Streak is drivin' the haters crazy.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
You all thought that she wasn't anything special because she wasn't beating much and she wasn't winning by big margins. You all thought she had little or no chance in the BC Classic.
I gave her a big chance to win the BC Classic last year. Who was more deserving of favortisim than her in that spot?

It was a terrible edition of the BC Classic .. Tiago had the best finish of any American in the '08 Classic.

Her competiton and margins of victory are only being so wholeheartedly mocked because of the fact that people are wildly overrating her - run a poll on who the greatest horse of all time, male or female is ... Secretariat or Spectacular Bid have NO chance with Zenyatta.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
What is so silly is that many of you keep making the same silly arguments that you were making last year. You all thought that she wasn't anything special because she wasn't beating much and she wasn't winning by big margins. You all thought she had little or no chance in the BC Classic.

After she stepped up and won the BC Classic, I would have thought that that would be enough for you to realize that you were wrong and that her winning margins and her level of competition are pretty much meaningless. Her win in the BC Classic proved that there's more in the tank than she's showing. And yet here you go again making this same argument that she must not be that good because she's beating mediocre competition by small margins. I just don't get it. The BC Classic proved that that argument is wrong and yet you guys still make that same argument.

I'm not saying that she's the greatest horse ever. I'm simply saying that you can't measure her based on these races because she is clearly capable of doing more as she proved in the BC Classic.
Holy crap, how do you people still not understand this?

We don't think she sucks. We think she's awesome, which is what makes her campaign even more disappointing and infuriating. She's not being allowed to prove herself and her greatness. One challenging race a year isn't acceptable for a supposed all-time great. We get sick of hearing about her incredible accomplishments when she's not doing anything historically significant except extending a winning streak that no one with a brain cares about. If she's capable of more, they should show it. She's going to go down in the history books as the biggest 'what if' horse whose career wasn't ended early.

This straw man argument about how anyone who isn't satisfied with these monotonous life-and-death victories over claimers automatically must think she's awful, it has to go. She's a beast, and she deserves applause. But stop telling me how legendary she is, when she's never allowed to prove it against top competition.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
Even if the race dynamics don't suit her - she just beat a horse who's lost 20 out of her last 21 races by about a neck.
I don't have PP's,is that true?
Old 08-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Operator View Post
The Streak is drivin' the haters crazy.
That is true. It is driving them crazy.

Some of what they are saying is true. She has faced some pretty weak fields in many of her races. But she also stepped up and beat the boys in the BC Classic. Was that BC Classic a really strong field? No, I wouldn't say so but it was a good enough field. You have to be a pretty darn good mare to step up and win that race.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Flemington

If there is more in her tank why not use it? There is no shame in losing a race once in a while FFS! If she's really the best then run against the best and there would be no argument.Yeesh! One great race out of 17, cool!, and I'm far from a hater but get real. maggots, yea right. I love the horse but you are all nuts.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Bank View Post
I don't have PP's,is that true?
The PP's of the 2nd place finisher are in the 'Presque Isle is rocking' thread.