Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Flemington

Default Hot 4-way training battle at PID

For suckiest performance of the meet.

1.) Lyne Scace - 29-1-0-3 record with a $0.22 ROI - typically about a 20% trainer at Tampa - was 55-8-7-8 at MTH last summer.

2.) Chris Englehart - was a 28% trainer in 2009 and is currently a 32% in trainer this year. After a brilliant 0-for-29 start at the 2009 PID meet, he's currently 0-for-14 so far this year.

3.) Mike Trivigno - has not improved upon his 16-0-1-1 showing at PID in '09, he's currently 24-0-0-0 at the track of the six horse field. Won 14% at Oaklawn 3-for-21 and 3-for-9 at MNR

4.) Meanwhile - typical 1-for-65 Tampa Bay Downs trainer Glenn Wismer is having his worst PID meet ever. He's 7-for-27 and winning at just 26% .. but with 8 second place finishes, including a few at big prices.

Wismer is 5-for-222 with a $0.17 ROI in Tampa dirt races since 2006 ... here's hoping he can bust his way out of this current PID slump he's in and start turning these 2nds into wins so he can challenge Jamie Ness for the percentage title as hoped.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Churchill Downs

how bout that guy who is 0fer at least his last 200 combined with the same jock?

Iocavaccia & spanabel
Old 06-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Flemington

Yeah ... that guy has a whole lot of truly bad horses.

Another tough day for Wismer, his only starter tonight finished 2nd at 7/1 in a 39K Alw Opt claiming race ... looked home free turning for home, but a 2/1 Ness trained POE nailed it late.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Hollywood Park

Maybe Walter Bish will bring Sir Alfred out of retirement . He's only 12 .
Old 07-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Churchill Downs

damn, trivigno had a horse in the $ last night. didnt use em of course
Old 07-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Belmont Park

For what its worth, Lynnn Scasce was perfectly miserable at Tampa this year as well
Old 07-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Flemington

Wismer beat Sweet Lorena with one of his rats at 20/1 odds in a 43K ALW race tonight. Paid $42.20 to win.

Sweet Lorena is now 10-5-5-0 over this track ... she was 2nd to Informed Decision in the Masters last year .. ahead of Game Face, Diamondrella, Flashing etc. - but couldn't get the job done today.

Wismer's winner today has a career top Beyer of 33 in three starts on dirt, is winless in four tries on turf, and is a combined 0-for-9 outside of PID. She's now made 100K in earnings at PID and is poised for a beatdown at the hooves of Informed Decision (who Sheppard has stabled here) later on in the meet.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
Wismer beat Sweet Lorena with one of his rats at 20/1 odds in a 43K ALW race tonight. Paid $42.20 to win.

Sweet Lorena is now 10-5-5-0 over this track ... she was 2nd to Informed Decision in the Masters last year .. ahead of Game Face, Diamondrella, Flashing etc. - but couldn't get the job done today.

Wismer's winner today has a career top Beyer of 33 in three starts on dirt, is winless in four tries on turf, and is a combined 0-for-9 outside of PID. She's now made 100K in earnings at PID and is poised for a beatdown at the hooves of Informed Decision (who Sheppard has stabled here) later on in the meet.
Which shows you just how stupid Poly is.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
Yeah, well, at least no horse has ever gotten hurt running over it.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:10 AM
Les Bois

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Presque Isle Tapeta?
Old 07-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt1 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Presque Isle Tapeta?
Ok captain obvious, like you didn't know this already, but people generally use the term poly to describe all synthetic track surfaces.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Turf Paradise

Most people do use the term synthetic/poly for all those surfaces. The Tapeta is different though. I ran three of my "synthetic" horses there for the first time this week. Drove up to watch em and by just walking on it it is harder than the poly at Arlington/Keeneland/Turfway. In the early races it is kinda greasy but later in the racecard the grease goes away. Two of my horses that ran early in the card came back with greasy type stuff that we could hardly get off their legs. Interestingly they both ran a little dull (except for one that I thought Pino gave me a bad ride). The one that ran in the sixth race seemed to love it and did not come back with the sticky residue on her legs and she won? This was all of their first time on the Tapeta but have always ran well on the synthetic. Some of the people up there told me the horse usually need one over this surface?

All in all it was a good trip. Track kinda reminded me of Charles Town. I had heard horror stories about getting licensed but I didnt have any trouble and they were pretty nice to me in the racing office.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:49 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by citycat View Post
Most people do use the term synthetic/poly for all those surfaces. The Tapeta is different though. I ran three of my "synthetic" horses there for the first time this week. Drove up to watch em and by just walking on it it is harder than the poly at Arlington/Keeneland/Turfway. In the early races it is kinda greasy but later in the racecard the grease goes away. Two of my horses that ran early in the card came back with greasy type stuff that we could hardly get off their legs. Interestingly they both ran a little dull (except for one that I thought Pino gave me a bad ride). The one that ran in the sixth race seemed to love it and did not come back with the sticky residue on her legs and she won? This was all of their first time on the Tapeta but have always ran well on the synthetic. Some of the people up there told me the horse usually need one over this surface?

All in all it was a good trip. Track kinda reminded me of Charles Town. I had heard horror stories about getting licensed but I didnt have any trouble and they were pretty nice to me in the racing office.
Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting.

--Dunbar